Looking to buy HDTV for gaming (26'' or 32'', 120Hz)

strdr4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
So far I only have one in mind,
LG 32LD520 32-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV

$587
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039RV0JQ

It has to have 120 Hz. I'm fine with a 26'' screen, but did not find one. I probably did not look hard enough, but if you find a decent one, please show it to me. $587 is a bit expensive, but then again I have no idea if this is a good deal or not. This will be my first HDTV so I want to make sure I get a quality one. If you know of any deals or lower prices, Please tell me. I'm more comfortable with a reliable brand like LG, Samsung, etc.

120hz means less motion blur, but lookout for response time and check out digitalversus before buying a a tv/monitor for gaming. I suggest getting a monitor with a tv tuner. Unless you dont care about response time and you play mainly sports games.

I like the LG 32LE5300. It meets all your specs and has LED backlighting. No bells and whistles like internet applications, but is a good little TV.

Yes, I like it too, but people have been reporting a problem with the viewing angle. It seems that some of them are packaged without the superior panel (IPS), which distorts the image if you are not sitting directly in front of the TV. That's my concern. And there doesn't seem to be a way to gurantee you to have the IPS panel.

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']As far as 2010 LCDs go the LD450 is your best bet. The 120hz LG displays have about 2 frames of input lag.
FAQ below...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19723268#post19723268

Use the search feature in this thread if you're curious to know how other LCDs performed...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1131464[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's it. Uber post. Thanks a lot! Good tv , great for gaming. I just gotta buy it in store to get the IPS panel instead of trying to risk it by ordering online. Now I just gotta hunt for a good deal.

[quote name='shanezey']I like the LG 32LE5300. It meets all your specs and has LED backlighting. No bells and whistles like internet applications, but is a good little TV.[/QUOTE]

I have the 32LE5300. If you want apps that is on the 5400 model. It is super thin and light. I use it all the time to play PS3 games and sometimes as a second monitor for my PC.

It is an amazing TV and I got it cheaper from Amazon than OP's listed price on a LCD model. I got it in September for $550. It was shipped to me via FedEx and the box arrived a little damaged. I felt weird ordering a TV online, but not having to pay taxes or shipping were definite pluses.

My friends and parents are jealous how good the picture looks on it.

EDIT: Just checked my product number on the back of the panel and I lucked out and do have a S-IPS panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi friend! Look At This!!!
Information and Prices!

LG LD520 notes.yellowstein.com/2011/02/lg-ld450-32-42-47-55-inch-best-prices.html

LG LD450 notes.yellowstein.com/2011/02/lg-ld450-32-37-42-47-inch-best-prices.html

bread's done
Back