Looking for Poke-Experts!

Artrigis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I bought a CIB Pokemon Fire Red over the weekend yardsailing for $10. A nice find on its own.

But was going to list it today, so looking through everything something caught my eye. I found a small card that says EONTICKET SS TIDAL on it.

Heres a pic of it I found online.
That is front and back of it.

A quick search on Ebay yielded surprising results.. just a few days ago, one sold for $90

It appears that this card was given out via E3 in 2003. And using this card is the only way you can travel to a special island in this game and capture Latias/Latios.

Does anyone have any info on this card? Is it one time use only, use as many as you want. How would I know if it was used or not? I assume it has been used at least once though.

Thanks

Pretty sure it's multi-use, the eReader didn't exactly connect to the internet or burn holes in cards.

That being said, it's pretty much a collectors thing at this point. I'm sure you could print up a scan online to use, and only so many people have an eReader that give a crap :D

Also, one is listed with a BIN under $50 and a $40 start with 0 bids currently. Last I knew you could probably gameshark/action replay/whatever the thing to activate it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eon_Ticket_(e-Card)

Yeah I think you are right, I found people talking about getting it via cheats.

But one thing I have found out in my 3 months of yardsailing, is that people simply like spending money, and its so easy to find these people via ebay / amazon. Ebay shows these selling for minimum of $40 pretty regularly.

Yeah I had this card at one point, from the Nintendo Power, it was unlimited use if you were transferring to different carts but it was one per cart/save file. I think the person who had the eon ticket could also transfer it to friends through mystery gift or something like that if they had it downloaded from the card on their game. I used to take the card to pokemon download events and give it out for free.

I think Nintendo Power is going out of business so if I were you would keep that issue and the card in tact and don't open the envelope the card comes in. You would probably get more for the mag with the card included.

Like you I sold my card on ebay a long time ago.

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah I had this card at one point, from the Nintendo Power, it was unlimited use if you were transferring to different carts but it was one per cart/save file. I think the person who had the eon ticket could also transfer it to friends through mystery gift or something like that if they had it downloaded from the card on their game. I used to take the card to pokemon download events and give it out for free.

I think Nintendo Power is going out of business so if I were you would keep that issue and the card in tact and don't open the envelope the card comes in. You would probably get more for the mag with the card included.

Like you I sold my card on ebay a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Thats great to hear. Thank you for the help!

bread's done
Back