Looking for the name of a candy

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Its a fruit flavored candy where the candy was shaped like fruit. I believe it came in a long yellow or orange box and can see it in my mind but the name escapes me. they were hard candies btw and any help is greatly appreciated.

You two are high. The bananas are the best. It's why when you go to a candy store, they have a section of runts with JUST BANANAS!

I think the only ones I don't like are the limes. Blech.

runts were great. bananas were the best too.

3321188211_91152f1fc5.jpg

[quote name='hufferstl']runts[/QUOTE]

hell yeah thats it ! every damn google search did came back with nitwitz but i knew that wasnt right.

Ya know, I was just saying to my wife a few weeks ago that Runts seemed to disappear all of a sudden. I used to see the boxes all the time at Wal-Mart, and they'd be in Halloween candy bags, and in the little candy machines at the front of the store. But lately, I hadn't seen them anywhere.

I knew they were made by Wonka so I was positive the company didn't go out of business. I started wondering if there was some kind of Runts lawsuit I was unaware of. So, I Googled it, and everything appeared normal and even saw that they were for sale on Amazon. Then, like two days later, I was in CVS, and lo and behold, they had regular boxes of Runts for sale. Needless to say, I grabbed one, haha.

Oh, and to cast my vote, BANANAS RULE!!!

Bananas are the best. Grapes are a close second. Strawberry anew banana together are also excellent.

I'm just glad Meijer still sells those big-ass boxes of Gobstoppers and Runts. They have fucking Sour Patch Kids too! Now I can fully enjoy watching movies at home and not miss the theater at all.

Actually, I take that back. Movie Theater Butter microwave popcorn fucking sucks, no matter who makes it. I'm wondering if there's just a bottle of shit you can pour on plain popcorn that tastes like real theater butter. I'm tempted to just buy a real popcorn machine off ebay.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'm just glad Meijer still sells those big-ass boxes of Gobstoppers and Runts. They have fucking Sour Patch Kids too![/QUOTE]

They're also 10-for-$10 right now. I would presume that's chain-wide. So, you know. Get on that.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'm just glad Meijer still sells those big-ass boxes of Gobstoppers and Runts. They have fucking Sour Patch Kids too! Now I can fully enjoy watching movies at home and not miss the theater at all.

Actually, I take that back. Movie Theater Butter microwave popcorn fucking sucks, no matter who makes it. I'm wondering if there's just a bottle of shit you can pour on plain popcorn that tastes like real theater butter. I'm tempted to just buy a real popcorn machine off ebay.[/QUOTE]

its better and alot cheaper to make it at home. and im sure you can find that flavor and others to use. theres a place at a local mall that sells all kinds of flavors of popcorn even salt and vinegar. damn good shit.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'm just glad Meijer still sells those big-ass boxes of Gobstoppers and Runts. They have fucking Sour Patch Kids too! Now I can fully enjoy watching movies at home and not miss the theater at all.

Actually, I take that back. Movie Theater Butter microwave popcorn fucking sucks, no matter who makes it. I'm wondering if there's just a bottle of shit you can pour on plain popcorn that tastes like real theater butter. I'm tempted to just buy a real popcorn machine off ebay.[/QUOTE]

Gobstoppers and Jolly Ranchers, them's the shizznits!

The cafeteria at work has a kettle popper, so I can get decent popcorn every day. :booty: Only thing is they have the butter/salt instead of real butter which is probably a good thing. I'm sure I would have had a heart attack by now with nothing but pure butter running through my veins and also I would have a thick layer of buttergrease on my keyboard.

I'm actually not much of a Jolly Ranchers fan anymore. I buy a bag and it's 90% apple. Same with Laffy Taffy...fucking apple.

I couldn't agree more. I love me some sugary candy, but banana Runts tasted one million percent identical to the nasty-ass fluoride paste my childhood dentist used to use when he would grind into my teeth with that polishing tool during cleanings. I mean completely indistinguishable. Gross.

Banana Runts all the way! I left the limes and orange for last and unfortunately ate them. I believe strawberry was my second favorite. I used to get 5 lb bags at Sams and I wonder why I have had so many cavities through the years.

Anyone saying that Banana Runts are nasty needs to leave this site immediately.

[quote name='eaglestrikeforce']You people are nuts. That banana stuff is nasty. You probably like Banana Slurpees too; talk about blasphemy.[/QUOTE]

slurpees are cool but icees are way better especially the moonshine flavor.

Banana-flavored candy is gross. Off the top of my head, the only thing worse than banana Runts/taffy is the black jelly bean. :puke:

Boston Baked Beans are awesome. For all you banana lovers, send your non banana runts to me and I shall send you my banana runts.

Also, I still love whistle pops. What was the name of the candy that was shaped like a life saver but it made a whistling sound?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ya know, I was just saying to my wife a few weeks ago that Runts seemed to disappear all of a sudden. I used to see the boxes all the time at Wal-Mart, and they'd be in Halloween candy bags, and in the little candy machines at the front of the store. But lately, I hadn't seen them anywhere. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's strange how many candy products stores don't carry.

There's a version of Hot Tamales that I've been looking for for a few months, but no store in the area seems to carry them. Back when I first started eating them, they were called Super Hot Hot Tamales, now called Hot Tamales Fire. Apparently they still sell them, as Amazon & the Hot Tamales website still has them listed. Weird that I can't find them in any store in my area.

But as for Runts, Banana is the best flavor for that candy. I've never even seen pineapple, watermelon, mango, lemon or raspberry flavored runts.

"It is so weird that people have different taste buds. IT BLOWS MY fuckING MIND! I love RANDOM FOOD ITEM, when other people do not love RANDOM FOOD ITEM. I don't understand! Tatse buds are so confusing!"

[quote name='smiley241275']Runts were good, but what about "Chewy Runts?!?" :drool:[/QUOTE]

I'll see your chewy runts, and raise you chewy spree & chewy mini sweet tarts. :cool:

We've got an air popper we bust out once in awhile for better popcorn, then we just melt butter in the micowave and pour it on. I think it's better than theatre popcorn, but it's hard to avoid destroying the popcorn in the process (too much melted butter makes it shrivel up.)

The store I work at has a retro candy section. We sell damn near every candy that's been mentioned here (the only one I think we don't have is Nitwits.) I don't like banana myself- watermelon is a personal favorite. ;)

[quote name='Mixer236']I'll see your chewy runts, and raise you chewy spree & chewy mini sweet tarts. :cool:[/QUOTE] I will concur and double up my :drool::drool:

bread's done
Back