Looking for the best priced phones with internet.

billg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I know absolutely nothing about cell phones, especially ones that have bluetooth and internet and all that other stuff. Who knows some good deals, and what phones can you recommend? Girlfriend is interested in getting one, but I will fail at picking the right one if I buy blind.

old_school_cellphone.jpg

What network are you on? AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/Nextel/T-Mobile ... the list goes on. But that will narrow it down a bunch. Or are you looking for recommendations there too?

You are looking for a deal on a phone that can access the internet. These days most phones have some kind of browser on them so it kinda boils down to what you are (she is) going to use it for.

We can make some recommendations here but you might also check out www.howardforums.com

Be sure and compare the service package cost for data. Take AT&T for exmple: A PDA phone (black-jack II or tilt) at half the cost of an iPhone might seem like a bargains until you realize the data plan is twice as much and spend the difference in a year.

[quote name='Atken']What network are you on? AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/Nextel/T-Mobile ... the list goes on. But that will narrow it down a bunch. Or are you looking for recommendations there too?[/quote]

Looking for recommendations there, too. Basically, we're starting from scratch. Don't need a lot of minutes either. Just a halfway decent plan that has web features and is not $100/month. Preferably something with a year or month-to-month contract, if they even do those.

1250 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text messages, unlimited nights and weekends starting at 7pm, only [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$49.99 per month[/FONT]. You can't add a line (only one line per contract). Perfect for the individual.

Just make sure to grab a smart phone (highly reccomend Palm Treo 700wx or better).

[quote name='djkunai']Sign up for Sprint SERO (search FW for "sero").

1250 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text messages, unlimited nights and weekends starting at 7pm, only [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$49.99 per month[/FONT]. You can't add a line (only one line per contract). Perfect for the individual.

Just make sure to grab a smart phone (highly reccomend Palm Treo 700wx or better).[/QUOTE]

Sweet Christ on a crutch, that looks outstanding. I'm gonna delve more deeply into this and see if there's any awful fine print. They have any kind of referral bonus if I sign her up, so Sprint can send you some love?

bread's done
Back