Los Angeles

[quote name='crazytalkx']Well if you never had it........

IN AND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

i tried Carls Jr. the other day and it was ok....it was also the first time ive had fast food in years.

[quote name='nickmad']i tried Carls Jr. the other day and it was ok....it was also the first time ive had fast food in years.[/QUOTE]

Carl's Jr. is seriously weak. I haven't had one of their burgers in about four years because everything is usually so sloppily put together.

Pinkys Hot Dog on Melrose (Chilidog wrapped in a burrito with bacon)
Norms (24 hours for the late workers like me)
Natalee Thai Food (Best Thai BBQ chicken and ribs)

I will have to think of more later

[quote name='basketkase543']Original Tommy's if you want THE BEST fuckING chili burgers/fries/dog ever. Period.

Whoa, my f-bomb didn't get censored. I feel so dirty.[/quote]QFT. Every time I go back to visit LA, I HAVE to go to Tommy's. In and out is also good. Can't forget about Norms too, best breakfast. Man, I miss LA...

[quote name='crazytalkx']Well if you never had it........

IN AND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Are there In and Out's in San Francisco? I'm going there in a week and want to try it.

[quote name='munch']Are there In and Out's in San Francisco? I'm going there in a week and want to try it.[/quote]

There is an in-n-out on 333 Jefferson St. :cool:

op, get some korean bbq in ktown or check out the (previously mentioned) pink's hot dogs.

[quote name='The Shiznit']King Taco or Tepeyac (big ass burritos) try the manny special - some good mexican food[/quote]

These burritos are so delicious i want to go and eat 1 or 2. Also if you are in the chino area try El Rey Tacos.

I want to try In-and-Out so bad. I've heard really good things about them. Next time I am on the West Coast I am going to make it happen.

We just got a Fatburger franchise here in C'peake and I got to tell ya, it sucks.

Try Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles if you want to eat an award winning, odd combination of food. I've never been there before, but a lot of my friends have and they only have good things to say about the food.

http://cityguide.aol.com/losangeles/bestcomfortfood/

Fried chicken and waffles? Yes. Fried chicken and waffles.

The unlikely combination originated in a Harlem restaurant, then came to LA when an employee of that restaurant moved west. The fried chicken is crispy and juicy, and the eggy waffles are springy and tasty (we always order them on the well-done side, as they can sometimes come a little undercooked). The onion-enhanced stewed collard greens will transport you to the American South. There are several branches of Roscoe's in greater LA, but this one has the best roll-up-your-sleeves-and-dig-in-without-shame vibe.

EDIT: if you visit orange county (disneyland perhaps?), don't forget to visit Alerto's Mexican food for a great carne asada burrito with guacamole! i've visited the location on beach boulevard in the city of stanton many times, and i always leave with a full stomach and a smile! :)

[quote name='BodyShot213']what part of la are you in?[/quote]

in the city, right off of Wilshire, about 2 minutes from Beverly Hills/Hollywood area

[quote name='nickmad']in the city, right off of Wilshire, about 2 minutes from Beverly Hills/Hollywood area[/QUOTE]

WTF, werent you in Philly? Why'd you move to LA? :/

[quote name='nickmad']i tried Carls Jr. the other day and it was ok....it was also the first time ive had fast food in years.[/quote]

man i remember when i was at riverside for college me and my roommate always had carl's jr because dorm food was just awful. the 99 cent burger they had was perfect for poor college students. just can't remember the name

[quote name='jPoD']WTF, werent you in Philly? Why'd you move to LA? :/[/quote]

haha yeah man, I used to be in Philly. Still love the east coast, but the job took me out here. Still getting used to it.

[quote name='nickmad']in the city, right off of Wilshire, about 2 minutes from Beverly Hills/Hollywood area[/quote]

Dude you live so close to ktown.. You should definately checkout one of those korean bbq places but you should take a korean with you if you want decent service. So many all you can eat BBQ places now in ktown.

El Pollo Loco on Wilshire is very tastey too. The LA El pollo locos are better than the other ones in southern cali for some reason.

Pinks hot dog - is okay at best

Beverly Hills-

If you go to Beverly Hills, Rodeo drive and santa Monica street, there is a really good pizza place there. I forget what it is called but Kobe bryant, Jay Leno, and Hulk Hogan always eat there. The prices are reasonable.

The chinese restuarant called the Mandrin on Camden is frequently visted by Barry Bonds. Its pretty good.

One of my favorite places - Ruth's chris steak house in BH as well.

[quote name='munch']Are there In and Out's in San Francisco? I'm going there in a week and want to try it.[/QUOTE]

Honestly in and out isn't that good, I like their fries but thats it. I would much rather have sonic, now thats some good shit.

[quote name='mr ryles']Honestly in and out isn't that good, I like their fries but thats it. I would much rather have sonic, now thats some good shit.[/quote]

Sonic is terrible? They are going to go bankrupt soon.

[quote name='mr ryles']Honestly in and out isn't that good, I like their fries but thats it. I would much rather have sonic, now thats some good shit.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm more into the novelty of it. Sonic's are all over the place in the Southeast. I've never seen an In and Out, so I would at least like to say I've tried it. It's like of like Chipotle's. There aren't any in South, that I know of. When i went to Las Vegas I had to go there. Yeah, I'm weird.

[quote name='munch']I think I'm more into the novelty of it. Sonic's are all over the place in the Southeast. I've never seen an In and Out, so I would at least like to say I've tried it. It's like of like Chipotle's. There aren't any in South, that I know of. When i went to Las Vegas I had to go there. Yeah, I'm weird.[/quote]

I never seen a In and Out empty. This guy is crazy he doesnt know what he's talking about. I dont eat alot of fast food but if i do i would go there.

Get a animal style cheese burger.

[quote name='munch']I think I'm more into the novelty of it. Sonic's are all over the place in the Southeast. I've never seen an In and Out, so I would at least like to say I've tried it. It's like of like Chipotle's. There aren't any in South, that I know of. When i went to Las Vegas I had to go there. Yeah, I'm weird.[/quote]They are building a Chipotle's about a mile for my house, and I'm in Florida. There is already one built about 5 miles away.

To stay on topic: El Pollo Loco is awesome. I always go there when I visit my uncle, since there is one right next to his house. All we have here is crappy Pollo Tropical.

[quote name='mr ryles']Anyone have A&W? One of my favs, but probably the most expensive fast food chain out there.[/QUOTE]

There used to be one in Huntsville, AL (I'm from madison which is right next door). I only ate there a couple of times. Pretty good from what I remember.

[quote name='munch']Are there In and Out's in San Francisco? I'm going there in a week and want to try it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are quite a few In N Outs in the bay area. But I dont get why people love it so much. I hate their fries, but the burgers are good if you eat them once in a while.

check out one of the greatest thread ever!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80769&highlight=food+thread

my thread dat was hella popular in the west forum

until sum buster ass mod got jealous and moved it to off topic,

thus pushing it like 30 pages back in the threads

EDIT: as to where to go, u shouldnt really go anywhere with these gas prices.

coz traffic is a beeyatch, or can be one at least, Ive been hella hermit these past weeks,

but there's lot of arcades, and club & bar too if ure into that,

I usually check here: www.lahiphopcalendar.com

[quote name='nickmad']thanks people. I'll have to try some of the korean bbq places. they are all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Galbi is quite possibly the greatest thing ever

Well i found, The Shack on Wilshire in Santa Monica.
It could be a dream come true, an Eagles bar in LA!
If anyone needs me during football season, you know where to look haha.

Their's an In N Out' in South SF/Daly City area. Right near a Krispy Kreme, but it sucks because that In N Out is always packed.

In N Out isn't that spectacular. It's like McDonalds with a smaller menu (excluding the hidden menu, assuming OP is a first time buyer) but better taste/quality or whatever.

I prefer Del Taco.

bread's done
Back