looking for PS2 Retrocon controller...

allyourblood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
lookin' for the one similar to the ol' NES gamepad. anyone seen it around? i saw them on Amazon.com marketplace, but i think 20 bucks is a bit excessive. i'm shootin' to find them under 10 bucks, if possible. thanks!

[quote name='Genocidal']If your local Best Buy still has any in stock, they should be $5.[/quote]

i don't remember seeing them last time i was there, but i'll give 'em a shot tomorrow anyway. thanks for the heads-up!

Blockbuster used to carry these as well. I think they had them marked down to $10 a few months ago. Maybe even lower now, if you can still find any.

[quote name='tomwaits1']Blockbuster used to carry these as well. I think they had them marked down to $10 a few months ago. Maybe even lower now, if you can still find any.[/quote]
crap, you're right! gonna have to hit a few of those as well. thanks!!

I picked mine up almost a year ago at Best Buy for $5. I highly doubt they'll still have any.

One problem is: there's 3 random styles of this controller, but only one truly looks like an NES controller (blue&silver? I think not!)

The way they glow is quite nifty, but I would never seriously use these things to play a game with (I tried it with Burnout 3 for about 5 minutes...then never used it again)

[quote name='Kerig']I picked mine up almost a year ago at Best Buy for $5. I highly doubt they'll still have any.

One problem is: there's 3 random styles of this controller, but only one truly looks like an NES controller (blue&silver? I think not!)

The way they glow is quite nifty, but I would never seriously use these things to play a game with (I tried it with Burnout 3 for about 5 minutes...then never used it again)[/quote]

so hook me up! ;)

but yeah, i'm not stressed about the color scheme too much. i really want to get my hands on one for 2D shooters, etc.. the d-pads on the PS1/PS2 controllers suck, IMO, and i thought i'd give the Retrocon a shot. seeing the mixed reveiws it receives online, i'm not willilng to pay much, hence my request for a deal. if they had a Saturn->PS2 controller adapter, i'd be done (they don't right? i couldn't find one).

[quote name='coolsteel']Just saw this today at ebgames for 14.99, might want to try them[/quote]

called the 6 nearest locations with no luck, but thanks for the sighting!

[quote name='allyourblood']so hook me up! ;)[/quote]

I was actually thinking about it, but like you mentioned: it's quite sexcellent for old-school/fighting games. The D-pad is exactly how it should be: tight & quiet.

[quote name='Kerig']
Looks like you just missed out on eBay, but this is good news when the next desperate-for-minimal-$ seller puts theirs up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/L-K-Mad-Catz-Retrocon-PS2-Controller-Classic-NES-Style_W0QQitemZ290005800462QQihZ019QQcategoryZ21188QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one was even the good color scheme. If you look at the pic, you can see the main downside to the controller (besides the small size & Nintendo thumb). The R1/R2 & L1/L2 buttons are actually side-by-side, instead of in a row which adds to the finger cramping nostalgia.[/quote]

yeah, i was just lookin' at that one. i hit Blockbuster and Best Buy today but came up empty-handed, expectedly. i'll try a few more places before i give in. i want one, but if one doesn't turn up for real cheap, i'll move on to the Street Fighter Saturn look-alike pads, considering the Saturn D-pad is one of my all-time faves. i just hope they ripped it off well.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the SF Saturn pads, but I love mine. Not remembering how a real Saturn pad is though, I might not be the best judge.

[quote name='Genocidal']I've heard a lot of complaints about the SF Saturn pads, but I love mine. Not remembering how a real Saturn pad is though, I might not be the best judge.[/quote]

they're boner-inducing. i was just using a couple last nite to play some DoDonpachi with a friend. i'm referring to the model that the SF pads were based off of. the clunky "rounded" version (not the 3D pad) isn't as fast, or as comfortable.

bread's done
Back