Loose disc in package

vertdogggg

CAGiversary!
I just received Demon's Souls today from Amazon. However, I was disheartened to discover that the disc is loose inside of the package... this is the third time this has happened to me. Prior to this it had been from Gamestop and I was able to exchange. I got the game for $10 using a credit from a previous purchase (that I won't be able to get back). Any ideas? Should I just open the package and see how the disc is? Will it be okay? Anyone else have experience in this realm? I hope this is the right place to ask this. If not, please kindly direct me. Long time listener, first time caller.

Blu-rays are pretty scratch resistant, but I'd also hate to have to deal with that. Its fucked, either way. I'd call Amazon and see if you can get it exchanged as well. Amazon's customer service is fantastic and, from my experience, always trying to please the customer. You might lose out on return shipping, but that should only be a few dollars.

See if they can change the package type too. If it came in a bubble mailer, see if they can ship it in a box. :)

It's true, the only things that will damage the disc is heat, unless you're so horrible at keeping things you can actually damage a blu ray.

It'll most likely be fine, I've had this happen to me numerous times, ranging from cds, dvds, games, and blurays. It's just something that happens occasionally.
If it is damaged, it was damaged in transit and thus amazon will replace it.

If you are concerned, just call/email them and they will exchange it. They will even cross ship now instead of waiting for the damaged one to be returned.

Just spoke with Amazon CS. They were very helpful in solving my problem. I will receive a replacement tomorrow (shipping overnight) and I will send the bad disc in via a free shipping label. Thank you CAGers for the advice!

I've received 4 or 5 PS3 games that arrived loose. In every case the discs looked perfectly mint & like new.

I am VERY picky when it comes to the condition of my game discs, and were there a single scratch I would have exchanged.

I imagine your game is perfectly mint inside there. I've made notice that the inside of package has rounded edges where it holds the disc. This with the fact the coating (of the disc) is very durable & scratch resistant lead me to believe I'll never see a scratched loose blu-ray.

DVDs on the other hand... Send those back for sure.

bread's done
Back