Looking for some recommendations for some Underground Out-There MCs/Rappers

Del isn't really an "out there" rapper, but I think he is very accessible to that crowd.

actually, Del is accessible to everybody!!

everybody loves him!!

and in the same vein as Del, I recommend the Gift of Gab.

he has a solo album which is great, but he's more popular for his group Blackalicious

I'm not a fan of Blackalicious' music, but GoG is a beast on the mic!! 4th Dimensional Rocketships (his solo album) was just what I wanted to hear!

I also gotta recommend Organized Konfusion.

another non abstract group, but they're so amazing that I can't not recommend them!!

their first 2 albums are INCREDIBLE. but I haven't heard their 3rd album (Equinox)

[quote name='JEKKI']oG is a beast on the mic!! 4th Dimensional Rocketships (his solo album) was just what I wanted to hear!

I also gotta recommend Organized Konfusion.
[/QUOTE]
I 2nd both.

I got to meet Gift of Gab last June - he's a really cool cat. He was outside the front of the venue he was playing in Austin smoking in front of his bus and I said what up.

OK, that Reef guy is awesome. No store around me has his stuff, but thankfully at least Amazon has one album. The others on oink.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']OK, that Reef guy is awesome. No store around me has his stuff, but thankfully at least Amazon has one album. The others on oink.[/QUOTE]Reef the Lost Cauze is from a group called the Juju Mob which consists of Chief Kamachi, Reef, and a couple of other fools.

I listened to their album, Black Candles, as well as both of Kamachi's albums, and I seriously cannot remember a single track off of them, lol!!!

Reef and Kamachi are also part of a super collaborative group called Army of the Pharaohs which is led by Vinnie Paz of Jedi Mind Tricks (a group that has been recommended in probably every hip-hop recommendation thread). I really like this album~!! (it's called Torture Papers)

anyway since u taken a liking to the guy, I thought I'd drop u some knowledge.

Reef's album is real dope. He has a skit that makes fun of nerd rappers and mainstream rappers, it's hilarious~!!

my favorite track is Fair One, featuring Sean Price.

Sean Price is another incredible emcee, IMO the best in the game right now (altho his new album was disappointing in comparison to Monkey Barz). If u like dat song u gotta check out Sean P too!

No MF Doom? Awesome stuff. Anything doom does is awesome but mf doom is amazing. Also anything Kool Keith has done.

After looking at this thread again, I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned Cage, Ill Bill, Necro, Goretex, and the whole Psychological camp.

[quote name='e-christ']Also, no one (that I saw) has mentioned Binary Star. It's pretty hard to find their music, but they're awesome.[/QUOTE]I listened to their album and dont remember much from it other than the title track, Masters of the Universe.

coz the 2-headed dragon breathes fire blows flame.

but One Be Lo's (One Man Army) solo work is INCREDIBLE!!!

S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M., S.T.I.L.L.B.O.R.N. (mixtape), and F.E.T.U.S are all HIGHLY recommended to any hip-hop fan.

btw, Binary's stuff isnt (wasn't??) hard to find at all, becoz they broke up before their album came out.

also they never got paid for it, so you can legally download it for free,

altho in searching for a link, it apparently was rereleased last year at retail, so free download links appear to have been removed :(

I could sit here and name dope rappers all day long, but for ones with similar qualities to the one the OP listed, the only one I can think of that really fits and hasn't been mentioned already is Hot Karl. I'd say give him a listen. He's an entertaining dude and some of his tracks are really nice.

bread's done
Back