Looking For HDMI Cable (Xbox 360)

Thanks guys for the quick responses. Should I get a premium one? I want it to be in full 1080p. Also what does the one with the ethernet do? Thanks again.

Really? :p

First off, does your xbox 360 even have a HDMI port on the back (older units dont have one!)? If you dont have a HDMI port on your xbox the best you will be able to do is 1080i via composite HD cables.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Really? :p

First off, does your xbox 360 even have a HDMI port on the back (older units dont have one!)? If you dont have a HDMI port on your xbox the best you will be able to do is 1080i via composite HD cables.[/QUOTE]

lol yea. That was the first thing I checked. Thanks stripewhite. I bought it from that guy. Can't wait to finally play on a hd tv!

It is total BS that all HDMI cables are the same. Yeah, granted, there's no reason to buy an $80 one or anything, but they DO have varying degrees of quality of shielding and quality of construction. They can be damaged and they can fall apart. Don't expect one you bought for $1.75 to last very long. At all. I'm not saying they don't or that they can't last. I just saying don't be surprised when they do fail.

[quote name='mietha']It is total BS that all HDMI cables are the same. Yeah, granted, there's no reason to buy an $80 one or anything, but they DO have varying degrees of quality of shielding and quality of construction. They can be damaged and they can fall apart. Don't expect one you bought for $1.75 to last very long. At all. I'm not saying they don't or that they can't last. I just saying don't be surprised when they do fail.[/QUOTE]
Do you work for Best Buy or Monster Cables by any chance cuz this is like the third or fourth time I've seen you bemoan 'cheap' cables.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Do you work for Best Buy or Monster Cables by any chance cuz this is like the third or fourth time I've seen you bemoan 'cheap' cables.[/QUOTE]

No I think he's justifying his stupid purchase

[quote name='mietha']It is total BS that all HDMI cables are the same. Yeah, granted, there's no reason to buy an $80 one or anything, but they DO have varying degrees of quality of shielding and quality of construction. They can be damaged and they can fall apart. Don't expect one you bought for $1.75 to last very long. At all. I'm not saying they don't or that they can't last. I just saying don't be surprised when they do fail.[/QUOTE]

I typically leave my cables alone so the 1$ one suffices. However, if you like to play skip rope or have your cats and dog chew on them, I think you'd need to monsters.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-11276_7-226-3.html?tag=page;page

The editors at CNET are so confident that cheap HDMI cables offer identical performance, we've been using inexpensive Monoprice HDMI cables in the CNET Home Theater Lab for more than a year with no issues. That's saying a lot, especially when you consider that our video experts are constantly swapping in new products and changing configurations, which means our cables take much more abuse than they would in a normal home theater.

I have a degree in Computer Engineering. I've designed digital logic for years.
In the old days, Analog mattered. It was a signal, that would have to be strong and clear for a good picture. That being said, going a short distance, the quality of the cable is not such a big deal. It might be if you are going to connect a projector 20` away.

Now, when you get in the digital domain, you end of quantizing or sampling an analog signal (Assuming you are going Analog to Digital). Once you go digital, its all data (1's and 0's). There are no 1.5's or 0.2's.

If you are going pure digital, like HDMI, there are only two ranges for the signal. High and Low (corresponding to 1 and 0). Therefore, as long as the device receiving the signal can sense the High and Low, you are good to go.

Don't get fooled into spending $100.00 for a 6` cable. As long as the signal gets though, it doesn't matter. You will NOT get a better picture.

I buy the least expensive cable I can find.
As others said, monoprice.com is great. I've purchased 20` HDMI cables from them and they work without a hitch.

Hope this helps,
btanoue

Hope this helps.

Bullshit. I have 7 hdmi cables from monoprice, some as short as 3 feet and two 75 foot cables. Ive had the longest ones for 5 years now and they've yet to give me any problems. Not a single one has fallen apart, nor do I expect it to. Take your ignorance elsewhere.

All of the "cheaper in price" HDMI cables I have ordered from Amazon have been GREAT with the exception of one...the second to last one I ordered was bad, but there will always be a percentage that are faulty in every batch. The $1.75 cables I ordered from Amazon when I got my first HDtv (3 or so years ago) still works perfectly with no noticeable deterioration in quality. Please dont let any users talk you into paying more than $5 for an HDMI cable...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Bullshit. I have 7 hdmi cables from monoprice, some as short as 3 feet and two 75 foot cables. Ive had the longest ones for 5 years now and they've yet to give me any problems. Not a single one has fallen apart, nor do I expect it to. Take your ignorance elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. What kind of damage is your HDMI going to receive sitting behind your TV anyway? Also, the HDMI cables from Monoprice are amazingly well built and amazingly cheap.

I've been using $2 HMDI cables I got from amazon for 3+ years for my xbox, HDTV, and dvd player. No problems...the shipping cost more than the cables did so I bought 3 to justify the price and it still came under $10.

If spending more money on an HDMI cable makes you feel better, then go ahead and spend more...It's your money anyway.

bread's done
Back