Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Gen Discussion & Info

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Capcom's love-it-or-hate-it action adventure, Lost Planet, hits the PS3 in February. The game earned a bit of infamy due to its over-blown promise of satiating PS3 fans' "feelings of betrayal." Although the PS3 version includes an additional playable character, launches at a budget price, and includes free online multiplayer, it seems as though nothing will soothe the bitter, broken hearts of the Capcom spiteful. Except for Bionic Commando Rearmed, right?
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/01/21/lost-planet-finds-ps3-on-february-26/

Awesome news without a doubt. I always wanted to get Lost Planet, but decided to wait for it on PS3 so I can play it online. The video up on the PS Store is pretty cool and makes me want the game more. I know it's a love it or hate it game, but I personally liked what I played.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UyyZJxV46I[/media]

Eventually, I plan to turn this into the Official Lost Planet PS3 thread and where we can discuss online matches

It's really not that great. It was out on 360 a while ago, and it gets old too quick. Great game at first, though.

If I get this, it will be a bargin bin price. I have the 360 version and it is not my favorite game. But I would love to play some PS3 CAGs.

when I bought my 360, I bought it for this game. I rented it for 360 and never bought it... I may get this for PS3 since we can play online together.

I heard a lot of bad about it on 360, but the story and gameplay seem appealing to me. Also, I'd love to have more 3rd person online shooters on PS3. $40 seems pretty good to me (although I'd prefer $30). I honestly feel like buying it and getting a group of people at various forums playing this game online.

I'll probably pick this up. I've wanted to play it since it first came out on 360.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']isnt it 39.99?[/quote]

Yes sir! Only $40 and comes with all the bonus content.

I played the demo on the 360, I'm going to have to try that again. I wasn't really into it but I am willing to get it another chance.

Definitly isn't that great of a game. One of my biggest issues is that it takes the character way too long to stand up after being knocked over. In addition, the whole auto aim is pretty lame for a shooting game IMO.

[quote name='torifile']Fun game but bad voice acting. Is it coming out at $60? That'd be ripoff considering it was out on the 360 nearly a year ago.[/QUOTE]It's $40, which is why I'm interested.
[quote name='stars fan']Definitly isn't that great of a game. One of my biggest issues is that it takes the character way too long to stand up after being knocked over. In addition, the whole auto aim is pretty lame for a shooting game IMO.[/QUOTE]That's partially why I liked the gameplay, because it has auto aim. I'm not really a serious action gamer though. ;)

http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...et-une-demo.html&langpair=fr|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8
Here are some new images of Lost Planet in its Playstation 3. Rappelons que le titre, déjà sorti sur Xbox 360, sera disponible à petit prix lors de sa sortie chez nous le 29 février. Recall that the title, already released on Xbox 360, will be available at low cost when it was released at home on February 29. Les plus impatients pourront s'essayer à la démo multijoueurs disponible dès demain sur le PSN japonais, et un peu plus tard chez nous normalement. The most eager to try out the multiplayer demo released tomorrow on the Japanese PSN, and a little later in our normally.
Well, the multi-player demo should be in Japan tomorrow. We might get it too.

If they made it control less like shit, it'd be a great game... probably.

Seriously, getting knocked down is annoying as fuck.

I think I heard somewhere that the PS3 version will have Megaman and Frank West (from Dead Rising) as playable characters. Can anyone confirm this, cause that would totally make me buy the PS3 version and sell my 360 copy.

[quote name='Amnion']I think I heard somewhere that the PS3 version will have Megaman and Frank West (from Dead Rising) as playable characters. Can anyone confirm this, cause that would totally make me buy the PS3 version and sell my 360 copy.[/quote]

I saw screens of both Megaman and Frank West on the Magic Box. I'd go look for them but their archive system is horrible.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-08']40 bucks! cmon thats a bargain for a new game in this current gen[/quote]

So true and so sad.

Just downloaded the demo, but all of the rooms I try to enter are full. Oh well, keep trying I guess.

Those having problems joining are because of:
-They are on Type 3 NAT (Type 1 and 2 are required for some games to work right).
-Servers may be jammed due to the recent update. Some were able to join the Japanese version earlier, but not can't join anything.

Wow great. I couldn't even get into a game. I kept getting a Connection Failed message. Jesus Christ PSN is getting so annoying. It seems like every online game I play I run into problems. The only ones that haven't given me crap at all are Warhawk and Resistance.

I had similar issues just now. I couldn't connect to half of the games available, and when I actually got in, the room would fill up and just sit there. Not sure if the hosts were at fault or not. Hopefully it's just that the network is overloaded. I'll try again this weekend.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Those having problems joining are because of:
-They are on Type 3 NAT (Type 1 and 2 are required for some games to work right).
-Servers may be jammed due to the recent update. Some were able to join the Japanese version earlier, but not can't join anything.[/quote]I have Type 2 and couldn't join to anything.

[quote name='Danil ACE']This game is great, but are people still interested in paying full price for it a year after its been out?[/QUOTE]

I think the MSRP is $40.

[quote name='Blackout542']Wow great. I couldn't even get into a game. I kept getting a Connection Failed message. Jesus Christ PSN is getting so annoying. It seems like every online game I play I run into problems. The only ones that haven't given me crap at all are Warhawk and Resistance.[/QUOTE]It has the same problems as Warhawk early on, but they should be solved.

I disabled my Firewall (on my router) and other things like I got from a configuring router link. I will say I still get a "game is full" or "no longer in session" and it may take a few tries to get into a game. I eventually got in this morning. Multi-player was fun though and looking forward to buying.

From what I can tell you, the multi-player rooms fill up very quickly, but the game is kind of slow to update (which is why games are full). Part of it has to do with PSN getting jampacked on Thursday.

Btw, this is a guide I used to get my router working with my PS3 (Go to PlayStation Network):
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

I loved this game on the 360. I really dug both the single player and multiplayer. Is there anything new added to the game to make it worth getting on the ps3 if you already bought on the 360? A new single player level perhaps?

I'm concerned that, if they put out a broken demo, what are the chances the retail release will have issues? The release date is only a few weeks away. This game has definitely fallen into my "wait and see" list.

I got into a room after a lot of tries, it was kinda fun.. but honestly, I rather just play Warhawk.. this game is basically like the Story part of Warhawk. too bad warhawk soldiers don't have grappling hooks.. those things are badass... no matter what game they're in.

[quote name='Thomas96']I got into a room after a lot of tries, it was kinda fun.. but honestly, I rather just play Warhawk.. this game is basically like the Story part of Warhawk. too bad warhawk soldiers don't have grappling hooks.. those things are badass... no matter what game they're in.[/QUOTE]Warhawk is a bit more fun, but I'm looking for a straight out 3D action game on PS3, with online play, which this game has (along with single player, which Warhawk lacks).

Capcom may not have fully tested the servers though. I'll let everyone know how it is in the full game.

Downloaded a multi-player only demo that wouldn't connect... so time and effort was wasted. This game is a no-go for me.

Multiplayer is more fun than single player. I hated the game the first time I played it, but ended up loving it more than gears. I hardly play gears and I actually finished Lost Planet. I still think it's one of the best looking games on 360 graphics-wise.

From PSBlog:

The multiplayer demo for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is temporarily being removed from the PlayStation Network in order to address issues that have come to light. We will be working overtime to correct the issue and expect to upload a new version to the PlayStation Network as soon as possible that accurately reflects the incredible online features of the game. For those of you who have already downloaded the demo, the servers are being taken down until the new version is ready to go. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and your interest in Lost Planet!
Whoops.

bread's done
Back