Lord of the Rings: War in the North 11/1/11

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I'm sure they could have picked a better release day with Uncharted 3 releasing the same day then Modern Warfare 3 a week later, however has anyone had a chance to actually play this?

I work at Best Buy and while I was sorting through our latest truck drop off I discovered the special edition of this which IMO is one of the most creative special editions I've seen in awhile. It's disguised as a quiver, which includes two golden arrows that unroll to a felt cloth imprinted with the games map. Plus, to my surprise anyone who purchases the games gets a badass snow troll figure about 12" tall holding a very scared looking dwarf! Here's some photos and trailers. I'm hoping it gets good reviews because I wouldn't mind picking it up for the figurine alone.

Collectors Edition Unboxing

http://mmomfg.com/2011/10/29/lord-of-the-rings-war-in-the-north-collector-edition-1029/

Game Trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuzWUbOBXq0&feature=pyv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTxYh3X5bVg

My store got more snow trolls than we did copies of the game. >.< I've also been looking at this game from time to time wondering if it's worth it..but with the sheer number of games I have bought, and won, recently, I'll just never have time for it.

Damn. The collector's edition looks pretty awesome. I have been somewhat interested in this game for a while now. I have to agree that choosing to release the game in this time window will unfortunately hurt sales.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Has there been any reviews for this game? I can't seem to find any out there.[/QUOTE]

Embargo is up tomorrow, I think.

Looks good actually, love a good Lord of the Rings game.. however its just such bad timing. And with that game will probably drop in price so i'll get a little later down the line. But I hope it reviews and does well.

Yeah mediocre reviews so far. Still think I'm going to get it though, there's a $15 off coupon in this months issue of @Gamer magazine from BBY which after my employee discount makes the game $34.99. Sad that it didn't get amazing reviews but also happy it didn't turn out to be a big piece of shit like X-Men Legends.

[quote name='Survivalism']7 is not mediocre. 5 is mediocre. Somewhere along the line IGN forgot what numbers were.[/QUOTE]
Sadly, with as much influence IGN has, they really have lost touch with what review scores actually mean.

so it's worse than Too Human according to their ratings, I find that hard to believe. this game looks quite good, but regardless i'll wait for black friday im sure it'll get a reduction

i got 10 bucks+30$ from that kmart deal

i might get it, a co-op focused hack and slash looks rea lly fun. they even said in one youtube that it's not meant to be a single player game.

skyrim is going to be good but its not going to have multiplayer.
dark souls somewhat has it but it's more of an aid/pvp thing.

sounds interesting for what it is. :)

bread's done
Back