Looking for Kinect deals (hardware)

jennyfur

CAGiversary!
Well since my previous kinect thread apparently got deleted (not idea why, I hadn't checked it in a few days) I guess it's time to start a new thread. Especially since most preorder deals have ended already anyhow and that was the focus of the last thread.

So this thread is now a request for Black Friday deals or any other new deals as good as or better than the preorder deals I'd posted in the other thread which I now can't reference. :bomb: If I remember correctly both were $199 for kinect bundle + 1 game + $30 giftcard.

And like before, I'll state that this is a thread for DEALS ONLY. Not kinect bashing. Please don't troll and ruin another thread for many of the people who were legitimately looking for deals in my last thread.

K-Mart has a few deals for Kinect:

-Buy a Kinect camera and receive a $25 gaming coupon
-Buy a Kinect 4GB/250GB bundle and receive a $40 gaming coupon
-Receive an additional $15 gaming coupon when you buy a Kinect Game alongside either a Kinect camera or Kinect 4GB/250GB bundle

i am hoping that amazon has a pre black friday deal for it

[quote name='RBH']K-Mart has a few deals for Kinect:

-Buy a Kinect camera and receive a $25 gaming coupon
-Buy a Kinect 4GB/250GB bundle and receive a $40 gaming coupon
-Receive an additional $15 gaming coupon when you buy a Kinect Game alongside either a Kinect camera or Kinect 4GB/250GB bundle[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that means that getting the kinect + 1 game works out better than the preorder deals by $10. Got a link? I can't seem to find this on K-mart's site and there's no mention of this deal at slickdeals or fatwallet.

If no decent black friday deals get mentioned in the next two weeks or so, then I'll likely go for this K-mart one assuming it's still active.

[quote name='jennyfur']Thanks, that means that getting the kinect + 1 game works out better than the preorder deals by $10. Got a link? I can't seem to find this on K-mart's site and there's no mention of this deal at slickdeals or fatwallet.

If no decent black friday deals get mentioned in the next two weeks or so, then I'll likely go for this K-mart one assuming it's still active.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274278

What the heck is a kinect camera? Is that just the kinect or is it some other add on?

edit: Nevermind. Apparently it's the kinect itself. Just seems strange to call it that.

[quote name='jennyfur'] Got a link? I can't seem to find this on K-mart's site and there's no mention of this deal at slickdeals or fatwallet.[/QUOTE]

Figured it out, the deal wasn't active until 10/31 and that's why I couldn't find it anywhere before. The deal is only for this week. Also, it appears that in the fine print you may only get one coupon per transaction, so buying kinect + a game gets you less discount than just buying kinect alone (wtf). So in that case the best you can do is $25, which isn't even as good as the preorders. Bummer if that's actually the case.

Found another deal over at Slickdeals though, 20% off with coupon code SHOPEARLY at GoHastings.com but it looks like they're sold out already cuz so many people jumped on the deal.

[quote name='nattybohman']What the heck is a kinect camera? Is that just the kinect or is it some other add on?

edit: Nevermind. Apparently it's the kinect itself. Just seems strange to call it that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's more often referred to as the kinect bundle. Never saw anyone call it "camera" before either... though the bundle does include the camera ;)

Also, it appears that in the fine print you may only get one coupon per transaction, so buying kinect + a game gets you less discount than just buying kinect alone

i would suggest to speak with Kmart employee to clarify everything. I went there yesterday and the employee told that I can get $25 coupon for the kinect it self and additional $15 for another kinect game. She told me also that those coupons can be used to get Black ops next week.

Is it expected that more deals, possibly better then release date deals, are to be had as we get closer and closer to Christmas? I want to hold off on buying Kinect now to see how it will do, as I have done with the Move. At the same time, I don't want to have to pay more when there are some decent deals out there now. It's just too bad all the good deals force you to buy some of the shitty launch titles when all I really want for now is the hardware.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Is it expected that more deals, possibly better then release date deals, are to be had as we get closer and closer to Christmas?[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm waiting for Black Friday. So far none of the launch day deals (aside from those launch party events that are only in a few select cities/locations) beat the pre-order sales I'd already passed up in the hopes for something better.

EDIT: Unless that K-Mart deal does in fact give you both coupons when you purchase kinect + 1 game. I think it will work if you buy them separately since the limitation is "Limit one (1) coupon per transaction. See store for details." It's a shame that deal is only valid 11/4–11/13/10... don't know if all the Black Friday fliers will have leaked by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jennyfur']
Unless that K-Mart deal does in fact give you both coupons when you purchase kinect + 1 game. I think it will work if you buy them separately since the limitation is "Limit one (1) coupon per transaction.[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know later. I'll be there this midnight..

you can also save $150 and just not get it. gamesradar said that they didnt like it and they're usually pretty spot on

[quote name='jennyfur']Yeah it's more often referred to as the kinect bundle. Never saw anyone call it "camera" before either... though the bundle does include the camera ;)[/QUOTE]

Kinect itself is a sensor. You're welcome. My work here is done. :razz:

Speaking of TRU, just saw a deal posted that beats the K-Mart deal depending on what you planned to get:

TRU Kinect Deals Friday & Saturday Friday Nov. 5th through Saturday Nov. 6th

$50 Gift card when you buy Kinect and one of these Games (Your Shape, Motion Sports or Fighters Uncaged)
$20 Gift Card when you buy Kinect
$20 Gift Card when you buy a Kinect Value Bundle

One Gift card per guest and they activiate 6hrs later and expire 1/31/11

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toys...ntryflash&

I got $40 gaming coupon from Kmart. $25 from kinect and $15 from game in one transaction. Probably the best deal here in our town.

[quote name='jennyfur']Speaking of TRU, just saw a deal posted that beats the K-Mart deal depending on what you planned to get:

TRU Kinect Deals Friday & Saturday Friday Nov. 5th through Saturday Nov. 6th

$50 Gift card when you buy Kinect and one of these Games (Your Shape, Motion Sports or Fighters Uncaged)
$20 Gift Card when you buy Kinect
$20 Gift Card when you buy a Kinect Value Bundle

One Gift card per guest and they activiate 6hrs later and expire 1/31/11

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toys...ntryflash&[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that means you'll get $70 in gift cards when you buy the Kinect + Game. TRU has screwed me over couple times when I combine deals that they didn't intend to stack.

Called in and they said they had plenty in stock...Kinda makes me not want to get it. I asked them about the promotion they were running and they said it was only for last night.

[quote name='Marauder7']Anyone know if TRU sold 3000 Kinect at their NYC midnight release party?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadylane']Called in and they said they had plenty in stock...Kinda makes me not want to get it. I asked them about the promotion they were running and they said it was only for last night.[/QUOTE]

I walked into this morning and basically a third of the department was filled with Kinect and Xbox Bundles with sales reps pitching the Kinect to people who own a 360.

The Kmarts by me were sold out when I tried to get one, guess that makes the decision whether or not to wait for Black Friday deals that much easier!

bread's done
Back