Looks Like Family Guy Will Stay

dudecool320

CAGiversary!
The animated series, returning to FOX more than three years after the network last aired an original episode, gathered some of the best ratings in its history Sunday (May 1). About 11.85 million people watched the fourth-season premiere, according to fast national ratings from Nielsen, and a huge number of them fell in the young-adult demographics FOX loves. (Final ratings will be out Tuesday.) Sweet, freakin sweet. If the ratings don't change, we will see Season 5.:booty:

I wonder if Fox will then cancel after season 5 to garner even higher DVD sales. This show does rock though!

THat wasnt the greatest episode, but the start was very funny. Lists off 50 shows that Fox was starting and they all sucked and got canceled! HELARIOUS!

Yes, it wasn't the best one, but it had a lot to live up to. I still found it really funny and enjoyable with some scenes still etched (and will be until sunday) in my mind.

[quote name='nneace']I wonder if Fox will then cancel after season 5 to garner even higher DVD sales. This show does rock though![/QUOTE]

I was just commenting to a friend last week that Fox should show 2 new episodes, then cancel it again and release the episodes 1 at time on DVD at a cost of $30 per episode. That would be the best Christmas present ever for me.

As long as they don't pull another "When you wish upon a Weinstein," and keep up ratings even a quarter as good as that, the show will stay around.

[quote name='stocker08']THat wasnt the greatest episode, but the start was very funny. Lists off 50 shows that Fox was starting and they all sucked and got canceled! HELARIOUS![/QUOTE]
Greg the Bunny was a great show, the rest sucked balls. Also looks like Life on a Stick and Stacked will be heading that way too.:booty:

[quote name='dudecool320']Greg the Bunny was a great show, the rest sucked balls. Also looks like L:booty: ife on a Stick and Stacked will be heading that way too.[/QUOTE]

What about Andy Richter Controls The Universe?

[quote name='tyecko']What about Andy Richter Controls The Universe?[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, that show was funny too. Plus it made it to 2 seasons.:booty:

[quote name='Kaijufan']Family Guy can get 12 million viewers but Arrested Development can only get 6 million? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Stupid people can appreciate stupid humor, but cannot appreciate smart humor.

Smart people can appreciate both.

Family Guy caters to both, Arrested Development is more smart.

Well, ok, AD isn't really the smartest of smart humor, but you know it's higher than Family Guy.

[quote name='jimbodan']Wonderfalls and Firefly most definately did not suck.[/QUOTE]

Dark Angel is another show that they had that didn't suck yet got cancelled early. Same for Futurama. Fox has such a long list of shows that were good that got cancelled that it isn't even funny, though Family Guy sort of managed to make it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Family Guy can get 12 million viewers but Arrested Development can only get 6 million? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Was Arrested Development on right after the Simpsons? Even in it's shitty new form it still has a following.

Get Real was a fantastic show. Does anyone else remember that one? I watched it religiously. It premiered in fall '99 and featured Anne Hathaway and Taryn Manning before they were big stars.

[quote name='jimbodan']Wonderfalls and Firefly most definately did not suck.[/QUOTE]

Wonderfalls sucked! It sucked more ass than... three gay men on one guy!

[quote name='KingSpike']Stupid people can appreciate stupid humor, but cannot appreciate smart humor.

Smart people can appreciate both.[/QUOTE]

So true. Family Guy just appeals to the lowest common denominator and the general public eats it up. There was nothing creative about Sunday's episode except for the opening scene. It wasn't vulgar or shocking, just funny. Too bad the rest of the show wasn't...

[quote name='Drocket']Anyone know the numbers for American Dad? God that show stunk...[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as well. I turned it off in the middle of the show.

[quote name='Drocket']Anyone know the numbers for American Dad? God that show stunk...[/QUOTE]
According to Zap2it
ABC took over at 9 p.m. with "Desperate Housewives," the most-watched show of the night at 15.8/23. CBS fell one spot to second with the movie "Riding the Bus with My Sister," 9.3/14. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" scored a 7.3/11 for NBC. "Family Guy" returned with a fairly healthy 6.3/9 for FOX, although "American Dad," 5.3/8, didn't hold up quite as well. "Steve Harvey's Big Time" brought up the rear for The WB.
IIRC the first number is how many TVs had the show on based on the percentage of all TV's in America, while the second number is based on how many TVs were on at the time. I could be wrong about that though.

i think American dad will fail and fail big, Why? 2 hours of cartoons is just too much to watch in one sitting. and it just sucked.

first two simpsons went by fast and Family guy did as well, BUT american dad seemed to drag and drag and drag and wasnt even funny. THe american Dad back after the superbowl was 100X more funny then sundays. Hopefully they will pick up the pace or at least Break them apart cause AMerican dad cant hang with SImpsons or Family guy

American Dad sucked major...The only part that was funny was when the alien was like "I have to go, the boss is being a real 'See You Next Tuesday' " That was awesome.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Stupid person.[/QUOTE]

hey WILLIAM H. MACY hows it going
i just saw boogie nights it was pretty cool when you killed your wife, the guy that was porking her and then your self :mrgreen:

/end derail

yeah, it was a pretty good episode of family guy, but i agree with the people on page 1 andy richter controls the universe and greg the bunny were both pretty good shows

[quote name='dutch72']They need to get rid of that America Dad and bring back Futurama..that would be an ultimate lineup[/QUOTE]

this man speaks the truth

[quote name='slidecage']i think American dad will fail and fail big, Why? 2 hours of cartoons is just too much to watch in one sitting. and it just sucked.

first two simpsons went by fast and Family guy did as well, BUT american dad seemed to drag and drag and drag and wasnt even funny. THe american Dad back after the superbowl was 100X more funny then sundays. Hopefully they will pick up the pace or at least Break them apart cause AMerican dad cant hang with SImpsons or Family guy[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. They should split them up, but than again I do watch CN all the time and they have like 3 hours straight starting at 12 until 3.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Was Arrested Development on right after the Simpsons? Even in it's shitty new form it still has a following.[/QUOTE]
I'm confused. Arrested Development had a "shitty new form"? I must have missed that. Every episode I watched (in other words, all of them) were just as smart and funny as Season One. In other words, better than any other comedy on TV by a wide, wide margin.

I'm also confused by the "it still has a following" part. Have you seen it's ratings? Unless you were referring to the small diehard cultish fanbase, people like me who understand what a horrible thing it's going to be when they cancel it. That must be what you meant.

[quote name='Danimal']Unless you were referring to the small diehard cultish fanbase, people like me who understand what a horrible thing it's going to be when they cancel it.[/QUOTE]
You're not the only one.

Any-who....
Are there any petitions going around to keep it on the air?

[quote name='thehuskerfan']You're not the only one.

Any-who....
Are there any petitions going around to keep it on the air?[/QUOTE]
There must be. I know I signed one last year when it wasn't certain it would even get a second season. I don't remember the website address, but it would probably be easy enough to find with a google search if there is one out there. This year I just wrote a letter to FOX. Don't know if either way has any real impact, but for a show you love I guess it's worth a shot.

[quote name='Danimal']There must be. I know I signed one last year when it wasn't certain it would even get a second season. I don't remember the website address, but it would probably be easy enough to find with a google search if there is one out there. This year I just wrote a letter to FOX. Don't know if either way has any real impact, but for a show you love I guess it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
I'll take a look into that.
We can only cross our fingers that I don't have to, and Fox will give it another chance.

The only warning I would give the fans of the Family Guy is that premieres generally have a higher audience than normal. What will be important is for Family Guy not to drop off too much in the next few weeks. Its perfectly normal for a show to drop off slightly so as long as it doesn't drop too much the show will be fine.

[quote name='Kaijufan']According to Zap2it

IIRC the first number is how many TVs had the show on based on the percentage of all TV's in America, while the second number is based on how many TVs were on at the time. I could be wrong about that though.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty much correct, the first number is the rating which is the percentage of tv households in the US who watched the show. The second is the share which is the percentage of households who were watching tv at the time.

loved the opening too, but tidus wasnt that bad, plus they forgot to mention some pretty crappy shows like john doe and fuck wanda at large loud ass bitch im glad they shut her up!

[quote name='karmapolice']American Dad sucked major...The only part that was funny was when the alien was like "I have to go, the boss is being a real 'See You Next Tuesday' " That was awesome.[/QUOTE]
Yea it was pretty bad, though when he pulled out 24 DVD set it made me laugh.

[quote name='slidecage']i think American dad will fail and fail big, Why? 2 hours of cartoons is just too much to watch in one sitting. and it just sucked.

first two simpsons went by fast and Family guy did as well, BUT american dad seemed to drag and drag and drag and wasnt even funny. THe american Dad back after the superbowl was 100X more funny then sundays. Hopefully they will pick up the pace or at least Break them apart cause AMerican dad cant hang with SImpsons or Family guy[/QUOTE]
What they really need to do is CANCEL THE fuckING SIMPSONS that show stopped being funny about six years ago. Granted, I didn't see Sunday's American Dad but the superbowl one was hilarious, and I can't imagine The Simpsons being funnier than even the shittiest episode of Family Guy or American Dad.

[quote name='AtmaWeapon']What they really need to do is CANCEL THE fuckING SIMPSONS that show stopped being funny about six years ago. Granted, I didn't see Sunday's American Dad but the superbowl one was hilarious, and I can't imagine The Simpsons being funnier than even the shittiest episode of Family Guy or American Dad.[/QUOTE]

actually these were pretty good especially the ending conversations homer had with the guest characters.....let me have half......you know what just give me the whole thin you can eat one later.....

[quote name='thehuskerfan']You're not the only one.

Any-who....
Are there any petitions going around to keep it on the air?[/QUOTE]

www.getarrested.com

Fox made this site where people can pledge to watch religously and get their friends to tune in as well... I believe they are using it as a gauge to see if ia 3rd season would be worth their time.

Anyone who knows anything about Family Guy knows that Fox signed a 35 episode deal for Family guy. So it goes without saying that there would have been a 5th season anyways.

[quote name='danny90044']actually these were pretty good especially the ending conversations homer had with the guest characters.....let me have half......you know what just give me the whole thin you can eat one later.....[/QUOTE]

Ugh...those eps were horrible. And the ending between Raymond and Homer went on for way too long...that got old quickly...

[quote name='CouRageouS']Yea it was pretty bad, though when he pulled out 24 DVD set it made me laugh.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm the only one who enjoys this show. Sure it's no family guy but it has it's fair share of laughs... which makes it better than 90 percent of shows on network tv now a days.

[quote name='Rig']Ugh...those eps were horrible. And the ending between Raymond and Homer went on for way too long...that got old quickly...[/QUOTE]

meh

[quote name='David85']Anyone who knows anything about Family Guy knows that Fox signed a 35 episode deal for Family guy. So it goes without saying that there would have been a 5th season anyways.[/QUOTE]

Just because a ntetwork buys so many episodes doesn't mean that all the episodes will certainly air....Many shows start off with a 13 episode deal but if they perform poorly after the first few it's much cheaper for a network to just not air the rest than it to lose lots of advertising dollars through lost slots and make-goods.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Just because a ntetwork buys so many episodes doesn't mean that all the episodes will certainly air....Many shows start off with a 13 episode deal but if they perform poorly after the first few it's much cheaper for a network to just not air the rest than it to lose lots of advertising dollars through lost slots and make-goods.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Also, sometimes a network will just burn off the episodes in the summer when less people are watching tv and most networks are just airing reruns.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Just because a ntetwork buys so many episodes doesn't mean that all the episodes will certainly air....Many shows start off with a 13 episode deal but if they perform poorly after the first few it's much cheaper for a network to just not air the rest than it to lose lots of advertising dollars through lost slots and make-goods.[/QUOTE]

This will not happen with Family Guy. Fox does not care about ratings. Only about selling DVDs and merchandise. Expect Family Guy to be on the air for the next few years.

bread's done
Back