Looking for interior neons for a new car

tgk2044

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Hey all, just bought a red 2006 Civic, and am looking to maybe spice the inside up a tad with some cheap neons. I see all of these that plug into the 12V cigarette adapter, but is it at all possible to have some that just run on batteries? If not, then I'll need to find some that have 2 LED's spliced into one plug. So if there are any CAG car junkies out there, I'd appreciate the help here.

Them new Civics are nice! Good job... but interior neons? Come on now... unless it's going to be a show car or something. And did you get an Si!?

dont even rune a 2006 brand new car with some cheap chinzty $8 lights.....

...thats just stupid, tacky, and pointless.....

....now, if you are gonna complete work the car out (ground effects, engine mods, interior mods, system, etc., then i might say okay, but its still kinda dumb to mod a brand new car)

.....if you are however looking for a good sound system, i do have one for sale.....

[quote name='BeAt']and this is why i do not like civic owners =/[/QUOTE]
Come on, can't you see the sarcasm in the first post? He's obviously making a joke and is seeing how many people take the ruse.

haha i don't plan on doing the whole "fast and furious" thing, but just somethin to make the inside light up a bit, but judging by some of the reactions, it wouldnt be a good idea i guess.

[quote name='tgk2044']haha i don't plan on doing the whole "fast and furious" thing, but just somethin to make the inside light up a bit, but judging by some of the reactions, it wouldnt be a good idea i guess.[/quote]

Man, the only light you need is from the gauge cluster and the radio/ac panel. If you want a light different that whats in the cluster, look into changing the face of it. I'm not sure what the current OEM color is, but for example, if its green, you get a face plate for it that makes it look blue like in VWs. If you get what I mean.

I've thought about getting a blue gauge cluster face for my car, because I don't really like the green that Ford uses. For my car its about 50 bucks last I checked. Should be cheaper for yours

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Man, the only light you need is from the gauge cluster and the radio/ac panel. If you want a light different that whats in the cluster, look into changing the face of it. I'm not sure what the current OEM color is, but for example, if its green, you get a face plate for it that makes it look blue like in VWs. If you get what I mean.

I've thought about getting a blue gauge cluster face for my car, because I don't really like the green that Ford uses. For my car its about 50 bucks last I checked. Should be cheaper for yours[/QUOTE]

that's a good point, i really didnt even think about that, the display is like a blueish color that lights up rather well. maybe im just gettin the buying bug and want to do everything i can to make it look "sweet". (it's only a week old)

[quote name='tgk2044']that's a good point, i really didnt even think about that, the display is like a blueish color that lights up rather well. maybe im just gettin the buying bug and want to do everything i can to make it look "sweet". (it's only a week old)[/QUOTE]

i did the same thing when I got my Mitsu Lancer.

It's your car, do it up how you like. I do suggest cold cathodes over neons though, they will have a more true color and take vibrations better. You can usually get a pair of 12" on a single line (may have to splice a cig plug or hard wire) for less than $10 on ebay.

don't do it. I have a 2006 white civic and thats the worst decision you can make. It makes you a bigger target plus anybody that has a nice looking car that they spent time working on would look at your car and say gay. you want to spend money tint the windows and put on a better exaust. The only thing i have done so far to mine is put in a brand new pioneer radio system thats amazing.

Don't listen to ANYONE that tells you to go for it or whatever. Neons inside the car is totally fucking retarded. If you want to do neons put them outside the car. Just don't turn them on unless your at a show of something. Everytime I see a moron with neons on the underbody I want to smack him into the guard rail. Not to mention, its illegal to have them on while its moving in most states, like here in VA. If you really want to have a unquie interior, spend the money have custom work done. Ultimatly, your car will be total shit with out performance mods. Remember its better to have more go than show.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Remember its better to have more go than show.[/quote]

Hell yes!

I betcha 95% of the people on here won't know wtf i'm talking about but a car bra is a good investment. Never get a damn windshield/stone chip + the downforce on the front of the car is nice at higher speeds (FWD of course... waiting to get the new camaro though and dump this PoS :drool:).

http://www.glowire.com/plugplay.htm

They also have the type which requires a little bit of soldering and wire-stripping. I know, I know....a post which actually responded to your original question, instead of spouting off my own opinions. Try not to keel over from the shock.
:cool:

RBM is the man. But as i said. Tint the windows, get an exaust tip, the bra MAYBE PENDING ON COLOR, Mud gaurds are important, and if your not running automatic really think about a cold air intake and other performance mods.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']RBM is the man. But as i said. Tint the windows, get an exaust tip, the bra MAYBE PENDING ON COLOR, Mud gaurds are important, and if your not running automatic really think about a cold air intake and other performance mods.[/quote]

Uhhh, why does it matter if it's an auto? I have an auto with CAI and other performance mods.

i dont know. I think the goal is always to have the best of something and if you have an auto then you'll never really win a race against any manual. I would never take an auto to any racetrack.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']i dont know. I think the goal is always to have the best of something and if you have an auto then you'll never really win a race against any manual. I would never take an auto to any racetrack.[/quote]

QFT.

But any well worked auto-tranny can do just as well as a manual... it's all a matter of how much $$$ you're willing to kick into it.

Anyways, as far as performance mods go, whether it an auto or a manual, all cars should have a minimum of 350 horsepower. Especially those piece of shit PT cruisers that top out at what seems like a blistering 45 miles per hour. If Sally Struthers laid an egg it would look like a PT Cruiser.

bread's done
Back