Looking for TV stand recommendations

MuzykMann

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Allo all

My 6 year old costco TV stand has wobbled for a long time, but it's finally getting to a point where I'm no longer comfortable with my 42" plasma on top.

Does anyone know where to find a decent TV stand? Most I see are either bulky and rustic looking, have no room for components (need room for DVD, receiver, Wii, 360, and cable box), or are HELLA expensive.

Let me know what works for you. Thanks everyone.

-Muzyk

I like stores such as National Wholesale Liquidators for stuff like this. They sell older models of quality stuff as discount prices. I picked up my television stand there for very cheap, and it has plenty of room for all my consoles and other devices. Now, NWL is mostly in the Northeast, but there are chains like them all over the country.

Well Circuit City as well as Best Buy carry your basic stands.

Then you could go to Target or other such store. Target has repackaged "sauder" furniture, although I think its exlusive to them.

Lastly any of the typical "furniture discount stores" will at least have available a Sauder line. So you could go direct to www.sauder.com and look for a local retailer newar you.

Lastly you have your region and area specific furniture stores. Around here we have Crickets, Lazy Boy, Art Van (mostly crap), Ikea, Peerless, etc.

Of course if you want to go super cheap you could hit up Craigslist and search around.

Good luck.

Thanks guys, the advice is greatly appreciated. I'm looking through the suggestions one by one. If I find something amazing, I'll be sure to post it back on here for future users.

If anyone else has any other ideas, please feel free to keep em coming :)

-Muzyk

[quote name='bmachine']Couldn't agree more. Ikea's freakin' awesome.[/quote]

By far the best place to buy stuff for the home. And its so unique. And so frigin cheap.

I also recommend either Big Lots or Ikea as well. Picked up a stand for my 46" LCD with 9 slots compartment for my systems at Ikea a few months back for $60.

bread's done
Back