Lord of Shadow LE $29.99 @ Kmart

GalvatronType_R

CAGiversary!
Just bought this tonight for a steal along with Killzone 3 cashing in SYWR points. I'm fairly certain the 360 version is the same price but YMMV. Kmart is quickly becoming my favorite place to buy games.

EDIT: Yes, I mean Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and this is a B&M deal. Again, YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the last copy at mine, the display cases were so unorganized I was lucky to see it in a small crack tucked under bad ps3 titles. It was the same way when I went to pick up vanquish or the collectors edition epic mickey.

[quote name='sunghost']Never trust an employee's word of mouth or price tag of a game.. always get it scanned. This applies to all retailers. The only time you should go by the price on a tag is if its lower than what it scans for, then you have a decent chance of getting them to match the price tag lol.[/QUOTE]

You are right, I should have gotten him to check. Had it been anyone else I would have got it scanned but this was the employee that acts like it's killing him to do anything and if he could mess it up someway he would. If I had known it would for sure ring up for $29.99 I would have just told him to get it but the last time kmart was suppose to have games marked down I stopped by every other day making a fool of myself because they were ringing up full price. I actually went to another kmart store and picked up the games I wanted because they had theirs marked down. Now I see my closest kmart still has those very same games so It just have a poorly run electronics department that don't care about selling anything.

My favorite part of my local K-Mart's electronics section has ALWAYS been how they barricade it after 10 or 11. Don't remember if they're all laid out like this, but mine is square, with three full walls and a fourth wall that's about 3' high, with an opening and counter at one end. After 10 or 11 they move a couple of carts full of stuff, and block up the entrance. It always makes me want to vault the short wall whether I want to get in there or not.

Anyway, same deal at mine, they had to scan it. Sounds like your place could be to your advantage, though - since you're in the know, you can have them scan, without them tagging anything with sale prices to alert passers-by. The person who has the nerve to ask for stuff often gets lucky in these situations. And as long as you ask nicely, you don't usually get too much crap. Please and thank you go a long way.
Note - this is general advice, not directed at the last poster. And I know it sounds obvious and condescending, but I'm not surprised any more when I see customers being jerks to retail types when it isn't any harder to be polite.

Turned up one tonight at a kmart in salem, nh.

Great kid at the counter, game was priced right, smooth transaction.

I never go to the KMart closest to me, but decided to while at work the other day and didn't find any for 360 to my knowledge.

What DID piss me off though was that the games were all facing the case like Walmart or wherever...and behind the meager 25 or so titles they had were HUNDREDSSSS of 360 titles, BARELY legible to read the binding of the case. And you can't browse them without the case getting unlocked. Quite annoying...

I saw everything from sealed Tales of vesperias to the force unleashed 2 CE's. I wanted a damn LoS though!

Is there anyway to look up if K-Mart has a specific title in stock? It gets old driving about 20 minutes just to see if they have something in stock.

Yeah, you give an employee the UPC number and if they know their ass from a hole in the ground (and they usually don't) they can check stores within a 50 mile radius.

[quote name='thawhip']Hi alls, has anyone tried to order a copy online & then return/rebuy @ the store? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows Collector's Edition PS3:

The item cannot be Added To Cart as it is presently Out Of Stock for Delivery.

[quote name='shoe478']Yeah, you give an employee the UPC number and if they know their ass from a hole in the ground (and they usually don't) they can check stores within a 50 mile radius.[/QUOTE]

Can someone post the UPC number for this or tell me where to find it, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition PS3? I want to call my local store & see if they have any copies close by.

[quote name='he4vymetal']can someone post the upc number for this or tell me where to find it, castlevania: Lords of shadow limited edition ps3? I want to call my local store & see if they have any copies close by.[/quote]

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']Castlevania: Lord of Shadows Collector's Edition PS3:

The item cannot be Added To Cart as it is presently Out Of Stock for Delivery.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, I thought I saw the PS3 version in stock earlier. 8? Sorry about that. There's the 360 version present but did I read somewhere that only the PS3 LoS LE is on sale? I'm aiming for the PS3 version; going to check my K-mart.

[quote name='thawhip']Oh snap, I thought I saw the PS3 version in stock earlier. 8? Sorry about that. There's the 360 version present but did I read somewhere that only the PS3 LoS LE is on sale? I'm aiming for the PS3 version; going to check my K-mart.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the deal is only for the PS3 version Limited Edition.

The Kmart here in Fort Walton Beach only had the regular editions left.. and those were marked $29. They had one 360 special edition left.. figures.

[quote name='visceralentity']went to one in Fairborn, OH -- had the 60$ price[/QUOTE]

You are new so here are the steps.

1. Ask to buy game, say nothing about the price.

2. When it rings up $29.99, act surprised.

3. Pay and leave.

If it doesn't come up the right price, just say you left your wallet at home and never come back.

Took my shot at a kmart about 20 mins from where I work. Searched back and forth multiple times hoping that I had somehow skimmed it (needless to say I looked crazy and desperate). Just when I gave up all hope, I looked on top of the cage and saw a thick casing and shiny cover. Lo and behold it was a copy of the game. $29.99 came up fine. Thanks OP!

[quote name='TheKbob']I just tried and dude said it was $50 after being scanned.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that is not for the regular edition? That is the price at my Kmart for the regular edition.

Just got the last of these at my local store, $29.99 for PS3 version. However I used my rewards card and didn't get the 10x bonus points. Anyone else have that experience? I thought they gave those bonus points on all purchases. Just curious. I emailed customer service when I got home. Yes I want my extra $3. I put the CHEAP in cheapassgamer...

[quote name='crax']Just got the last of these at my local store, $29.99 for PS3 version. However I used my rewards card and didn't get the 10x bonus points. Anyone else have that experience? I thought they gave those bonus points on all purchases. Just curious. I emailed customer service when I got home. Yes I want my extra $3. I put the CHEAP in cheapassgamer...[/QUOTE]

Where did you read/hear about bonus points for this LE? The copy I bought gave 300 points (10x points per dollar) which is $0.30, not $3. Their in store quote "10 points for every dollar spent" which is just a penny off, whoopie

bread's done
Back