Looking for Wii parts

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
My mother got a Wii that can't take in the discs. The disc drive's rollers are broken so we're looking for a replacement drive. Does anyone know a site that offers this?

[quote name='zenintrude']call nintendo... unless there's *some* reason that they would not fix it.[/QUOTE]
it was bought off ebay it has obvious damage to it.

I would still try your luck with them. Even if they charge you for a repair it's probably going to be cheaper and/or less hassle than trying to tyrack down replacemnt parts for a system that can't even be found in stores yet

considering that every wii in the market right now is still covered under warranty unless it was tampered with i would have been very hesitant to buy a "broken" one off of ebay. especially considering the owner could have had it replaced easily unless there was a significant reason why they should not...

Buy one at Target and switch them. My buddy f'ed up the soldering points on his, so he just bought another one and returned the un-modable with the new receipt.

[quote name='TimPV3']Buy one at Target and switch them. My buddy f'ed up the soldering points on his, so he just bought another one and returned the un-modable with the new receipt.[/QUOTE]
rofl, best way out of the mess.

[quote name='daminion']considering that every wii in the market right now is still covered under warranty unless it was tampered with i would have been very hesitant to buy a "broken" one off of ebay. especially considering the owner could have had it replaced easily unless there was a significant reason why they should not...[/quote]
it's a liquidation place. they get alot of damaged goods and turn around a sell them. They only said the controller was broken so we figured it would be an easy fix. But there was noticable damage to the system not shown in the picture. We were going to see if we could get our money back, but my mom is handy with repairs so I was going to see if I could find a drive for her. I might advise her to call nintendo and see if they'll repair it. Though I doubt it since it was most likely cracked in some shipment.

The Wii uses a custom drive, you wont be able to purchase a replacement. You can try calling Nintendo, or take the other route and do a buy-swap (at your own risk).

bread's done
Back