Looking for Mac RPGs

mcelfour

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hey all, I've been looking to get some of the DnD RPGs lately. Problem is, I'd like to get a mac copy, so I can use my G4 iMac to play, rather than an old desktop (750 MHz) or older yet laptop.

I'm specifically looking for these:

Baldur's Gate (+Tales of the Sword cost?)
Baldur's Gate II
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale II (if there was a mac version, I don't know)
(Any other suggestions? )

I currently have PC copies for Icewind Dale I & II, NWN+Expansions for PC and NWN for Mac. I'd like to play these multiplayer with my wife, so she can use the PC copy, and I would hopefully be able to use my Mac. If not, I'll just pick up another PC copy, and use the older PC, it really should be ok to run these on the PC I have. I would just have to set up that PC somewhere. :\

If anyone knows where to find these for a resonable price LMK! Thanks!!
mcelfour

[quote name='omegaweapon7']lol mac games.

wheres that silly cartoon about the "hip" mac guy and "old" PC guy talking about games? that'd sum things up for him.[/quote]

You know, I had a fairly long reply to this, but I decided you're not worth it. I don't need to justify my computer preferences to you. But if you (or others) don't have anything helpful to contribute....don't.

Thanks.

I stopped Mac gaming after Marathon Infinity... PC users got a crapped out version of Marathon 2, but I was busy building my own Marathon 2/Infinity maps in Phorte back in the day.

My only recommendation could be Warcraft 3. I know that was a hybrid game.

[quote name='Caliburn']I stopped Mac gaming after Marathon Infinity... PC users got a crapped out version of Marathon 2, but I was busy building my own Marathon 2/Infinity maps in Phorte back in the day.

My only recommendation could be Warcraft 3. I know that was a hybrid game.[/quote]

Blizzard is amazing, nearly every game they release is a hybrid. I do have a copy of Diablo II and Warcraft 3. I'm looking for RPGs as my wife won't play something as action oriented as D2. We enjoyed NWN a lot, so that's why I'm looking for the games listed. I know mac versions exist of all the games listed above, with the exception of Icewind Dale II. I'm not sure of that one.

I'm not sure if this will interest you, but I have Sacrifice for Mac complete in DVD style case, disc is spotless. Its put out by Interplay who also put out Baldur's Gate, developed by Shiny.

I got it with a bunch of stuff and I don't have a Mac so its not worth anything to me. Could sell $5 shipped, or whatever if you want it.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']lol mac games.

wheres that silly cartoon about the "hip" mac guy and "old" PC guy talking about games?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but you'd probably find it next to the cartoon of that babling, annoying, geek-boy who keeps whining about how much Mac's suck and is trying to convince everyone that Windows is the superior OS.

geez yeah... it's too bad these new macs can't... i don't know, dual boot operating systems...

that way, we could have the stability and speed of osx, and the... well, the games of windows... all wrapped up in an ergonomic, aesthetically pleasing personal computer.

maybe some day down the road... in the meantime, us mac users will just have to... oh wait. fuck you, macs use intel chips.

Well, World of Warcraft is available for Macintosh. The bad thing is that it is repetitive and has a $15 monthly fee. Runescape is fun, but also gets repetitive after you get to around level 70. There's over 100 hours of playtime in that game (a free browser RPG). Rumors have it that the next genaration of Macs will have capabilities to run Windows OS games. Might wait until then and get that Mac. Sorry I couldn't be of any other help.

I'm trying to avoid WoW. I'm a graduate student, and I can't spare the time for a MMORPG. If I could dual boot, it would be great, but my mac is a G4 iMac. No intel mac for me yet. I'm waiting awhile an then will get a Macbook Pro, but I have to save up some, and I'm trying to hold out for another hardware revision, as well as the new OS X revision. So perhaps this spring I will be dual-booting a macbook pro, but no sooner.

[quote name='varsitygamer']geez yeah... it's too bad these new macs can't... i don't know, dual boot operating systems...

that way, we could have the stability and speed of osx, and the... well, the games of windows... all wrapped up in an ergonomic, aesthetically pleasing personal computer.

maybe some day down the road... in the meantime, us mac users will just have to... oh wait. fuck you, macs use intel chips.[/quote]

Yeah, and we know PCs don't have better hardware for lower prices, and the ability to boot Linux, Windows, and MacOS if you know what you're doing.. Oh, wait... PCs use Intel chips..and AMD too!

Oh yeah, and mcelfour, good call on avoiding WoW. Better to not start, than to start and wish you didn't. :)

Don't be afraid to check Mac torrent sites for older games that you can't find. (only if you legally own them already, of course!) ;)

bread's done
Back