Looking for Sealed FFVII

Don't take this as a shot at you or anything, but I have to ask...

What makes you want a sealed copy? Don't used go for 70-80 something? I can't imagine how much a sealed copy would go for, if you could find it.

I don't understand even why people would pay 80 bucks for it, just get a hold of the PC version or something.

[quote name='creeeaature']Don't take this as a shot at you or anything, but I have to ask...

What makes you want a sealed copy? Don't used go for 70-80 something? I can't imagine how much a sealed copy would go for, if you could find it.

I don't understand even why people would pay 80 bucks for it, just get a hold of the PC version or something.[/quote]

Because the pc version of it has horrible midi music where the sound is dependent on how good your midi hardware is?

[quote name='gokou36']Doesn't matter if its GH or not, as long as its sealed. Anyone?[/quote]

You're kidding right? Ebay auctions on sealed copies can go north of $1,000.

And aren't they going to port older FF games to the P3 and 360? I thought I remembered this being discussed at the last E3. Or was just another rumor?

I've had many used and a few sealed FFVIIs pass through my hands. I can safely state that the only way you will ever find one is through eBay, and you will pay far more than you want to for it. I got lucky, ONCE, and found a GH version being clearanced at a Kmart in the sticks, but that was years ago.

There is no reason to get a sealed version unless you're a diehard collector. Anybody who has a sealed version knows how much it's worth and won't part with it for a penny less.

Your best bet is to find some fool who listed theirs via an open auction that ends during a major holiday. Even then, you're only gonna save yourself maybe 10-15%.

[quote name='Short Round']You're kidding right? Ebay auctions on sealed copies can go north of $1,000.[/QUOTE]

No they don't. The non GH ones are usually under $200.

[quote name='Arakias']why sealed anyways, so it can sit on your shelf sealed?[/QUOTE]

Some people prefer buying new to used...

It would be foolish not to just buy a good condition/mint opened one instead of a sealed one...

Man... I have seen 1 sealed copy at a Hastings here in Texas... I think it was $24.99... I wonder if they still have it? I need some $$$

The person who said they pull "north of $1000" does not check ebay too much. $200 is the average price for a nice copy.

OP, If you really wanted a sealed copy, I would go after a NON GH as long as you plan on keeping it sealed. a GH copy pulls over $100 ($110 or so on average?) so the difference is not too much and if you ever go to sell it, the NON GH is more likely to hold its value or possibly even go up. Probably will not go up much, if any, but it will maintain its value. Who knows about the GH ones.

So are you saying just the sealed ones are worth the big money? How much for a opened used GH or original copy?

[quote name='Animal7390']still hasnt said why he wants a new copy i have 3 copies of the game and i dont have any reason to pick up a sealed copy[/QUOTE]

And why the fuck do I *need* to tell you this? Jesus fucking christ get the fuck out if you don't have it for sale.

If anyone has a sealed copy i'll pay $100 for it, PM me. I'll probably just get it on ebay if nobody selling it here.

Wait a minute, you're willing to pay about $100 for a sealed black label, while a relatively easy to find Greatest Hits version is about $20? Didn't you say you didn't care if it was either Original or GH?

Usually a game store has the GH version sealed for about $20.

Is it that rare now?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Wait a minute, you're willing to pay about $100 for a sealed black label, while a relatively easy to find Greatest Hits version is about $20? Didn't you say you didn't care if it was either Original or GH?

Usually a game store has the GH version sealed for about $20.

Is it that rare now?[/QUOTE]

Yes its rare now, and I don't want to drive to every store to find out they don't have any.

The GH version has been OOP since 2003, as has Tactics. Sony had the publishing rights to these 2, which is why they're OOP, and why VIII, IX, and the collections (published by Square Enix) can still be had new at a reasonable price.

and OP, please join the party of people who would not mind a sealed FF7 in their collections.

[quote name='cranguy']The GH version has been OOP since 2003, as has Tactics. Sony had the publishing rights to these 2, which is why they're OOP, and why VIII, IX, and the collections (published by Square Enix) can still be had new at a reasonable price.

and OP, please join the party of people who would not mind a sealed FF7 in their collections.[/quote]

I second this "wanting to have a sealed" copy

[quote name='Animal7390']still hasnt said why he wants a new copy i have 3 copies of the game and i dont have any reason to pick up a sealed copy[/QUOTE]

He's probably a collector but does he really need to explain why?

Try flea markets, some people have reported finding them there for $5.

Kmart, if you find it, sells it for $15 (GH)

Otherwise.....Amazon for $124 new or about $60 used, or ebay.

Them's your options.

Send a PM to MightySlacker, he has a least two, but you had better have a lot of fucking paypal if you think you're going to buy one off him ;)

[quote name='Paco']Because the pc version of it has horrible midi music where the sound is dependent on how good your midi hardware is?[/quote]
Eh hem... MIDI is dependent on the hardware.

Of COURSE it's gonna sound like donkey shiat playing thru M$ GS software emulation on Win98se..... get a DB50xg and you'll be good to go though :)

FF7.jpg

[quote name='freshzen']Send a PM to MightySlacker, he has a least two, but you had better have a lot of fucking paypal if you think you're going to buy one off him ;)[/QUOTE]

I never had 2. I only had one (maybe you are thinking of black label FFT I had 2 of).

Anyways, it was in my ebay store for a few weks at $125 with no takers or even best offers, so I yanked it and stuck it on amazon at $150 and it was gone in a few days. Most of the "new" items on amazon arent new at all for some reason.

OP, if I happen to run across another I will give you a crack at it before amazon.

Dave

I current have for sale on eBay a brand new factory sealed copy of Final Fantasy VII @ $154.95 and a brand new factory sealed copy of Final Fantasy Tactics @ $49.95.

Both are GH Versions, please check it out if you are interested.

Final Fantasy VII (Item# 120157062230)

Final Fantasy Tactics (tem# 120157063227)

3 Years ago I saw them at a K-Mart...about 5 copies clearanced out at $20.00 each. All Original Black Labels. I have a copy so I didn't buy any of them at the time. Smart move huh? I wish I could remember where it was...I would go back since K-Mart doesn't throw out anything, it would probably still be there.

[quote name='hbkhbk']I current have for sale on eBay a brand new factory sealed copy of Final Fantasy VII @ $154.95 and a brand new factory sealed copy of Final Fantasy Tactics @ $49.95.

Both are GH Versions, please check it out if you are interested.

Final Fantasy VII (Item# 120157062230)

Final Fantasy Tactics (tem# 120157063227)[/QUOTE]

Damn, 2 days late or I would've bought it from you. I did a buyout on ebay for $150.

I'm anal about my discs and plus I don't like buying used stuff. I'm gonna replay FF7 again even though i've beaten it many times.

bread's done
Back