Looking for RAM...any recommendations?

well Im guessing you have a dell? if so, watch what brand you get. I bought corsiar value select, installed it along with my exist memory in my dell and it donw clocked the ram from 400mhz to 333mhz. something bout the dell ram not jiving to well with other brands. kingston value select seems to be working. crucial is supposedly another working brand

www.crucial.com

They have a system analyzer that will tell you exactly what you need. Google for online coupons for additional savings. I think they have free 2 day shipping too. It's what I always use.

look on Directron.com to see what they have. They frequently have specials for single or dual modules. That's where I usually get mine, or Mwave.com.

wow, thanks for the info guys. i will check those sites out. i always thought everyone went to Newegg for parts, i guess that's not always true?

and yes, i somehow neglected to mention my pc. i guess i was too tired when i wrote this up. anyway, i have a Dell Dimension 8400. yeah its casing is a Dimension and not an XPS, but at the time i got it it had the guts of something you could get from Dell in an XPS. it was a special evalue code from PC magazine from when Intel was first introducing the 925x chipset.

bread's done
Back