Looking for Something to keep the wiimotes in...

simplygriff

CAGiversary!
So I don't want to leave our Wiimotes and nunchuk's just lying about cause the cats like to play with cords too much and I don't want those pristine white controllers to get all nasty. I'm trying to come up with some kind of case or bag to keep stuff in but am having trouble coming up with something. You guys are creative... where are you storing your Wiimotes and gear?

-G

I'm lucky enough to have a drawer in my TV stand that hasn't been used yet, so they all go in there. No plans to haul the console around much (other than downstairs to the party room on Friday).

I'm looking for an answer to this, too. Currently, the remotes are all over the sofa, and when transported, they go into a beat-up Target plastic baggy where they subsequently get into a flashy blue lighty battery-draining orgy. We're looking into those carrying cases that are currently available, and I hear there's gonna be a G-pak for the Wii too.

Here's an IGN review of some organizer kit thingy:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/746/746895p1.html

What's a G-pak?

Speaking of battery draining, I killed the set of batteries the wiimote came with last night. WoOt!
-G

G-Pak is a brand of carrying case by Naki. Their cases for Xbox and Gamecube were stellar (but their PSTwo one sucked).

Here's their page:
www.naki-world.com

They have their Wii one on there, but it looks to be freakishly big for some reason.

Oh wow. I don't think I need all that but they're pretty neat. Like you said though the Wii one is way too big...
-G

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Currently, the remotes are all over the sofa, and when transported, they go into a beat-up Target plastic baggy where they subsequently get into a flashy blue lighty battery-draining orgy. [/quote]i love it when you talk dirty

pick yourself up a remote control holder to put on your end table... sub 10 bucks, saw some at office max the other day that would have worked just fine... if your a total cheap ass just use a cardboard box.

That's a thought but then what to do with the nunchuks? The cords on those keep bugging me getting all twisted stuffing them on the shelf with my games...

I was thinking finding a nice wooden box and filling it with foam then cutting out custom spots for everything to fit in but that would be $$$ and time consuming.
-G

So, I found a case...

It's actually a makeup case made by caboodle's It's called the Goddess. Teh gHey I know but it's actually pretty hot. It has 4 bins that auto extend when you open and each one is most likely perfect for holding a wiimote. and a big spot in the bottom to put in the nunchuks. I didn't buy it yet cause I want to find a black one and do some measurements first but it looks like this...

B000AU1CMK.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS384_.jpg

-G

a Caboodles make up kit? haha I never thought of that. May have to check it out. what is that pattern of inside? hearts and stuff? oh God that has to go... Too bad Plano Tackle Systems doesn't make one that fits. I think the Wii is pretty darn durable except for the sensor bar. I think they need to beef it up and make it wireless. Since its supposed to be taped to the TV how do you suppose you can remove it easily for transport?

Actually, I don't remember what the pattern was inside. It very well mighta been hearts and stuff. o_O It wasn't very memorable. That's all I remember.

You could try an art supply store for one that holds paint brushes possibly too or the tackle idea could work.

I scotch taped my sensor bar to the TV and it comes off relatively easily. I wouldn't want to do it whole lot, but I could and then just replace the tape.
-G

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I'm looking for an answer to this, too. Currently, the remotes are all over the sofa, and when transported, they go into a beat-up Target plastic baggy where they subsequently get into a flashy blue lighty battery-draining orgy. We're looking into those carrying cases that are currently available, and I hear there's gonna be a G-pak for the Wii too.

Here's an IGN review of some organizer kit thingy:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/746/746895p1.html[/QUOTE]

I bought a Zelda themed accesory bundle at TRU. The kit inlcuded 2 zelda themed gloves, one green cd holder with a triforce logo, 2 cheapo wrist straps. It also came with the white wii stand shown in the IGN review that JUDYx3 linked, but instead of that "blue plastic bit" the one I bought comes with green and black plastic bits with the triforce logo and the Hyrulean (at leas that's what I think it is) logo, respectively. Completing the package is a 512 sd card is inlcuded but looks to be of the most generic kind with an equally generic sd case. All this for a whopping 39.99 dollars.

the stand is actually pretty simple and useful. Although, I did not choose to display my wii on the stand because it does not have a hole at the bottom for the wii's fan. Instead, I use that slot to hod two GC memory cards and two wavebird receivers. Unfortunately, since the wii stand is not being occupied the games that are stored on the unit tend to tip to the side a bit. I might forego using the game case slot because of this, and instead use it as a place to put a nunchuk or the VC. The remotes look very cool standing up in a neat little row.

All in all, I am satisfied with my purchase.

[img src="http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/enlarged/ben/EC.BEN.06973680.JPG"​

I have this, it's actuall really nice. The downfall is that I have 4 nunchuks and the tray can really only hold 2, so there's kind of a bit of wires everywhere lol. It works really well for the Remotes, system, and games :)

[quote name='simplygriff']So, I found a case...

It's actually a makeup case made by caboodle's It's called the Goddess. Teh gHey I know but it's actually pretty hot. It has 4 bins that auto extend when you open and each one is most likely perfect for holding a wiimote. and a big spot in the bottom to put in the nunchuks. I didn't buy it yet cause I want to find a black one and do some measurements first but it looks like this...

B000AU1CMK.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS384_.jpg

-G[/quote]

Haha, I have a modified Caboodle makeup case that I use to store 7" vinyl records.

Right now I'm using the GB Micro pouch to my WiiMote in to prevent scratches.
It doesn't quite fit over it, maybe a half centimeter too long, but it's good enough.

And they're only a dollar at the Nintendo online store:
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...214&lastAction=ProductDisplay&orderTotal=null

NC59237.jpg

this thing isn't covered or anything but it looks like a handy organizer for both remotes & nunchucks. I don't really want another Wii console stand, I wish they just made the stand for the accessories alone.

Cradle Stand

this thing isn't covered or anything but it looks like a handy organizer for both remotes & nunchucks. I don't really want another Wii console stand, I wish they just made the stand for the accessories alone.

Cradle Stand

It actually isn't available right now but it should be soon.

Is nintendo selling the controller stand seperate, don't want the glove or 512 mb card, just need the darn stand because I live in a college dorm where space is limited.

bread's done
Back