Looks like another failed attempt at a video game movie

O how I would kill... or tranquilize... for a Metal Gear Solid movie. Preferably one that doesn't suck. As for the Doom movie.*sigh* ](*,)

some super virus? not from hell? not marines but SWAT? not even on Mars?

They got rid of one Sci-Fi cliche (Mars) and replaced it with another (super-virus).

c'mon

Is this resident evil? I don't think so. I never really liked the Doom games but I appreciate what they've done to advance video game graphics. I hate to see Doom bastardized. That's just depressing.

Maybe I'll make a movie about how the $70 million could have been used to feed hungry, impoverished children in the United States.
Sheesh.

:(

One character is a technician called "Pinky" who has a cybernetic wheelchair thanks to a bad teleporting accident.

I'm still stuck on that.. sorry, this movie is being slammed into my avoid like the plague list.

[quote name='btw1217']O how I would kill... or tranquilize... for a Metal Gear Solid movie. Preferably one that doesn't suck. As for the Doom movie.*sigh* ](*,)[/quote]

Seems like you don't have to do either......I read somewhere that they're going to do one. I'l try to find the link later and post it.

[quote name='xzafixz']
One character is a technician called "Pinky" who has a cybernetic wheelchair thanks to a bad teleporting accident.

I'm still stuck on that.. sorry, this movie is being slammed into my avoid like the plague list.[/quote]

I'd be cool if "Pinky" looked like Brundlefly at the end of The Fly movie.......Now THAT was a bad teleporting accident.

[quote name='btw1217']O how I would kill... or tranquilize... for a Metal Gear Solid movie. Preferably one that doesn't suck. As for the Doom movie.*sigh* ](*,)[/quote]

You'll be glad to know (or scared depending how it turns out) that Hideo Kojima has now decided to release the film rights to make a MGS film. The only iffy part is that he thinks that for the movie to be good it would need to take place in almost a completely different storyline. Though as long as he's directly involved I'm not as worried about it.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/569/569149p1.html

The plotline is already incomprensible, so they're already halfway there!

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hmm, the fact that they are filming some parts in first person seems interesting, but yea, that does sound pretty bad.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, I'd love to see how the first person filming turns out.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hmm, the fact that they are filming some parts in first person seems interesting, but yea, that does sound pretty bad.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, I'd love to see how the first person filming turns out.[/quote]

Ever see the Blair Witch Project? :?

[quote name='xzafixz'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hmm, the fact that they are filming some parts in first person seems interesting, but yea, that does sound pretty bad.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, I'd love to see how the first person filming turns out.[/quote]

Ever see the Blair Witch Project? :?[/quote]

good point..i wwas thinking how it wud look and u just reminded me..well..blair witch was OKAY. :whistle2:\..it was a bunch of wusses not seeing nething.this time, ul be seeing stuff jump around attacking..and being shot at :p..maybe it wil be a tad better..but since they changed the whole thing..to "could have been interesting" to "generic horror/action"..i dno :whistle2:\...

Well, do you think John Woo's SPY HUNTER will be any good. I hope so. He must be on a game kick, because he's also directing METROID.

I thought the Metal Gear games were movies. JK, I love the games, but there is enough footage there for at least a movie or two.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='int80h']Where's the Leisure Suit Larry movie?[/quote]

Check the back room at your local video store.[/quote]

:rofl: Beat me to it!

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='btw1217']O how I would kill... or tranquilize... for a Metal Gear Solid movie. Preferably one that doesn't suck. As for the Doom movie.*sigh* ](*,)[/quote]

I thought the Metal Gear games were movies. JK, I love the games, but there is enough footage there for at least a movie or two.[/quote]
heh, that's true, the problem would be would they create a new story or just translate the game into live action.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='tornadomann']Call me Crazy, but i liked The Mario Brothers movie![/quote]

So did I... when I was 9. :p[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='tornadomann']Call me Crazy, but i liked The Mario Brothers movie![/quote]

Yeah, I liked it when I first saw it. I bought it at Best Buy a couple months back for $5.99 and it really didn't hold up well. It's good to have on with a few beers with a couple of friends to goof on. Other than that, the DVD is a coaster.

It's amazing when hollywood makes a movie based on something geeky like doom then change it so much that the original fans hate it.

Maybe it's more based on doom 3 then the original doom. But I really don't get the choices they made. It should be on mars & the monsters should be from hell.

I'm just waiting for them to say the movie will be pg-13. Then we will know for sure the movie will suck.

Hmmmmm WOW if that Columbine Massacre was blamed on the Doom video game, I will hate to see what happend after a Doom movie. Its pretty sad.

I was watching The Screen Savers one day and I believe the editor from aintitcool.com said Hideo Kojima and Ryuhei Kitamura were talking about making a Metal Gear Movie.

Why must they make such shitty movies based on games, see the problem is the directors never even play the game, like with the street fighter movie. Just think any of us could bust out a script for doom and direct it better than any of those no talent clowns.

[quote name='rockhero']I have no idea what they are thinking...[/quote]

I was waiting to hear your thoughts on this. :lol:

Ok, so they're making a DooM movie? Well, it could be good, provided they showcase all the awesome monsters from Hell.

... oh, they took those out. Well, at least it still takes place on Mars. That should make for some scariness.

... they took that out too?! What are they gonna remove next, the goddamn Space Marines?!

... No sir, I don't like it. :nottalking:

[quote name='2poor']what was that one badass movie where that kid got the nintendo power glove?[/quote]

"The Wizard," if I'm not mistaken.

And from what I've heard, it wasn't badass...just bad. :wink:

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hmmmmm WOW if that Columbine Massacre was blamed on the Doom video game, I will hate to see what happend after a Doom movie. Its pretty sad.[/quote]

You're giving the Doom movie too much credit. It'll be glad if people remember it, let alone actually become influenced by it.

The monsters have nothing to do with hell, the plot is not taking place on Mars and "space marines" are not well "space marines" as their outfits are more like SWAT team members.

oh, and by the way, the next Winnie the Pooh wont have eeyore, but it will have naked women.

Huh? What did you say? Yes, i am taking my drugs. OH! The legal ones. Whoops.

[quote name='Renzokuken']I was watching The Screen Savers one day and I believe the editor from aintitcool.com said Hideo Kojima and Ryuhei Kitamura were talking about making a Metal Gear Movie.[/quote]

:x Please, no Kitamura... I don't like his movies, and I hate what he did with Twin Snakes. Maybe his brand of ludicrously-over-the-top action has its place in a certain context -- like when you've got zombies from hell chasing you in a mystical forest -- but there's no way that stuff should be in Metal Gear Solid.

[quote name='tornadomann']Call me Crazy, but i liked The Mario Brothers movie![/quote]

yea, it definately had style, unlike most game to movie adaptation.

[quote name='jughead'][quote name='tornadomann']Call me Crazy, but i liked The Mario Brothers movie![/quote]

yea, it definately had style, unlike most game to movie adaptation.[/quote]

The only thing I liked was Bob Hoskins as Mario. Perfect casting for that role.

The Doom movie will suck. People wont make game movies directly based off the games so that people that haven't played theh games know whats going on. Well now even people that play the games wont see the movies.
And I thought the Spyhunter movie was cancelled seeing as it was originally supposed to come out at the beginning of 2004 I think. And the Rock is starring in that movie so I wont see it if it ever comes out.
If they make a Metal Gear movie they need to base it off the games or no one will bother to go see it. Then again if Kojima is directing it he could make the first good movie based off a game :D

[quote name='rapsodist'][quote name='Renzokuken']I was watching The Screen Savers one day and I believe the editor from aintitcool.com said Hideo Kojima and Ryuhei Kitamura were talking about making a Metal Gear Movie.[/quote]

:x Please, no Kitamura... I don't like his movies, and I hate what he did with Twin Snakes. Maybe his brand of ludicrously-over-the-top action has its place in a certain context -- like when you've got zombies from hell chasing you in a mystical forest -- but there's no way that stuff should be in Metal Gear Solid.[/quote]

Yea. I agree. They made snake way too over the top. I did like the scenes with ninja though. The outrageous moves kinda fit his character, but everyone else should've been more normal.

I really don't think a metal gear movie would turn out to great. I would like to see it in CG rather than live action. If it were to be based off of one of the games, it would have to be MGS1. That one can stand alone as its own without confusing people. The other 2 require you to play the previous games first.

[quote name='whoknows']
If they make a Metal Gear movie they need to base it off the games or no one will bother to go see it. Then again if Kojima is directing it he could make the first good movie based off a game :D[/quote]

Am I the only one who thought Mortal Kombat was pretty good?

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='whoknows']
If they make a Metal Gear movie they need to base it off the games or no one will bother to go see it. Then again if Kojima is directing it he could make the first good movie based off a game :D[/quote]

Am I the only one who thought Mortal Kombat was pretty good?[/quote]

i just bought MK1 and MK2 on dvd

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='dpatel'][quote name='whoknows']

Am I the only one who thought Mortal Kombat was pretty good?[/quote]

i just bought MK1 and MK2 on dvd[/quote]

Its been a while since I've seen both of them, but I remember the second one being kinda stupid.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Why must they make such shitty movies based on games, see the problem is the directors never even play the game, like with the street fighter movie. Just think any of us could bust out a script for doom and direct it better than any of those no talent clowns.[/quote]

Thats not really the major problem though because, if I remember correctly, the director of the Final Fantasy movie was an actual FF game director. Also, Mortal Kombat 1 was freaking great (especially for a videogame movie). The 2nd felt like the creators asked themselves, "lets get everything that was great about the first movie, shove it up our asses, and just throw a bunch of fight scenes together with a cool hip urban Jax providing comic relief".

[quote name='whoknows']The Doom movie will suck. People wont make game movies directly based off the games so that people that haven't played theh games know whats going on. Well now even people that play the games wont see the movies.
And I thought the Spyhunter movie was cancelled seeing as it was originally supposed to come out at the beginning of 2004 I think. And the Rock is starring in that movie so I wont see it if it ever comes out.

Are you kidding? What type of movie audience can make sense of Kojima's storylines and plots?

bread's done
Back