Looking for good (and cheap) headphones

vdawg5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I've sold my iPod finally and need to get some headphones (before I was using the white earplug thingies on my laptop). Looking for full headphones, didn't like putting stuff into my ears. If it matters, I would like the headphones to not be too tight on my head, since my ears kinda stick out a little.

So, yeah, budget is around 50, may go higher but not too much more. Anyone have any recommendations or feedback? Thanks in advance

Those Sony ones that go around your head (street style, can't remember the number) are cheap and pretty good - I use em.

RULE no 1: Go for coby. I have had the best experience in headphones through coby. Try FYE, they had a nice pair for abour $12 last time i checked. THey block out sound as well.

I'm kinda looking for the same thing. I just picked up an mp3 player, and I'd like something to use with that as well as my portable systems. I *hate* the swingback style that's so popular these days, and I'm looking for something that's fairly small so it will be easily portable (folds up or something). Any suggestions?

I use these: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&id=1051826207779

Considering they've got better audio ratings than most you'll find below $40 or $50, I think they're a steal. It doesn't feel cheap at all. The leatherette ear padding (also used on the band) feels great. The cups can swing outward if you want to do single-side monitoring, and while the whole thing isn't compact, the headphones can fold into something slightly less bulky if you're going to toss them into a bag. The cord is just long enough for a personal audio player, it's not even long enough to plug into the rear of a computer.

Koss makes some excellent low priced phones. So excellent that audiophiles rave about it.

I have a pair of the KSC 35s and they are insanely good for their price. They handly beat my $70 Sonys.

If you can find 35s, buy them. Incredible sound for the money. If you cant (out of production sadly) try the UR40s or the Portapros. Not as good, but still very very good for the money.

Stay away from sony. They only make 2 decent sets of phones, none of which are near your pricepoint. The rest is utter, utter garbage.

*Edit* Great headphone site Im a member of:

Headfi.com

All you ever wanted to know about headphones and more.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Koss makes some excellent low priced phones. So excellent that audiophiles rave about it.

I have a pair of the KSC 35s and they are insanely good for their price. They handly beat my $70 Sonys.

If you can find 35s, buy them. Incredible sound for the money. If you cant (out of production sadly) try the UR40s or the Portapros. Not as good, but still very very good for the money.

Stay away from sony. They only make 2 decent sets of phones, none of which are near your pricepoint. The rest is utter, utter garbage.

Headfi.com

All you ever wanted to know about headphones and more.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Koss:

[quote name='CheapyD']Probably the best for under $20:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006B486K[/QUOTE]

(from the other thread I linked)

Those are my portable headphones of choice. :cool:

If your budget is around $50, I'd buy these.
http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=search&item=g1sr60ee

Grado SR-60's. They're a little over $50, but they're the best headphones under $100.

If you want to go cheaper, Koss is pretty much the leader of the cheap headphones. The Koss Portapro's are excellent. I used a Koss R-80, until I broke it. I'll get a free replacement because of their lifetime warranty, but I'm stepping up to the Grado's pretty soon.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Speaking of Koss:

Those are my portable headphones of choice. :cool:[/QUOTE]

No offense, but while those are good phones, the 35s are the best $20 phones ever.

The 75s replaced the 35s driver with a titanium hack job. Not bad (still Koss) but not nearly as clean as the original 35s.

For me the PortaPros are a better choice than the 75s but yes, twice as much. (not twice the sound though)

I have an unabashed love affair with the 35s. Imagine when your $20 headphones beat out 2 $50 pairs and a $75 pair you own. Amazing.

[quote name='dafoomie']If your budget is around $50, I'd buy these.
http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=search&item=g1sr60ee

Grado SR-60's. They're a little over $50, but they're the best headphones under $100.

If you want to go cheaper, Koss is pretty much the leader of the cheap headphones. The Koss Portapro's are excellent. I used a Koss R-80, until I broke it. I'll get a free replacement because of their lifetime warranty, but I'm stepping up to the Grado's pretty soon.[/QUOTE]

Grados are beautiful. Rich, warm sound although not as open of a soundstage as many like (think of it more being onstage WITH the band then in the chamber) D'Fooms is right though, probably the best sub $100 phones (unless you score the Grado 80s which can run a tad under at times)

Koss will be the cheap option leader. Grados would keep you happy for longer.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Speaking of Koss:

Those are my portable headphones of choice. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Those look like exactly what I'm looking for, thanks! :)

[quote name='supadupacheap']No offense, but while those are good phones, the 35s are the best $20 phones ever.

The 75s replaced the 35s driver with a titanium hack job. Not bad (still Koss) but not nearly as clean as the original 35s.

For me the PortaPros are a better choice than the 75s but yes, twice as much. (not twice the sound though)

I have an unabashed love affair with the 35s. Imagine when your $20 headphones beat out 2 $50 pairs and a $75 pair you own. Amazing.[/QUOTE]
You can also get the Sportapro's, which have the same drivers as the Portapro's and KSC35's, pretty cheap now. $22 on Amazon.

I'm a music junkie and I've got tons of headphones so i'll list my top two.

newCrushers.jpg

This is what I use all the time at home and when I'm out and about, I love them to death. Heavy Bass, and Crisp Highs. They are on the more expensive side though at about 69 bucks.

B00009LI55.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sennheiser makes awesome headphones good brand to look at, I use theses if I'm going some where I know I will active, they stick to your head like glue (for me anyways) comfy and sound amazing. Get them here

[quote name='supadupacheap']Grados are beautiful. Rich, warm sound although not as open of a soundstage as many like (think of it more being onstage WITH the band then in the chamber) D'Fooms is right though, probably the best sub $100 phones (unless you score the Grado 80s which can run a tad under at times)

Koss will be the cheap option leader. Grados would keep you happy for longer.[/QUOTE]

I've got a pair of SR 80's that are about 4 years old now. They cost me $95 at the time. :cool:

[quote name='argyle']Those look like exactly what I'm looking for, thanks! :)[/QUOTE]

Glad to be of service.

I'm picking up some Grados (SR60's are ~$65 on most all online sites) pretty soon. BTW, anyone know of anywhere that sells Grados in a store? That would save on shipping of course...SR80's sell on ebay for $80-90 (I've never seen above $90, but shipping is usually $10 and up so...).

I use the Sony earbuds listed above (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...e&s=pc&n=507846) and have nothing but love for em. Sure mids aren't PERFECT, but I'm more a bass-man myself...

(sorry to hijack the thread for my following question!) I'd be using the Grados for listening to music/gaming on the PC. I'm wondering if having the onboard sound card ("Intel 82801BA(M) ICH2 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-5] PCI" as it seems AIDA32 is telling me) will limit how much I can appreciate the headphones by a lot?

[quote name='humidore']I'm picking up some Grados (SR60's are ~$65 on most all online sites) pretty soon. BTW, anyone know of anywhere that sells Grados in a store? That would save on shipping of course...SR80's sell on ebay for $80-90 (I've never seen above $90, but shipping is usually $10 and up so...).

I use the Sony earbuds listed above (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...e&s=pc&n=507846) and have nothing but love for em. Sure mids aren't PERFECT, but I'm more a bass-man myself...

(sorry to hijack the thread for my following question!) I'd be using the Grados for listening to music/gaming on the PC. I'm wondering if having the onboard sound card ("Intel 82801BA(M) ICH2 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-5] PCI" as it seems AIDA32 is telling me) will limit how much I can appreciate the headphones by a lot?[/QUOTE]

Grados SR60s are great. Only the truly picky will notice a difference between the 60s and 80s. (usually in openess sound and a wee bit in the mids)

Not to bash you, but sonys do indeed suck, and HARD. If you are so into bass that you are able to forgive the misery that is the Sony mid, buying SR 60s would really be a waste (lets hope they teach you how to truly appriciate music ;))

You cant get Grados in store anywhere huge. Its my understanding that they arent so easy to come by. Not impossible, but more of a unique, knowledgable audience. Rumor has it the 60s arent long for this world much longer anyway. We'll see.

Some onboard audio is decent to ok but most isnt. I dont know that one myself so I wont make assumptions. What I will say is the Soundblaster 24bit is damn damn DAMN fine for its price. My Headfi friends that are far pickier than me find it agreeable and its like $20.

Grados are one of the few things in this world I find to be worth their price. Ill try to deal down just about anything but Grados. It feels like I dishonor them. :lol:

Cambridge Soundworks used to have $15 off $50 coupons in their catalogs, but no more. I was going to use one on some SR-60's, looks like I'll have to pay full price now.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Koss makes some excellent low priced phones. So excellent that audiophiles rave about it.

Headfi.com

All you ever wanted to know about headphones and more.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Koss makes some great head phones I have these:
http://www.headphones.com/headphones/home_and_office/koss_ur18.html
which are pretty cheap i.e. $25 and are pretty damn good.

As he said, avoid Sony, avoid any sort of crappy ear bud, or wrap around shit. Get something decent at least, it makes quite the difference.

edit- I don't get why people use crappy head phones. If you have an mp3 player and use the supplied shit headphones, you might as well get mp3's encoded at a horrible bitrate because it's going to sound like shit anyway.

[quote name='humidore']f...

(sorry to hijack the thread for my following question!) I'd be using the Grados for listening to music/gaming on the PC. I'm wondering if having the onboard sound card ("Intel 82801BA(M) ICH2 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-5] PCI" as it seems AIDA32 is telling me) will limit how much I can appreciate the headphones by a lot?[/QUOTE]

Well hardware does play a factor in how music sounds, but it shouldn't really hinder the headphones it should sound good depending on the sound quality of the headphones and the way you have your sound configured (EQ settings ect.) but i'm going by assumptions since I have no clue how your sound, sounds. If you have decent sound now, then your headphones will either enhance the sound, make it worse or just sound the same, that's all dependent on the headphones quality (Impedance, Frequency range ect.).

[quote name='b0bx13']Would anyone by chance have experience with these?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106306[/QUOTE]

Not personal but Senns tend to be iffy quality at the low end, much nicer at the tops. I think once they realized how big their name was, they started making more lower priced (and crappy) goods to cash in. It used to be a Senn under $100 was near non existant. Now they have quite a few and most of the people I hear say good things about them are "audio" people. (they seem to love the brand name more than quality of sound)

Koss is the only lower price brand I think we can all agree on. How often does that happen? So why look elsewhere?

[quote name='supadupacheap']Grados SR60s are great. Only the truly picky will notice a difference between the 60s and 80s. (usually in openess sound and a wee bit in the mids)

Not to bash you, but sonys do indeed suck, and HARD. If you are so into bass that you are able to forgive the misery that is the Sony mid, buying SR 60s would really be a waste (lets hope they teach you how to truly appriciate music ;))

You cant get Grados in store anywhere huge. Its my understanding that they arent so easy to come by. Not impossible, but more of a unique, knowledgable audience. Rumor has it the 60s arent long for this world much longer anyway. We'll see.

Some onboard audio is decent to ok but most isnt. I dont know that one myself so I wont make assumptions. What I will say is the Soundblaster 24bit is damn damn DAMN fine for its price. My Headfi friends that are far pickier than me find it agreeable and its like $20.[/QUOTE]

No offense taken on the Sony thing at all! I'm by no means an audiophile. What I know, I learned mostly from the old ign gear site (like 2-3 years ago stuff). They had one guy who reviewed lots of higher end Sony's like the Eggo's and those earbuds. He also did the Grados, etc. so I just picked up some info from those...

My main dilemma is that the Grados SR-60's and the Shure E2C's are around the same price online. (Do you "approve" of the Shure's ;) i mean those seem to be the obvious step up from my Sony's) I think the difference between my current PC headphones and the Grados is greater than the Shure's and the Sony's, and besides, I spend more time listening on my PC.

Thanks for your input too btw man.

EDIT: I use winamp v.2.81 and a DSP plug-in called "Enhancer v.17" (higher ver's of winamp arent compatible with this plug in i think) made by some Romanian guy (http://www.i-adrian.home.ro/ ->check the Enhancer link at the top). Hahaha, now doesn't that sound random...anyway it helped bring the sound out, and I haven't found anything else so. I rip my CD's at 320kbps or 224kbps (mp3).

[quote name='sisco1986']Well hardware does play a factor in how music sounds, but it shouldn't really hinder the headphones it should sound good depending on the sound quality of the headphones and the way you have your sound configured (EQ settings ect.) but i'm going by assumptions since I have no clue how your sound, sounds. If you have decent sound now, then your headphones will either enhance the sound, make it worse or just sound the same, that's all dependent on the headphones quality (Impedance, Frequency range ect.).[/QUOTE]

:nottalking:

Please tell me Im misunderstanding you. There is NO eq setting that will make up for a crappy soundcard. None.

Sound is like anything else, you need quality from source to your senses or else you might as well not bother with ANY of it.

A headphone cant "enhance" sound. It can only deliver it with a closer resemblence to the sources output. Source sucks + $900 headphones will still = garbage.

Record your CDs at hi quality levels. Use a good MP3 player/decoder/Soundcard, whatever source you will use to play your sound. Make sure all wires (even extensions) and amps are of a good quality.

Sound is very much like chain, its only as good as its weakest link. Ive never met an intergrated anything that will make Grados (or any other good headphones) live out their full potential.

If you dont have the scratch to upgrade your soundcard to at least the SBLive 24 ($25 bucks) then you have no need to buy nicer headphones. None.

[quote name='humidore']No offense taken on the Sony thing at all! I'm by no means an audiophile. What I know, I learned mostly from the old ign gear site (like 2-3 years ago stuff). They had one guy who reviewed lots of higher end Sony's like the Eggo's and those earbuds. He also did the Grados, etc. so I just picked up some info from those...

My main dilemma is that the Grados SR-60's and the Shure E2C's are around the same price online. (Do you "approve" of the Shure's ;) i mean those seem to be the obvious step up from my Sony's) I think the difference between my current PC headphones and the Grados is greater than the Shure's and the Sony's, and besides, I spend more time listening on my PC.

Thanks for your input too btw man.[/QUOTE]

I approve of some of the Shure line. EC3s are nice. The E2Cs I dont know too much about. That tells me that the grados are most likely better for the money.

Shure makes great product. The only trouble is your freaking head. Quite a few people cant get a good "fit" in their ear canal and that ruins a lot of the Shures best qualities. Another thing is, it can be hard getting used to something shoved in your ear so tight that it creates damn near an airlock seal. Obviously you WONT hear the outside world.

Grado 60s are great subway cans. Meaning that they travel fairly well, good open ear sound but you are still aware of your surroundings.

Shures deliver a very clean sound, unsurpassed noise cancellation, and superior portablity.

If I had to chose one, Id go Grados. You ll get more bass for sure, its far easier to get used to, and they are good for many applications.

Shures are great for Ipod'ers but I wouldnt want to use them much anywhere else.

[quote name='supadupacheap']:nottalking:

Please tell me Im misunderstanding you. There is NO eq setting that will make up for a crappy soundcard. None.

Sound is like anything else, you need quality from source to your senses or else you might as well not bother with ANY of it.

A headphone cant "enhance" sound. It can only deliver it with a closer resemblence to the sources output. Source sucks + $900 headphones will still = garbage.

Record your CDs at hi quality levels. Use a good MP3 player/decoder/Soundcard, whatever source you will use to play your sound. Make sure all wires (even extensions) and amps are of a good quality.

Sound is very much like chain, its only as good as its weakest link. Ive never met an intergrated anything that will make Grados (or any other good headphones) live out their full potential.

If you dont have the scratch to upgrade your soundcard to at least the SBLive 24 ($25 bucks) then you have no need to buy nicer headphones. None.[/QUOTE]

All that is very true, what I ment was that depending on the headphones you will either get a good sound, a better sound (in the sense of if you've got shity headphones and you upgrade to better headphones there will be a enhancement of sound quality from the headphones, not the sound source) or just regular sound (again meaning what your used to).

EQ settings doesn't make sound better in terms of specs, but it sure as hell enhances the sound in terms of what you hear, I Have an audigy pro 4 (running through a 500w Home Theather 5.1 system, yes sounds like i'm tooting my own horn, but i'm an a/v nerd), if I leave the EQ settings alone the sound sounds great but it sounds a whole lot better when I actually adjust the EQ to the ranges I enjoy.

Thanks supa. I'm kinda used to the in-ear canal earbuds with the Sony's I have, they took about a week to get used to. Even with no sound, they are like earplugs (can't hear around you), but thankfully the medium size fits me fine. I don't know if I'd take my Grados for the commute to campus and all, but we'll see (i hate having too long cords)...

Grados it is then, pay check, I'm ready for ya! (PS: added a lil bit on my post before this one)

[quote name='sisco1986']All that is very true, what I ment was that depending on the headphones you will either get a good sound, a better sound (in the sense of if you've got shity headphones and you upgrade to better headphones there will be a enhancement of sound quality from the headphones, not the sound source) or just regular sound (again meaning what your used to).

EQ settings doesn't make sound better in terms of specs, but it sure as hell enhances the sound in terms of what you hear, I Have an audigy pro 4 (running through a 500w Home Theather 5.1 system, yes sounds like i'm tooting my own horn, but i'm an a/v nerd), if I leave the EQ settings alone the sound sounds great but it sounds a whole lot better when I actually adjust the EQ to the ranges I enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Oh sure. In that case you are taking an already good recipe and adjusting it just a tad bit more to your taste. Eq is great for getting a sound where YOU want it to be but it in no way gets it closer to the original (which true audiophiles want, the exact same sound as if you were there.

As far as bragging, your not. Its a good setup however the Audigy 2
while hot for games is pretty ok for music and such. It d beat the SBLive for sure but for the money, you could get a better audio only card (if you need a swiss army knife card, its still the best until the FX comes out)

*Edit* Dumbass me read Pro 4 as Aug 2. HUGE diff. Great card but I like some others better for straight audio,

And just so you know (if you are an audiophile) never ever ever talk about your wattage, ever. It has become such a BS number in the industy. Every maker either lies or uses very iffy measuring techniques to get theirs to look better than others or than it is. For example, my 3k Marantz comes in way lower in the W department than yours for sure. However, listen to mine and listen to yours and you ll see wattage isnt the holy grail the geeks at audio stores try to pimp it as.

[quote name='humidore']Thanks supa. I'm kinda used to the in-ear canal earbuds with the Sony's I have, they took about a week to get used to. Even with no sound, they are like earplugs (can't hear around you), but thankfully the medium size fits me fine. I don't know if I'd take my Grados for the commute to campus and all, but we'll see (i hate having too long cords)...

Grados it is then, pay check, I'm ready for ya! (PS: added a lil bit on my post before this one)[/QUOTE]

Go to headfi.com and see if anybody has any used. Ive NEVER run into an unkind person there and we are all pretty anal so our stuff is usually in top notch shape. 95% of the time people get rid of stuff due to an upgrade or Grados not suiting their sound tastes (as i said, its not a very open soundstage. Some people like "airyness") Take the money you save and buy that SB 24.

*Edit* Even if you dont buy any there, youd be amazed at how much you can learn in just an hours time looking around. Great site. Its the CAG of Headphones and (to a lesser extent) general audio stuff.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Go to headfi.com and see if anybody has any used. Ive NEVER run into an unkind person there and we are all pretty anal so our stuff is usually in top notch shape. 95% of the time people get rid of stuff due to an upgrade or Grados not suiting their sound tastes (as i said, its not a very open soundstage. Some people like "airyness") Take the money you save and buy that SB 24.[/QUOTE]

*Edit* Even if you dont buy any there, youd be amazed at how much you can learn in just an hours time looking around. Great site. Its the CAG of Headphones and (to a lesser extent) general audio stuff.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Oh sure. In that case you are taking an already good recipe and adjusting it just a tad bit more to your taste. Eq is great for getting a sound where YOU want it to be but it in no way gets it closer to the original (which true audiophiles want, the exact same sound as if you were there.

As far as bragging, your not. Its a good setup however the Audigy 2 while hot for games is pretty ok for music and such. It d beat the SBLive for sure but for the money, you could get a better audio only card (if you need a swiss army knife card, its still the best until the FX comes out)

And just so you know (if you are an audiophile) never ever ever talk about your wattage, ever. It has become such a BS number in the industy. Every maker either lies or uses very iffy measuring techniques to get theirs to look better than others or than it is. For example, my 3k Marantz comes in way lower in the W department than yours for sure. However, listen to mine and listen to yours and you ll see wattage isnt the holy grail the geeks at audio stores try to pimp it as.[/QUOTE]

While I like my sound a certain way, for different types of music true sound is great but I like to enhance it, that's the way I am. As for braging I wasn't, I just didn't want to come off as an audio snob. The system is 500w, it's not theoritcal or fluff that I read off the box, it's actual watage. I have a pair (2.1 system) of low watage harmon kardons speakers (50w i think) and that I use for gaming on the road and they blow my sucks off. I'm not an anal audiophile or audio snob, I just like loud distortion free music that I can adjust to my own tastes, and that's the type of setup I have and love. Oh, and I have an audigy 4 not 2. ;)

[quote name='sisco1986']While I like my sound a certain way, for different types of music true sound is great but I like to enhance it, that's the way I am. As for braging I wasn't, I just didn't want to come off as an audio snob. The system is 500w, it's not theoritcal or fluff that I read off the box, it's actual watage. I have a pair (2.1 system) of low watage harmon kardons speakers (50w i think) and that I use for gaming on the road and they blow my sucks off. I'm not an anal audiophile or audio snob, I just like loud distortion free music that I can adjust to my own tastes, and that's the type of setup I have and love. Oh, and I have an audigy 4 not 2. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was correcting as you typed. Huge difference. Sorry for the mistake.

This might sound very madhatter but, you should buy a seperate audio only card if you are serious about your non gaming audio. The Pro 4 is unsurpassed for gaming (save the $1500 insanity stuff out there) but its not as nice as a dedicated audio card.

If you really get serious, there is none better than the E-mu. The 1212m is godly and even its little brother can put any of the audigy line to shame. (I bet itd even give your Pro a run for the money (but its only $100 ;-))

Again though, this is for the audio anal among us. You wont get the PC game functionality you want (EAX,THX,etc) But for straight audio, it rivals many amps at 10 times the price (2k or more)

One of my good friends at Headfi and a very well respected member of the community. Also sold me my 35s for cost. Heres his Grado review.

Best Budget Audio on earth #4: Grado SR-60 Headphones

These things are not pretty. But what they lack in beauty they easily make up in performance.

Grado SR-60’s are my “Gold Standard” for price and performance for non-portable headphones. They are one of the most highly honored stereo accessories ever, winning awards from every high-end magazine in publication including Stereophile’s “Product of the Year” (twice!) and “Budget Component” of the year.
Grado makes many other models, and IMO they are all well worth the money. But for the price, these take the cake.

THE BAD NEWS: There are a few important things you must know before you consider buying these.
First, these are good headphones, and like all good headphones, they will not reach their full potential, and may even sound like complete crap, if you try to listen to them out of a run of the mill headphone jack, or using a mediocre source.
Second, SR-60’s are an “open” type headphone. This means that these headphones do not provide isolation. If you need headphones for listening while in noisy environments, these are not for you.
Third, and probably the worst for FW’ers, you will not likely find these on sale. You can find free shipping and no tax, but they will almost certainly be $69. However, $69 is a steal for these, so just pretend the retail is $299 and you found a place that sells them for $69. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

THE GOOD NEWS:
SR-60’s are far more forgiving of less-than-optimal sources/headphone jacks that many other good headphones; they can make a bad stereo sound as good as it possibly can.Though they are not portable (wearing these in public gets you about as many stares as if you went outside totally naked) they do sound good out of iPod’s and other portable devices of similar quality. They sound much better with the right equipment, and just wondering how much better they can sound is often enough to get people to consider upgrading their home stereo systems.

The bottom line:
If you want the best sounding non-portable headphone for the price, the SR-60 is as good as it gets.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Yeah, I was correcting as you typed. Huge difference. Sorry for the mistake.

This might sound very madhatter but, you should buy a seperate audio only card if you are serious about your non gaming audio. The Pro 4 is unsurpassed for gaming (save the $1500 insanity stuff out there) but its not as nice as a dedicated audio card.[/QUOTE]

Very true , and I was considering it but I'm happy with I've got now like I said I'm not that anal. We kinda hijacked the thread, ah well.

[quote name='sisco1986']Very true , and I was considering it but I'm happy with I've got now like I said I'm not that anal. We kinda hijacked the thread, ah well.[/QUOTE]
Nah, no hijack, its all interrelated. I mean, if I were buying what I thought were great headphones, Id want to know what I needed to make them shine.

And yeah, I think the Pros are great. I do. Your ears probably arent tuned into a 1212 (mine arent either)

My only trouble is that damn FX chip. If its HALF what they claim, holy hell is it gonna rock.

We're talking full spacial surround sound from ANY headphones. Oh, and then theres the new EAX console which has darn near perfected turning 2 channel audio into 5+. Oh man, Im foaming at the mouth.

I've gone through so many headphones from 7th to 10th grade (as I had an hour long bus ride). Koss and most Sony headphones are crap (except for those old street style ones).

I never bought anything outside of what you can find at BB or Wal-mart but the best damn headphones I've ever heard where from the Creative Nomad II MP3 player (around 2000/2001).. those headphones were sooo awesome. Clear sound and excellent bass and comfy as hell.

I had to return the player (can't remember why) and have been trying to find a pair of those headphones on eBay. But strangely enough, every auction I find for the player doesn't come with the headphones..:roll:

bread's done
Back