Looking for VHS horror movies.

I'm starting back up my VHS collection, ordered 38 horror VHS movies online today, rounded out to be 2 bucks each, looking for more, anyone know some nice places to look besides eBay,  Amazon, and Half? Looking for good condition tapes with original box art!

Thrift Stores.  Always see a ton of cheap VHS there.  Good movies too (all genres).  Dont know about quality though

Just curious...did you run out of things to waste your money on?  VHS is the worst ever since DVD arrived.

I mean, yeah I have amassed a massive video game, DVD, Blu Ray,  and CD collection, but still... I love the vintage nature of the VHS. Doesn't make me a hipster, doe.

I'm sure there are plenty of horror movies that got shitty VHS-to-DVD transfers, if that's what floats your boat. I mean, this isn't like vinyl to CD, where the former has a richer sound. I guess I just don't understand.

Your best bet will be to try and find a mom and pop video store that is still open.

I'm assuming you are looking for the niche movies that never came out on DVD - Big Box ones by Wizard, Continental and the rest.

I got a huge huge lot like 1.5 years ago from a store closing for $3 each. That sounds like alot but when many of the tapes were worth over $100 it was actually awesome.

I've checked fleas and thrifts but all you ever see are the same copies of Braveheart or Titanic that every single person ever bought.

Edit:

If you are just looking for normal horror movies like Freddie, Jason, and the rest than the thrifts would be just fine. Tons and tons of people had the normal ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigslist can be a gold mine also.  I just gave away about 100 vhs movies me and my wife had converted to dvd.  Nothing crazy but some rare ones that I actually paid money for so I could convert to dvd, like speedzone and a lot of anime.  It actually took a few days to give them away on craigslist.

bread's done
Back