looking to buy a new ps2 game this holiday weekend, ideas?

KwanzaaTimmy

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to pick up a good game this weekend, something out of the ordinary and something that'll be very fun to just pick up and play. I've just beaten SO:Till the End of Time, and while it was a great game-- it got very tedious at the end.

So I'm looking for a couple good cheap fun games, anyone have an idea?

Depends on what you like to play but I go with:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Great TPS)
God of War (Great but short)

Well, maybe Marvel vs Capcom 2 isn't quite cheap, but its a must own! Also, the first Sly Cooper is great. For pure fun, I would also reccomend NBA Street Volume 2 and, dare I say it, State of Emergency...

Tough to say without knowing what types of games you like/dislike, but I would echo two that have already been mentioned, Katamari Damacy and Burnout 3: Takedown as two you can't go wrong with. Each one can be had for $20.

Others I would suggest if you can find them: Alien Hominid, Ico, Downhill Domination.

Alright gentlemen, here's what I came away with after day 1 of the memorial day haul:

Katamari Damacy:$15 at Gamestop
Ico: 3.99 EB Discount Bin
XII: 1.99 Gamestop (Is this any good? The graphics looked neat on the back of the box, and of course the Cell-Shade looks awesome too, for 2 bucks I figured it'd be worth it).

So here's the deal, I was planning on spending 50 or so bucks. Seeing as how I spent 20, I still have 30 to work with. Anyone else have any ideas? I really like basically any game minus sports titles, however my favorites are RPGS, FPS, and Action Adventure.

Devil May Cry can be found pretty cheap now. Same goes for Prince of Perisa Sands of Time. And I have no idea why people hate it, but Star Wars Episode III ROTS is awesome, though kinda short.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Alright gentlemen, here's what I came away with after day 1 of the memorial day haul:

XII: 1.99 Gamestop (Is this any good? The graphics looked neat on the back of the box, and of course the Cell-Shade looks awesome too, for 2 bucks I figured it'd be worth it).

So here's the deal, I was planning on spending 50 or so bucks. Seeing as how I spent 20, I still have 30 to work with. Anyone else have any ideas? I really like basically any game minus sports titles, however my favorites are RPGS, FPS, and Action Adventure.[/QUOTE]

XIII is really good. It got bad reviews, but I have it for Xbox and love it. My reccomendations are God of War, Oni (if you can find it, not too hard, I bet), and Armored Core: Another Age. People dislike Armored Core, but I love it, you should give it a shot. :D

All under $10 at EB:
Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
Max Payne
007: Agent Under Fire
Dead to Rights
Grand Theft Auto III
The Getaway
The Mark of Kri
James Bond 007: NightFire
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Beyond Good and Evil
Hitman: Contracts
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

Arc the Lad for PS2 is pretty cheap at TRU. You can probably get the entire Onimusha series for $30, Front Mission 4 is cheap...there are so many options.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Alright gentlemen, here's what I came away with after day 1 of the memorial day haul:

So here's the deal, I was planning on spending 50 or so bucks. Seeing as how I spent 20, I still have 30 to work with. Anyone else have any ideas? I really like basically any game minus sports titles, however my favorites are RPGS, FPS, and Action Adventure.[/QUOTE]

Nice choices up there -- Katamari Damacy is great, don't listen to other people. I play it all the time, it's nice to be able to pick up and just play for a few minutes (although it's quite addictive :D ).

Anyway, for $30...perhaps any of the Ratchet and Clank games (they're platformers), although I don't know if UYA has dropped to $30 yet. Also, Onimusha 3 is really fun, and I think it's only $15 now at most places. For a good RPG, if you haven't played Shadow Hearts: Covenant yet, then I would recommend that. I believe it's dropped to $30 everywhere now.

[quote name='strebor']
Anyway, for $30...perhaps any of the Ratchet and Clank games (they're platformers), although I don't know if UYA has dropped to $30 yet. Also, Onimusha 3 is really fun, and I think it's only $15 now at most places. For a good RPG, if you haven't played Shadow Hearts: Covenant yet, then I would recommend that. I believe it's dropped to $30 everywhere now.[/QUOTE]

You can get UYA for 17.99 if you pricematch EB's ad to Circuit City.

I'm playing it right now, it's a MUCH better game than the original R&C.

bread's done
Back