Looking for some strategic thinking games for my nephews.....

rockalittle00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
OK, I may have posted in the wrong place and if so please forgive me but, I thought you guys could be of some assistance.
A little background info.
I have 3 nephews. I am a shameless grown up "kid". I cheerfully assume complete responsiblility for their video gaming "habit". I buy all ipod/game systems, and most games.
My sister and BIL want to kill me. Oh well....
I recently came up with the idea to "reward" the boys for achievements in strategic thinking games. Or any game that may impart some knowledge other than teaching a 7 year old the benefits of a "from behind, silent throat slash' ( his father almost really killed me that day)
In my defense, i would like to point out, my specific instructions that the 'little guy" should not play COD 4. His 16 y/0 cousin let him watch while he was playing and the rest was tears and storytelling.

Anyhooo....back to my question. Can you guys recommend any good strategic thinking games that I can offer rewards for total completion of achievements?
I was thinking of:
Civilization
Stratego
Settlers of Catan

Feel free to bash me but they are gamers now so the damage is done. Lets make the most of it.

[quote name='kube00']Only console? I can think of a ton of stuff from the 90s for PC[/QUOTE]

Even if it's a little OT, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

bread's done
Back