Looking for new HDTVs

beane316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
372 (100%)
I don't have one yet, but I'm looking to purchase two...one to game on in my game room and one to primarily use for watching movies with some probable gaming on that as well. I'm not super smart when it comes to tvs so I was wondering what the best tvs would be for what I'm needing. Like...as far as the gaming tv goes, is LCD better than LED? Is 720 better for gaming than 1080? What about the hz? It's all confusing to me, haha. I'm thinking about getting an LED to use for the movies. Not big on plasma from what I've heard all these years. I'm wanting the hdtvs to be in the neighborhood of 32-40 inches. Any suggestions?

leds are better all around.lcds have a light tube that lights it. leds last much longer. you want at least 120 refresh rate. (will cut down on blur during action). 1080 has sharper detail than 720. just read the back of game boxes to see what it runs at. just choose what best fits in your rooms. hope this helps.

I actually just bought 2 TVs, a 50" Panasonic Plasma and a 39" Sanyo LCD.

The Sanyo is 1080p but only a 60hz refresh rate. I mainly use it as a bedroom TV to watch as I'm falling asleep, so it's no big deal. But in playing games, I had very little problem with the 60hz refresh rate. I thought God of War 3 looked great on it.

Most importantly, what I've learned from TV shopping is just look for a good TV that fits your budget and gets at least decent to good reviews (i.e., the breakdown rates aren't off the charts). For the most part, the picture is pretty relative in that most decent HDTVs will look very similar to the naked eye to most people. Just spend what you feel comfortable with and I think you'll be happy. As a TV-buying noob, I spent a lot of time researching a lot of different TVs, and I kind of feel like it was a waste of time. Plus the fanboy-ism regarding TVs is pretty high, so you'll run into a lot of that if you research too deep.

Thanks for the advice and links, guys. Our cat is sick and we had to go to the vet so it'll be awhile before I can afford one...but hey...black Friday isn't too long away :)

bread's done
Back