Lord of the Rings Online + Mines of Moria = $9.99 (first month free)

Wildcat1080

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/...ferID=1167556809&ThemeID=1244200&Currency=USD

Don't think there are many MMO addicts on CAG, but it's an amazing deal. I payed $40 back at launch and it was worth all $40. It's $9.99 for the digital download and the retail box, but if you get the box you pay like $8 shipping. Just do the download.

Just thought I'd drop this by CAG for the handful of MMO players like myself who check CAG. G'night!

That's a superb deal. Although I'm not an MMOer (games eat enough time as it is), a good friend of mine plays this game relentlessly and loves it. If you like the franchise and want to take the plunge, you could do worse.

We should also note that if you do 3 months or great right now...monthly price is only $9.99!!

I'm currently a lifetime subscription owner (paid $199.99 pre-Moria), but the $9.99 is a fantastic offer!

[quote name='bassec']We should also note that if you do 3 months or great right now...monthly price is only $9.99!!

I'm currently a lifetime subscription owner (paid $199.99 pre-Moria), but the $9.99 is a fantastic offer![/QUOTE]

Lifetime sub since day of release. Played since closed beta, love the game.

My Main is... a level 48 >_>

Good game. I bought it and played it for a while, but ultimately MMORPGs are not for me. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone searching for a WoW alternative.

Beta player here and absolutely love this game. The game is constantly expanding with polished good content and the community is one of the best.

If your looking for a friendly kinship look up either Nightrayne or yukariel on landrovel server as we are always looking for more friendly members.

[quote name='bassec']We should also note that if you do 3 months or great right now...monthly price is only $9.99!!

I'm currently a lifetime subscription owner (paid $199.99 pre-Moria), but the $9.99 is a fantastic offer![/QUOTE]

My friend is also a lifer. He used his economic stimulus check last year to pay for it -- said it was his way of being patriotic. :)

[quote name='J7.']BBY has this for $9.99 (Collectors Edition or regular).[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the CE of Moria today...Haven't opened it...Am actually thinking of returning it, I didn't care for LotRO when I tried it a year ago...

[quote name='georox']Lifetime sub since day of release. Played since closed beta, love the game.

My Main is... a level 48 >_>[/QUOTE]

LOL, I'm a lifetime subscriber myself, but haven't played in a long time due to family time. Sounds like I need to dust off this game again. :)

interesting, I just started up on WoW a month ago and really like it. I could maybe check this out and see what's good. Not bad for $10 and a free month.

I would try this out, but I still play WoW daily. I don't think I can handle two MMOs at the same time. I do love LotR though...

Agreed, can't be bothered to try this out with another popular mmo being played still *cough* wow *cough*
151l1259.jpg

I've been meaning to try out this game for so long. I love LotR and I've only heard good things. But like others have said, I'm worried about the time it would require. I don't have as much time to play online games anymore...and I'm waiting for The Old Republic. Still though, I might impulse buy it some other time.

it's been this price at gamestop and ebay for a long time now, nothing new. Thanks though.

[quote name='tcrash247']I would try this out, but I still play WoW daily. I don't think I can handle two MMOs at the same time. I do love LotR though...[/QUOTE]

this is better than wow. WOW has the nice fantasy look and large install base but LOTRO has better lore and storytelling. Get a group to play and you are set.

I picked this up from Newegg for something crazy like $6 shipped, gave it a whirl, but the gameplay of an MMO just wasn't different enough from my WoW time to hook me.

A steal at this price. I got it for 9.99 last month, from Turbine, and it was so worth the price in spades. Also got the CE collection of Shadows, and Moira from Gamestop for 9.99 each, and passed along the codes to friends, and they are hooked as well. I'm glad to see this price point again.

[quote name='forbiddenx']Anyone know when they usually have this deal? I keep missing out and I really really want to try this out.[/QUOTE]

I suspect another 9.99 deal around E3. They have a habit of running these deals during the gaming conventions that they attend. They will most likely be making some major announcements (with concerns of a new expansion) at E3.

Still hasnt been any fantasy based mmos that even gets near of matching the fun and quality of lotro, though im getting psyched for guild wars 2 with all the recent info that has been released.

[quote name='kosmos13x']I suspect another 9.99 deal around E3. They have a habit of running these deals during the gaming conventions that they attend. They will most likely be making some major announcements (with concerns of a new expansion) at E3.

Still hasnt been any fantasy based mmos that even gets near of matching the fun and quality of lotro, though im getting psyched for guild wars 2 with all the recent info that has been released.[/QUOTE]

If I buy the mines of moria on it's own, would that include the first game as well? I see amazon has it for $9.99 and same with EB.

Also, hows the player base? Is it big or will I just be running around with mostly NPCs?

The player base is bigger than most mmos out there (pretending wow doesnt exist of course). It also has probably the most mature (and friendly) community that I have seen by far of about 11 mmos ive played so far. There are total of 11 servers to choose from, but Landrovel (one I'm on), brandywine (by far the most overpacked server), and a couple of others are very high populated. There are some decent medium pop servers and a couple of low pop servers (which is nice to solo alt for some). Even for new players, I suggest joining a high pop server to get the best experience as everyone is usually helpful and willing to group up.

The mines of moria retail copies do include the original game also (along with 30 free days for new subs). If you are getting it from EB, see if they have any of the C.E. editions left as I believe they are 10 dollars also (retailed at 90 dollars...ull find out why heh). They also have a nice sub deal going on right now if you decide to play past your 30 days. 3 months for 30 dollars (basically buy 2 months get 1 free). I have been on that deal since beta and works out nicely (for me).

I plan on getting back ingame soon to rebuild my kin with a couple of old kinmates over the summer. If you happen to choose Landrovel and ever need help, my main char is NightRayne. Feel free to /t me whenever and/or add me to friends ingame.

[quote name='forbiddenx']Anyone know when they usually have this deal? I keep missing out and I really really want to try this out.[/QUOTE]

I hate to be that guy, but was it really necessary to bump a year old thread? I can't imagine how many people are going to see this thread, get extremely excited for a amazing deal, and then be let down because it's expired... and been that way for quite some time.

Just my $.02.

[quote name='forbiddenx']^Didn't realize it was a year old, anyways people have been posting that they got this last month.[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I saw that the first few posts were a year old and didn't check the dates on the rest of the thread, until the more recent ones.

Hopefully this deal will show up soon, because I'm sure a lot of people would like to try the game. I'm content with WoW for now and have little desire to move onto any other MMO (Including TOR).

it's been this price a while now, and is basically the MSRP now. Found multiple copies over a month ago at different Gamestops at this price for the collection.

bread's done
Back