Lost Odyssey....does it get better?

Morphx2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So I started to play this again (havnt played it in a LOOOOOOOONG time), and I just got to the Crimson Forest. For the last 2-3 hours before that it has been almost all cut scenes and maybe 2-3 fights at the MOST. I just wasted like 30 minutes with a dumb funeral.

Does the action pick up and get to be a lot more fighting or is it just more 10 minute cutscenes?

isn't that a Xbox 360 game? I remember getting it at Target for $15 and trade it in for $10 :( (no time to play it and taking up shelf space).

Sounds like it's not your type of game. I was already really into it by that point. Went on to spend 60+ hours on that game, mostly grinding at the temple of Enlightenment.

So I started to play this again (havnt played it in a LOOOOOOOONG time), and I just got to the Crimson Forest. For the last 2-3 hours before that it has been almost all cut scenes and maybe 2-3 fights at the MOST. I just wasted like 30 minutes with a dumb funeral.

Does the action pick up and get to be a lot more fighting or is it just more 10 minute cutscenes? If it is mostly cutscenes, this game is going back in my graveyard

Does the action pick up and get to be a lot more fighting or is it just more 10 minute cutscenes? If it is mainly cutscenes like it has been, its going in my graveyard

From what I remember the part you were on defininitely had a ton of cutscenes. The game plays fairly normal for a while, then at some point (maybe the end of the 3rd disc) your characters get broken up and there are a lot of cut scenes and not many fights.

I loved the whole funeral portion, it was really emotional. It sounds as though its just not your type of game, seeing as how it's one of the best RPGs of the generation.

[quote name='bdavid81']I loved the whole funeral portion, it was really emotional. It sounds as though its just not your type of game, seeing as how it's one of the best RPGs of the generation.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm even confident to say that LO is the last good JRPG this gen. I could be wrong, but that's how I feel anyways.

[quote name='Morphx2']Funeral was good, getting those stupid flowers and wood = not good.[/QUOTE]

I went through the entire game, got every achievement except the treasure one. I think I know exactly which one I missed and its at the end of the game. I'd have to play through it all again just to get it. :(

But, much like Assassin's Creed on my list, I hate having a game that I'm missing 1 or 2 cheevos.

This game made me wonder whether or not I liked JRPG's anymore. I rented it and hated it, but hopefully FF XIII will be awesome.

There is much more fighting in a bit. I think we are the opposite though. I found the fighting to be atrocious, by disk 3 I just gave up. The fly overs and the boring combat had me bored to tears. The story was good IMO.

My main complaint: When will JRPGs implement a save anywhere feature? It is a last generation feature that the Japanese typically refuse to include. Save points suck IMO.

[quote name='mike.m']I went through the entire game, got every achievement except the treasure one. I think I know exactly which one I missed and its at the end of the game. I'd have to play through it all again just to get it. :([/QUOTE]

Those fucking treasures. I still need that achievement, and I think a couple of the character skill ones. I would have sworn I did a great job of checking every nook and cranny for treasures, but I guess not. I went back to a location or two, and I found a few treasures. I knew I screwed up bad, so I didn't even bother trying anymore. I really loved LO, so maybe one day, I'll go back for a second playthrough and actually find them all.

One of my favorite games and one of the few RPG's I have ever played all the way through. The ONLY thing that I HATED was how long each battle takes to start. Stupid 10 second intro every time.

I put over 100 hours into it and got every achievement, and loved every second of it.

Following the story is very heavy on cut-scenes, but at parts where you can leave and explore and hunt items, you can battle to your hearts content.

That one stupid achievement bothered me.

The only other thing that bothered me is that your final party was always gonna be the super strong people and 1 filler

bread's done
Back