Lost complete collector's Edition Blu-Ray

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Hey anyone know if Black Friday's $125 price is the lowest seen? Also, do you think this year (2011)'s Black Friday this set will drop even lower or is $125 the lowest it will get? Let me know what you think. How much quantities do you think this set has to get to 50% Off?

I have it on good authority that it'll be $19.99 on Black Friday this year.

Don't tell anyone that I told you, though.

Cuz I have a friend who is selling the set for $125(BF price) but won't go lower. I wonder to jump on it or wait this BF do you all think there is a chance for $100 or lower?

[quote name='SuperJedi']Cuz I have a friend who is selling the set for $125(BF price) but won't go lower. I wonder to jump on it or wait this BF do you all think there is a chance for $100 or lower?[/QUOTE]
The chance to save $25 isn't worth waiting 10 months for me.

[quote name='intent']The chance to save $25 isn't worth waiting 10 months for me.[/QUOTE]

You're right, and most people would agree..but there are people on here that would wait that long to save $25, then if a couple of months later on found out it dropped to $120, they'd throw a fit. Prettttty crazy.

The BluRay version of the complete set is OOP by the way:

Title: Lost (2004/ TV Series): The Complete 1st - 6th Seasons: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Year: VAR
Studio: Buena Vista
Genre: TV Classics
Sound: 5.1 DTS-HD
Rating: NR
Version: LBX, 16:9, BLU-RAY
Aspect: 1.78:1
Price: $279.99
Release: 08/24/2010
UPC: 786936802368

Hope you've seen the finale before deciding to buy the whole thing.

If you have and know you still want it then fair enough;
but the finale ruined the whole series for me, so if you
haven't seen it you might want to check it out first.

No need to debate anything, not trying to threadcrap.
Just throwing that out there just in case.

[quote name='porieux']but the finale ruined the whole series for me, so if you
haven't seen it you might want to check it out first.[/QUOTE]

This so, so much.

The finale seriously makes you
realize that you spent 84 hours of your life being sucked into a show by means of a mysterious and supernatural island that has many secrets. Many secrets that you keep watching the show to find out their respective explanations, only to realize that they don't explain much of anything. Instead they give you some bullshit ending about the people that ultimately became ridiculously annoying because "the show was always about the characters". I'm so irritated that I wasted a significant amount of my time for that epic let down. :bomb:

[quote name='RobotSimp']The BluRay version of the complete set is OOP by the way:[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch!

I thought about getting it on Black Friday but didn't!

[quote name='porieux']Hope you've seen the finale before deciding to buy the whole thing.

If you have and know you still want it then fair enough;
but the finale ruined the whole series for me, so if you
haven't seen it you might want to check it out first.

No need to debate anything, not trying to threadcrap.
Just throwing that out there just in case.[/QUOTE]

LOL, do you also read the last couple of pages of a book first to see whether you should read the whole book?

[quote name='RobotSimp']The BluRay version of the complete set is OOP by the way:[/QUOTE]
I bet that's because of the fancy packaging. They are probably reissuing the whole set as a collection of all the individual season sets. And, one day that set will be less than $125 (or even less than $100).

[quote name='basketb']LOL, do you also read the last couple of pages of a book first to see whether you should read the whole book?[/QUOTE]

A book doesn't take nearly the amount of time to complete as 6 seasons of a TV show, and considering the reviews of this show in its entirety are either love it or hate it, his post was good advice.

but can still be bought literally anywhere

How do you expect anyone to predict prices for BF 2011?
I love the internetz.

[quote name='blindinglights']A book doesn't take nearly the amount of time to complete as 6 seasons of a TV show, and considering the reviews of this show in its entirety are either love it or hate it, his post was good advice.[/QUOTE]

To watch the ending before watching the show? I'm not sure I'd call that good advice.

People should watch Lost properly. The ending may have sucked, but that doesn't negate all of the awesome parts of the show.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The ending may have sucked, but that doesn't negate all of the awesome parts of the show.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, which I know is just that and by no means what everyone thinks, it absolutely did. You spend the whole time waiting for answers only to get "ha! we weren't going to tell you shit!"

I just despise the show after spending so much time watching it, hanging on, waiting around, and pretty much forcing myself to watch season four onward (after season three, it pretty much went straight down hill between becoming so damn convoluted and coming up with ways to make every character easier and easier to hate) in hope of answers only to get a big middle finger in my face that was the finale.

I would probably agree with you on any other show for not watching the ending, or maybe even just reading the spoiler, but Lost is just different. It makes you have high expectations and gives little reward in the end.

I don't think I've ever seen something with such a strict division in closing thoughts. There are people out there that thought it was the absolute perfect ending for the show and there are people like me that think the ending made the whole thing a gigantic waste of time.

I guess the point is, between the cost of buying the actual seasons and the amount of time you have to devote to getting through it and the 50/50 chance you'll be happy or pissed at the conclusion, might be worth looking at what you're getting yourself into even if it does involve spoiling a little bit of it in the process.

I don't mean to keep this thread going off the tracks so I'm going to let it go. I'd just hate to see anyone buy this with high hopes only to end up frustrated and without money that could have been spent on much better stuff.

I love Lost, but it doesn't make sense to watch it all over again... Especially going through so many "previously on Lost" recaps (the only series pretty much watched as the episodes aired). Nice to have, but no thanks... Hate the ending, it's cheap. It's like the some guy always yell "he died" in every movie or book conversation even though he has no idea what it is about.

1. To OP: If you have $125 to spend, and want the Blu-Ray, buy it from your friend. I am sure it will eventually be under $100, but if you want the series and have the money get it now, $125 is a solid price.

2. I disagree with most people in this thread, in that: a. I watched the whole series straight through a second time and loved it more than I did the first time - the loooong breaks between episodes/seasons as originally aired did not do the show any favors; b. I loved the ending, thought it did exactly what the producers always said it would do; c. I don't know how one two hour episode can possibly ruin the enjoyment one has received from the prior 100+ hours. I didn't care for the ending of BSG, but it didn't retroactively destroy the enjoyment I got from watching all the prior episodes.

[quote name='thirdrose']I'd willingly pay $125 for the set.

However I feel about the ending surely doesn't make Desmond any less of a badass.[/QUOTE]

I so agree The Constant was one of the greatest episodes on television period.

[quote name='blindinglights']A book doesn't take nearly the amount of time to complete as 6 seasons of a TV show, and considering the reviews of this show in its entirety are either love it or hate it, his post was good advice.[/QUOTE]

You haven't read the wheel of time series.

[quote name='thirdrose']I'd willingly pay $125 for the set.

However I feel about the ending surely doesn't make Desmond any less of a badass.[/QUOTE]

Des and Penny moment nearly made me cry. I had to fight back my manly tears.

The Lost complete sets are not getting reprinted, so once they are gone they will cost a LOT more to pick them up. Getting it less than $125, you'd have to hope you score them at an excellent clearance price. Better to just pull the trigger and pay your friend $125.

[quote name='styl3s']but can still be bought literally anywhere[/QUOTE]

Yes, they can be bought literally anywhere...although for $200-250+. Best Buy has them at every store I've visited...however once they clearance them out, I doubt they will price them below $100 or even $125. Probably half off their ridiculous $250-275 price (can't remember which it is)...

[quote name='karkyco']The Lost complete sets are not getting reprinted, so once they are gone they will cost a LOT more to pick them up. Getting it less than $125, you'd have to hope you score them at an excellent clearance price. Better to just pull the trigger and pay your friend $125.[/QUOTE]

Those sets aren't getting reprinted, but you'd better bet that there will be a complete series set without all of the extra junk. I don't really need the board game, the island replica, the pyramid box, etc. That's just crap that I have to store. Just give me a set with the blu-rays, and I'm fine.

Alternately, I'd also be fine with a good price drop on the individual season sets. Whichever. I just want it to be more affordable before I invest. In the meantime, they're all on Netflix instant watch if I feel a great urge to see them again.

Oh, that's a good note for anyone on the fence about this -- the complete series is on Netflix instant watch, in HD. If you just want to see the series and don't feel a great need to actually own it, that's a good option.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']To watch the ending before watching the show? I'm not sure I'd call that good advice.

People should watch Lost properly. The ending may have sucked, but that doesn't negate all of the awesome parts of the show.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that was the advice. I'd recommend Netflixing the whole thing rather than buying personally.

I loved watching the series, but the finale kind of killed any interest in my watching it again so I have no interest in buying the series on blu ray (and gave away my seasons 1-3 DVDs).

But that's my stance on everything. I refuse to blind buy any movies or tv shows. No sense in taking the risk and having to hassle with selling and losing money when I can just netflix and buy the very few I like enough to want to own.

[quote name='JayTL']I agree with funjoe. The show was never really about a weird island..but about the characters that inhabited it.[/QUOTE]

Your view on that will determine whether your satisfied with the whole series or not for sure.

I liked the characters, but I watched much more for the island mysteries. I'm not much of a "people person" so I don't tend to dig character dramas much. So I was very let down that the island mystery stuff pretty much went to crap after season 3 and a lot was left unanswered or given very cheesy answers in the final season.

But the character arc resolutions were mostly satisfied, so if one watched the show primarily for those, then they'll probably enjoy the whole series.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this for Christmas, and have been rewatching it since January 1. Seeing everything again is amazing for me, and I'm picking up on so many things that I might have missed the first time, things that were referenced I never picked up on, etc., and just the fact that it's on Blu-ray. I love it. I could easily see myself watching it again in a few years. If anything, I now have a sweet collector's item for my eventual fireplace.

And just to jump in on the finale debate about island vs characters... I just finished watched all of the extras for Season 2 this afternoon. In one of the features, Damon and Carlton sat down and talked about how they were blown away by how many people were forming theories for just about everything. They said that they originally planned to have this show be a journey to see what happens with a bunch of characters that we as an audience latches on to (or something damn close to that effect). So whatever your opinion was of the finale (I thought it was great), you can't say that the whole show being about the characters wasn't their intention from early on, as opposed to them pulling that answer out of their ass after it was all over.

I enjoyed the finale and felt it capped the series off in satisfying fashion. Of course, I never expected answers to every little thing so...:)

[quote name='JayTL']I agree with funjoe. The show was never really about a weird island..but about the characters that inhabited it.[/QUOTE]
:applause:
Agreed. It is a show about people on an interesting Island. The island and all the mysteries around it were meant to enhance and put the characters in interesting situations. I will admit the ending was not very good but I didn't think it was bad at all. My opinion is a bit biased as I do consider it my favorite TV show but it doesn't get much better then Lost, enjoy the ride and don't worry so much about the destination.

bread's done
Back