Looks like my parents will buy a Wii before me

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was watching CNN today and they were showing all the PS3 launch woes. They showed the Wii after that when my mom walked in. She asked what that was and I told her it was the Nintendo Wii. My mom thought the system looked great and would be fun to play. She asked when it was coming out and I said Sunday. She then told me she wanted to get one for herself. She thought it would be good physical activity as well.

I was amazed. My mom had never before in her life bought a game system nor had she ever shown any interest to play. She in fact discouraged me at times to not buy a console. I guess Nintendo knows what its doing.

Do any of your parents have any interest in the Wii?

Not so much my parents, but my wife has shown some interest and that has me pretty damn excited. I'm going out Saturday night around 7PM (to Walmart SC) to try to snag us one. Not entirely sure what games I'll get yet, but I'd like to get something we could play together that's not a war game. Perhaps something like SMB:BB or Rayman.

My parents are getting a Wii too, but they are both gamers. They actually have two gamecubes (one for each of them!) and a DS. My mom is obsessed with Zelda, so she has to get Twilight Princess right away.

My grandmother bought my old Ds and she is a PC gamer (many long nights playing adventure games with her!)

And my wife is looking forward to it also... but alas she is also a gamer somewhat..

Hmm. I did see a few 'older' looking people staring at the display today at EB and then silently walk out..

I was at Bestbuy with my mom to get Fullmetal alchemit movie special edition and I went to check out the game area to see if they had anything new only thing was a stand wiimote gloves I think, the countdown clock, and only new thing was a wii kiosk.

The kiosk was only showing videos of wii sports, zelda and some other things my mom thought it looked interesting and she only liked the old arcade games like pac-man, pinballs etc.

bread's done
Back