Looking for practical Cisco training

Don Chubo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I thought I'd ask the local gearhead community for help on this. I'm looking for Cicso training with a real-world practical tack. I don't necessarily want a certification, but if I can find a good enough program that would truly prepare me for the exam as well as give me practical real-world knowledge, great.

I have taken a CCNA course a few years ago and am proficient in basic router programming and such.

Any ideas?

did you go to a cisco academy? cisco.netacad.net

edit: eh the locate feature is hidden & you can't link to it.
go to cisco.netacad.net > "Training & Events"> under Career Certificates click "CCNA" > on the right side under Related Tools "Academy Locator"

My community college had 4 courses worth of CCNA prep and tons of labs. After completeling the classes and a week of hardcore studying I got my NA. I believe cisco academies give out a voucher when you complete the ccna courses. Drops the test price from 150 to like 70-80$. Totally worth taking.

the college also had 4 courses for CCNP(including the new updated revision w/ voip), very little CCSP courses. One for pix/asa the other for vpns. Very often in the ccnp classes we didn't follow the cisco labs but the teacher drew up a network that similar to what you would find in the field. I would highly recommend going to a cisco academy if its possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back