Looking for help with copying DVDs to VCR tapes

cruzincontrol

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (86%)
Hey guys, my VCR just broke down on me yesterday and I am looking for one that doesn't have the problems that it suffered....basically it stopped accepting tapes and had problems when trying to eject it....Also maybe there's a good deal on the DVD/VCR combo ones but I'm wondering if there's a model that has that can use the VCR to record the DVD you are watching....Thanks for you help....

Wait a few weeks, there will be some crazy deals coming up at Sears and stores like that, since it is kind of close to Thanksgiving...

WalMart has a Sanyo DVD/VCR combo for $99. It has progressive scan and TV Guardian if you have small children.

^^^no small children here.....do ya happen to know if that combo one has the ability to tape record a dvd you are watching?....Also any cheap VCR's are wanted as well...

[quote name='cruzincontrol']^^^no small children here.....do ya happen to know if that combo one has the ability to tape record a dvd you are watching?....Also any cheap VCR's are wanted as well...[/quote]

None of the DVD/VCR combos at WalMart have macro-vision bypass. The only brand I know of that does is JVC and you won't get one of those for less than 150 bucks.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']hey what's macro vision bypass and is there a link to the brand and product that uses it?[/quote]

It bypasses the macro vision software on the DVD to allow you to copy it to a vhs. The manufacturers dont advertise this feature because they dont want any flack from the movie studios.

bread's done
Back