Looking for site that shows who owns houses

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looking for site that shows who owns houses. Like shows who owned your house and for how long. Been on site before, can't find it now.

Interesting. I'm actually looking at a house that's been on the market for a long time. Like 1 year+. And while I know that maybe the owners are just asking too much, I'd like to find out if there's some weird reason like a murder happened there or maybe it's built on an ancient Indian burial ground. (I watched a lot of movies as a kid that I shouldn't have.)

Interesting. I'm actually looking at a house that's been on the market for a long time. Like 1 year+. And while I know that maybe the owners are just asking too much, I'd like to find out if there's some weird reason like a murder happened there or maybe it's built on an ancient Indian burial ground. (I watched a lot of movies as a kid that I shouldn't have.)
I always thought they legally have to tell you if someone died or was killed in a house before buying?

You can ask them and they'll have to tell you if they know.

My wife and I once looked at a house that gave off a super-creepy vibe, so we asked the realtor whether there had been a death on the property. The realtor said that they weren't required to disclose that info until we'd made an offer.

My wife and I once looked at a house that gave off a super-creepy vibe, so we asked the realtor whether there had been a death on the property. The realtor said that they weren't required to disclose that info until we'd made an offer.
That sucks

I mean why would someone place an offer, find out there was a death or something there and then still keep their offer there?

I wonder if buyers could call the county and if they could tell you if anything happened, or the cops then?

I don't know if that's true or it's an urban myth like a cop has to tell you he's a cop if you ask.
It's one of the things they teach you in Real Estate Agent school and law school (I've done both). There are certain things that have to be disclosed on the listing and they can't cover up stuff or lie about stuff. My favorite cases where when the house was "haunted."

It's one of the things they teach you in Real Estate Agent school and law school (I've done both). There are certain things that have to be disclosed on the listing and they can't cover up stuff or lie about stuff. My favorite cases where when the house was "haunted."
so.....

was the agent lying?

bread's done
Back