Looking for IDIOCRACY..

I thought it was a great movie! Granted, I was drunk... but still, it was great. Also, the cheapest would be 9.99 at buy.com after google checkout. Shipping is free.

[quote name='Arej00dazed']dont bother, imo movie wasnt that good[/quote]

Thanks Roger Ebert, but I like my movies to be shitty. :D

I thought the movie was hilarious. I changed my gamefaqs sig to "Brought to you by Carl's Jr." because i thought that was one of the funniest scenes I have seen in a long time.

[quote name='lordopus99']This movie was one of the worst movies I have ever rented. I can see why it didn't last long at all in theatres.[/QUOTE]

It didn't get the chance to last long in theatres - it was only released in a handful of cities. The studio buried the movie on purpose. They did what they had to do to fulfill a contractual obligation to Mike Judge - it would never have seen the light of day otherwise. As it was it was delayed over 2 years after completion...and based on what I know and what's on the DVD, my guess would be that the film was seriously edited and F'ed up by the studio. I think if there's ever a "Director's Cut" you will see a very different movie - one that hasn't been dumbed down to the point that it starts to resemble what it intends to lampoon.

That was one of the worst movies I ever saw right up there with the Dead Or Alive movie. But they did have Scarface(The Rapper) His ass was wack in there too.

[quote name='cruster']It didn't get the chance to last long in theatres - it was only released in a handful of cities. The studio buried the movie on purpose. They did what they had to do to fulfill a contractual obligation to Mike Judge - it would never have seen the light of day otherwise. As it was it was delayed over 2 years after completion...and based on what I know and what's on the DVD, my guess would be that the film was seriously edited and F'ed up by the studio. I think if there's ever a "Director's Cut" you will see a very different movie - one that hasn't been dumbed down to the point that it starts to resemble what it intends to lampoon.[/QUOTE]
I hope your right about a director's cut, I am a big Mike Judge fan and I really was unimpressed by Idiocracy, I waited forever to see it and I was so let down. I almost didn't think it was an MJ movie.

bread's done
Back