LOST - The Final Season - LOST Auction Aug 21-22 (Post 1439)

I didnt say everyone, I said my fav characters. I love how you quoted "everyone", yet I didnt say "everyone" in that post.

Back on topic, do you guys think next week's ep will be an uninterrupted flash (like the richard episode)? Episode-long flashes are always the best ones, imo.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I didnt say everyone, I said my fav characters. I love how you quoted "everyone", yet I didnt say "everyone" in that post.

Back on topic, do you guys think next week's ep will be an uninterrupted flash (like the richard episode)? Episode-long flashes are always the best ones, imo.[/QUOTE]

for the most part i think so. they have to move things along the island a little bit, but im guessing the majority will be the history of the island/jacob/smokey

I think after all the shit that just happened they'll definitely be explaining some island background in the next episode.

I think the deaths were great, they were really well done for the characters (except Lapidus, but I think he will probably end up not being dead since they didn't really focus on him). Sayid's death was perfect. Jin and Sun seemed kinda unnecessary, but the way they died was perfect.

Why would you really give a shit who dies at this point anyway? There are like 3 episodes left.

[quote name='SpazX']I think after all the shit that just happened they'll definitely be explaining some island background in the next episode.

I think the deaths were great, they were really well done for the characters (except Lapidus, but I think he will probably end up not being dead since they didn't really focus on him). Sayid's death was perfect. Jin and Sun seemed kinda unnecessary, but the way they died was perfect.

Why would you really give a shit who dies at this point anyway? There are like 3 episodes left.[/QUOTE]

Um, because we're invested in these characters we've been watching for six years and want to see some of them get a happy ending?

Not that I thought the deaths were bad, all but Frank the other night were done well.

Don't get me started on Charlie's useless sacrifice, though. Man does that piss me off.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Um, because we're invested in these characters we've been watching for six years and want to see some of them get a happy ending?[/QUOTE]

Really? I think sometimes death is the happy ending. As long as it fits the story I don't see the point in actually caring about their fate, especially in this show when all the dead people are basically not dead, either in the alternate storyline or because they appear after their death. Honestly the show would be kinda shitty if a lot of them didn't die, might as well be watching three's company or something.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']
Don't get me started on Charlie's useless sacrifice, though. Man does that piss me off.[/QUOTE]

Charlie needed to die. else how could he ghost up Hurley?

Plus then he wouldn't be able to juggle FlashForward which he is extremely better character.

people need to die sometimes.

[quote name='SpazX']Really? I think sometimes death is the happy ending. As long as it fits the story I don't see the point in actually caring about their fate, especially in this show when all the dead people are basically not dead, either in the alternate storyline or because they appear after their death. Honestly the show would be kinda shitty if a lot of them didn't die, might as well be watching three's company or something.[/QUOTE]

Jin and Sun's death does not fit the story though. They have a kid, yet neither of them brought up the kid at all during the time they were stuck in the sub. How the fuck can neither of them remember they have a kid and use that to tell Jin to get the hell out? Not only that, but after Sun dies, then they could tie it in with the story from a few seasons ago that women who get pregnant on the island die.

If they were married and did not have any kids, then I would be 'ok' with their deaths, though I would still be a little mad since they were easily two of my favorite characters. Staying together until the end makes a lot of sense in that scenario, thus it would be completely believable.

Jin & Suns deaths I just think were stupid. So Ji-Yeon will be spending the rest of her life an orphan?

Im seriously starting to think though that the alt-timeline will become an epilogue of sorts, & will be the true ending.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Jin and Sun's death does not fit the story though. They have a kid, yet neither of them brought up the kid at all during the time they were stuck in the sub. How the fuck can neither of them remember they have a kid and use that to tell Jin to get the hell out? Not only that, but after Sun dies, then they could tie it in with the story from a few seasons ago that women who get pregnant on the island die.

If they were married and did not have any kids, then I would be 'ok' with their deaths, though I would still be a little mad since they were easily two of my favorite characters. Staying together until the end makes a lot of sense in that scenario, thus it would be completely believable.[/QUOTE]

Their love for each other was greater than the child's... maybe punishment that neither should get out alive?

[quote name='Segasonic01']Jin & Suns deaths I just think were stupid. So Ji-Yeon will be spending the rest of her life an orphan?

Im seriously starting to think though that the alt-timeline will become an epilogue of sorts, & will be the true ending.[/QUOTE]

Child isn't technically orphaned though, Grandmother is watching her.

Lost isn't for you guys... happy endings and all.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Jin and Sun's death does not fit the story though. They have a kid, yet neither of them brought up the kid at all during the time they were stuck in the sub. How the fuck can neither of them remember they have a kid and use that to tell Jin to get the hell out? Not only that, but after Sun dies, then they could tie it in with the story from a few seasons ago that women who get pregnant on the island die.

If they were married and did not have any kids, then I would be 'ok' with their deaths, though I would still be a little mad since they were easily two of my favorite characters. Staying together until the end makes a lot of sense in that scenario, thus it would be completely believable.[/QUOTE]

I agree about Ji Yeon, I thought that Sun would mention her at least. But Sun basically left Ji Yeon with her mother to hunt Ben (first) and find Jin (later) way before that. I think being with each other was more important to them, it's not that unbelievable.

But that's the story dude, they can't all predict the future. At the time Charlie's death was quite meaningful. A lot of people in life have died doing meaningful things that later fell apart, it's inevitable. All in all, I don't think the show was designed to have a lot of happy endings, plenty of happy events, but not necessarily happy endings.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']TL[/QUOTE]

Bad things happen, bad stories happen. People die. I know you don't like it, but taking it this serious is a bit much.

There probably were reasons why he was going to get written off. His character was turning to meaningless garbage anyways.

And the Lost isn't for you part is the truth, you stated as such, since you disagreed with the plot anyways. It's an opinion, and I am not saying you're wrong, but expecting a happy ending for any and every character is not what Lost is apparently going down.

Would you want me to be empathetic? Because that's a bit too serious for just a TV show...

TBH I liked that Jin and Sun went down.... it showed that their love was extreme, and it didn't end in all happy roses and fairy tales. I would have been upset if they never were to see each other and they were killed off... that would be far worse than what happened in the last episode.

To me, that was a good part, even though it was a sad part. Plus for being only 3 shows away, less fluff to fill in.

The story is ultimately coming down to Jack, Jacob and the smoke monster.... everything else is fluff and that was the whole point of the whole series, not evident then, but evident now.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Lost is the best show ever there are no flaws at all.[/QUOTE]

The Wire shits all over Lost.

The Wire was pretty fucking awesome. Also not for those who want loved characters not to die and happy endings though.

Hey guys I've been watching lost for around 6 years of my life, but now I'm going to start hating on it.

The show has been pretty consistent, if you are starting to "not like it now" then that's your problem and you should keep it to yourself because it's embarrassing.
[quote name='Segasonic01']lol, thats what they wanna hear[/QUOTE]
No. The SERIES is almost over. I'm not here to debate with trolls if LOST is good or not. Now I'm wasting all this time with your dumb ass logic when I came here to discuss the last episode and talk theories... thanks man.

Apparently next weeks episode IS an episode-long flashback, but it still has 3 of the mains in it. The writers are saying it will prove that they knew what they were getting at since Season 1. we'll c, i guess...

[quote name='Segasonic01']Apparently next weeks episode IS an episode-long flashback, but it still has 3 of the mains in it. The writers are saying it will prove that they knew what they were getting at since Season 1. we'll c, i guess...[/QUOTE]

Simply can't wait :hot:

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']good, the background deserves its own episode[/QUOTE]

100% as it's turned in to the whole point of the series.

Glad it's getting a whole episode to get fleshed out.

Great episode last night, deaths were brutal, but I prefer shows, movies etc. that aren't all roses and sunshine.

So wich 3 "mains" do u guys think are gonna be on there? (BTW the spoiler that I posted might not be 100% accurate or anything so dont hold me to it)

Personally, i haven't a damn clue who they'll be

[quote name='Segasonic01']So wich 3 "mains" do u guys think are gonna be on there? (BTW the spoiler that I posted might not be 100% accurate or anything so dont hold me to it)

Personally, i haven't a damn clue who they'll be[/QUOTE]

You mean besides Jacob and the Man in Black?

[quote name='Segasonic01']So wich 3 "mains" do u guys think are gonna be on there? (BTW the spoiler that I posted might not be 100% accurate or anything so dont hold me to it)

If it was a flashback probably Jacob, Man in Black, and Richard. They have been together the longest.

what... I thought you hated the show. I so confused. #-o

[quote name='ImLuhkee']If it was a flashback probably Jacob, Man in Black, and Richard. They have been together the longest.[/QUOTE]
The spoilers said 3 people who've been there since the beginning

[quote name='thisjustanother']i cant believe that no one is talking about seeing bernard. i was glad to see him and him doing his dentistry.[/QUOTE]

What happened to Bernard and Rose? I can't remember the last time we saw them on the island.

[quote name='bmachine']What happened to Bernard and Rose? I can't remember the last time we saw them on the island.[/QUOTE]

Flashed back to some time LONG ago, but never flashed forward. So they lived that time on the island, and it's theorized as the two skeletons in the cave in the "Present".

[quote name='xycury']Flashed back to some time LONG ago, but never flashed forward. So they lived that time on the island, and it's theorized as the two skeletons in the cave in the "Present".[/QUOTE]

Ah, I remember that now. Thanks! :applause:

[quote name='xycury']Flashed back to some time LONG ago, but never flashed forward. So they lived that time on the island, and it's theorized as the two skeletons in the cave in the "Present".[/QUOTE]

Must of missed this part...Why didn't they flash forward? I just assumed they flashed forward and are continuing their policy of isolationism.

[quote name='homeland']Must of missed this part...Why didn't they flash forward? I just assumed they flashed forward and are continuing their policy of isolationism.[/QUOTE]

It's assumed as such. no direct episode besides not seeing them since they departed.

They didn't flash forward because they aren't candidates and weren't with the group, island probably sensed that and left them back in the past or whatever time period they were in.... they were old, and wouldn't lived long to cross paths with anyone later.

They stayed in the 70s from what I gather. I don't remember, but the bones might have been much older than that. Maybe the bones were Jacob and Smokey's parents, that they are brothers? And somehow that kid Smokey keeps seeing is a young Jacob, haunting him?

I don't see how they could be in any place but the present or the 70's, though my money is on the 70's.

I thought I posted my thoughts in here already. But I guess not. No point in re-writing them, anyway. But man, what a great episode.

I bet that's what happens in the finale. Everybody fails but Bernard and Rose turn the donkey wheel in the 70s and inadvertently save mankind from Smokey's wrath. And then Walt shows up with a beard to say "And thus concludes Lost! Be kind, please rewind."

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I bet that's what happens in the finale. Everybody fails but Bernard and Rose turn the donkey wheel in the 70s and inadvertently save mankind from Smokey's wrath. And then Walt shows up with a beard to say "And thus concludes Lost! Be kind, please rewind."[/QUOTE]

And Desmond screams! PENNNNNNNNNNNNNNY

[quote name='Segasonic01']I think its the electromagnetism/donkey wheel time traveling light/eternal life juice/whatever else

& Smokey wants it[/QUOTE]

Oh that makes A LOT of sense

bread's done
Back