LOST - The Final Season - LOST Auction Aug 21-22 (Post 1439)

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Season 5 was far and away the worst for me. Season 6 was hit or miss.

As far as what the ending meant, no, they didn't die in the crash.

The plane crashed on the island.

Everyone lived their lives, and eventually died. Boone died when the beechcraft fell in S1. Jack died in the bamboo field at the end of the finale. Claire, Kate, Des and Sawyer died much later in life after flying off the island. Hurley and Ben played the Jacob and Richard roles on the island for who knows how long, but eventually they too passed on.

[/QUOTE]

See, I didn't think it was suppose to be taken way to literal. But its possible, I think it was definitely made for interpretation.

[quote name='Darkchaos91']See, I didn't think it was suppose to be taken way to literal. But its possible, I think it was definitely made for interpretation.[/QUOTE]

I don't really see how that is "too literal", but....sure.

Oh sorry... "Too Literal"** My bad....

I'm talking about how the island had "magical properties". Electromagnetism? Okay.. Locke can walk? Rose doesn't have or feeling the effects of Cancer anymore? No one can find the Island? I mean, sure it is a sci fi show but still.. Everyone is 'special'? The woman who raised Jacob and the man in black killed an entire village? I'm just saying I think it was left for some interpretation.. I see it one way, you can see it another...

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I have watched all the unnecessary censoring since 2008 and this one is by far the BEST !![/QUOTE]

The last one with Locke is my favorite. I was laughing so hard from that one.

great ending. sad to see it go though.

also epic gif.

118lpn7.gif

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Season 5 was far and away the worst for me. Season 6 was hit or miss.

As far as what the ending meant, no, they didn't die in the crash.

The plane crashed on the island.

Everyone lived their lives, and eventually died. Boone died when the beechcraft fell in S1. Jack died in the bamboo field at the end of the finale. Claire, Kate, Des and Sawyer died much later in life after flying off the island. Hurley and Ben played the Jacob and Richard roles on the island for who knows how long, but eventually they too passed on.

The AU was basically a kind-of purgatory; all of the characters got to finally overcome their issues once and for all, and afterwards they all met up together with their loves/friends and together moved on into Heaven or whatever you want to call the afterlife beyond this world.

As far as why some people didn't end up at the church, they were either "Not ready", as Des said of Ana-Lucia, or still "trapped" like Michael, having not overcome their internal issues/forgiven themselves. One day, Michael, Walt and Vincent will all die and move on together too, most likely.[/QUOTE]

Your opinion about the quality of season 5 is clearly wrong, but your explanation of what happened is right on.

Emilie De Ravin's legs on jimmy kimmel live...amazing. Her crazy and dirty claire character from S6 suppressed her true hotness

Emilie and Rebecca Mader get my vote for most beautiful females from LOST

[quote name='rly723']Emilie De Ravin's legs on jimmy kimmel live...amazing. Her crazy and dirty claire character from S6 suppressed her true hotness

Emilie and Rebecca Mader get my vote for most beautiful females from LOST[/QUOTE]

ewwwwwwwwwwwww Rebecca Mader is actually in my opinion one of the most hidious women I have ever seen .. eww eewww ewww !!

Great... so they basically ended the show w/ the single explanation they said it wouldn't.

Creators talked about how Purgatory/Limbo was not the case multiple times since season 1.... which it turned out to be. They obviously ran out of the ideas when it came to the end and copped out on the simple solution

[quote name='rly723']Emilie De Ravin's legs on jimmy kimmel live...amazing.
[/quote]

Agreed. Anybody that DVR that in HD needs to upload pics. Stat!

Emilie and Rebecca Mader get my vote for most beautiful females from LOST

Sun and Alex smoke both of them.

[quote name='Zoglog']Great... so they basically ended the show w/ the single explanation they said it wouldn't.

Creators talked about how Purgatory/Limbo was not the case multiple times since season 1.... which it turned out to be. They obviously ran out of the ideas when it came to the end and copped out on the simple solution
[/QUOTE]

They really weren't lying. It didn't end with purgatory. The flash-sideways/purgatory was a clever way to make the audience think that 2 time lines were created when the bomb went off, which we find out at the end didn't happen. The show wasn't really about the purgatory, it was about the redemption of everyone on the island, which in my opinion, was a fantastic way to end the series. The purgatory was there also to show the truth in what has been the "motto" of the show, "Live together, die alone."

[quote name='Dasflikko']I wasn't a huge fan of the finale tonight, but mainly I think that is because I'm not a fan of religious and /or spiritual themes in a show's finale. It can easily come across as a cop out or a little cheap.

Oh well.

Great show though, definitely one of the best shows in the last decade.[/QUOTE]
Yea, because it's something NOBODY has an answer to. So it's easy to get away with it... I was hoping from a more technical/scientific ending, but seeing as how season 6 was going it was obviously not going to happen.

Now let's see FRINGE ending with Jesus coming down and granting wishes.

[quote name='5of9']Thank god i quit watching this crap after season 2[/QUOTE]

Thank god you just had to tell us this. Our lives couldn't go out without knowing that.

Two hard questions for Soul Reveaver or someone else who can answer

1) If the sideways world was purgatory... why did it show the island underwater in the first episdoe

2) What world was Desmond talking about when he thought the light was going to transport him to another place? When he says nothing matters on the island (and it turns out he was wrong after he pulls out the plug) He can see into Purgatory as well? or was he talking about another world.

so sun never had they baby (didnt see the baby in the church)

and what about the DOG was the dog good enough to go to heaven :)

was sort shocked to see Rose and her husband there cause they always said they didnt want anything to do it the others

and i guess Ben went to hell that is why he didnt want to go into the church ?

well hopefully the time traveling show with the dinosars coming on fox this fall will be a good replacement..

Terra nova

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/19...gs-time-travel-dinosaur-tv-series-terra-nova/

[quote name='Zoglog']Great... so they basically ended the show w/ the single explanation they said it wouldn't.

[/QUOTE]

No, The ISland was not purgatory. It was real

The sideways world was Purgatory

[quote name='billyrox']Two questions for Soul Reveaver or someone else who can answer

1) If the sideways world was purgatory... why did it show the island underwater in the first episdoe[/quote]

To confuse you. It was all made up, so it could be under water, it didn't really matter.

[quote name='billyrox']2) What world was Desmond talking about when he thought the light was going to transport him to another place? When he says nothing matters on the island (and it turns out he was wrong after he pulls out the plug) He can see into Purgatory as well? or was he talking about another world.[/QUOTE]

He had seen the purgatory timeline and he thought he would be transported there I guess. Of course he didn't get there until he actually died.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Thank god you just had to tell us this. Our lives couldn't go out without knowing that.[/QUOTE]

I know, that's why i posted it.

[quote name='SpazX']To confuse you. It was all made up, so it could be under water, it didn't really matter.

Pretty much. Same reason it coincided with the explosion of the bomb, to throw us off the trail of what was really going on.

He had seen the purgatory timeline and he thought he would be transported there I guess. Of course he didn't get there until he actually died.[/QUOTE]

Well, keep in mind he likely thought he was going to die right then and there, so he did think that he was going to "go there" (which he would have done). Obviously something happened when Widmore put him in the device which gave him a glimpse of the other side and made him not be afraid of death anymore, since he knew it wouldn't matter if he died in this life - he would still be with Penny in the next. Or something like that.

ya, thats what I took out of it. For some reason he saw himself in his "other life brotha", and that made him think the Island never mattered, because he always ends up with Penny.

Do you guys think drinking the water really did anything? Or was it just to make the protector of the island think they would be stronger or invincible or whatever? Or was it intended to be symbolic, like drinking the blood of Christ for salvation?

[quote name='redline']Do you guys think drinking the water really did anything? Or was it just to make the protector of the island think they would be stronger or invincible or whatever? Or was it intended to be symbolic, like drinking the blood of Christ for salvation?[/QUOTE]

Well we know it did something to Jacob.

I'm assuming it did something to Jack as well, since when MIB saw him he seemed to recognize right away that he'd changed. Can't be 100% sure though. I'm guessing it did have an effect on Hurley as well, but again it's impossible to know for sure.

[/QUOTE]

I agree totally with this. The series finale was a total cop out.
The series should have ended with the 6 getting off the island (that is when the show lost its magic).

[quote name='bvharris']Well, keep in mind he likely thought he was going to die right then and there, so he did think that he was going to "go there" (which he would have done). Obviously something happened when Widmore put him in the device which gave him a glimpse of the other side and made him not be afraid of death anymore, since he knew it wouldn't matter if he died in this life - he would still be with Penny in the next. Or something like that.[/QUOTE]

oh wow i like that:applause:

For those wanting to know what Richard did after he got off the island, remember, he has been off multiple times (recruiting locke & juliet) & the others seemed to have a lot of money. Maybe Richard goes & drains their bank account & lives happily ever after.

The more I think about the finale, the more I'm alright with the decision to not give answers to many of the pressing questions fans still had. Here's how I look at it, and I hope I'm right: There will hopefully be other avenues in which to explore those things, I don't think this is the end of the Lost franchise. However, this was their chance to do justice to the story of the characters, and I think they did that beautifully.

[quote name='lordopus99']I agree totally with this. The series finale was a total cop out.
The series should have ended with the 6 getting off the island (that is when the show lost its magic).[/QUOTE]
again,

No, The ISland was not purgatory. It was real

The sideways world was Purgatory

Yeah - maybe they will cash in and make another "great" video game :lol:

[quote name='bvharris']The more I think about the finale, the more I'm alright with the decision to not give answers to many of the pressing questions fans still had. Here's how I look at it, and I hope I'm right: There will hopefully be other avenues in which to explore those things, I don't think this is the end of the Lost franchise. However, this was their chance to do justice to the story of the characters, and I think they did that beautifully.[/QUOTE]

Where was Mr Ecko? Did he really piss off the whole entire Lost Franchise to not get invited back once in the past couple of years?

[quote name='wildcpac']Where was Mr Ecko? Did he really piss off the whole entire Lost Franchise to not get invited back once in the past couple of years?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They had big plans for his character but he asked to be let out of his contract and leave the show.

i just wish there was more, i guess thats my biggest gripe with the ending. i understand it, i get it, but i dont think that it was enough for a satisfying ending. i suppose thats because the ending wasnt the end, they make it perfectly clear that people get off the island or stay on the island and go on to live for years and years and years.

OK, I haven't had time to read much about it yet but my interpretation is that
the alternate universe was some sort of purgatory that took place in their heads or whatever and since it was "without time" everyone met up at the church after they died (and were "awakened" in the alternate universe) to cross over to heaven together. Jack died on the island in the final scene, everyone else who died previously was actually dead (Locke, Juliet, Boone, Shannon, etc.), Hurley and Ben lived out their lives on the island but eventually died and Claire, Kate, Richard, Lapidus Sawyer and Miles made it off the island and lived out their lives for a number of years (Kate told Jack "I missed you so much" implying that it had been a long time since they saw each other). Ben didn't go in the church because he wasn't fully redeemed or whatever - he still had to repent or something in order to pass on to heaven. I'm not sure where Desmond fits in or HOW he fits in. I thought it was great and the fact that everyone found their significant other was really satisfying - especially the Sawyer/Juliet scene at the candy machine where she was saying they should get coffee and go dutch just like her ramblings in the first episode of the season when she died. Awesome stuff.

I thought it was a good finale, but I was hoping for something GREAT. I guess my expectations were too high, but then again the show never should have set the bar so high with some of those stellar seasons/episodes!

I did find it interesting how a lot of the flashback memory sequences that characters went through were almost exclusively from the first 3 seasons.

I suppose I simply wanted more of a sci-fi slant to the ending instead of the spiritual journey that was season 6. Also there were some really big holes in the way they handled some of the characters, but those are just minor gripes that I don't even want to nitpick on.

Oh well, I sincerely hope the success of Lost leads to more heavily serialized shows in the same vein.

[quote name='javeryh']OK, I haven't had time to read much about it yet but my interpretation is that
the alternate universe was some sort of purgatory that took place in their heads or whatever and since it was "without time" everyone met up at the church after they died (and were "awakened" in the alternate universe) to cross over to heaven together. Jack died on the island in the final scene, everyone else who died previously was actually dead (Locke, Juliet, Boone, Shannon, etc.), Hurley and Ben lived out their lives on the island but eventually died and Claire, Kate, Richard, Lapidus Sawyer and Miles made it off the island and lived out their lives for a number of years (Kate told Jack "I missed you so much" implying that it had been a long time since they saw each other). Ben didn't go in the church because he wasn't fully redeemed or whatever - he still had to repent or something in order to pass on to heaven. I'm not sure where Desmond fits in or HOW he fits in. I thought it was great and the fact that everyone found their significant other was really satisfying - especially the Sawyer/Juliet scene at the candy machine where she was saying they should get coffee and go dutch just like her ramblings in the first episode of the season when she died. Awesome stuff.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with this completely.

Hugo/Ben's Island(kind of sounds like Gilligan's) this fall on ABC?

I wanted to find out what happens to Hurley the most, and now he has the most open ending out of anyone. I know we won't get a sequel, but I hope they give some sort of after the Plug was put back in island story. Comic book, regular book, I don't care.

[quote name='Habbler']Hugo/Ben's Island(kind of sounds like Gilligan's) this fall on ABC?

I wanted to find out what happens to Hurley the most, and now he has the most open ending out of anyone. I know we won't get a sequel, but I hope they give some sort of after the Plug was put back in island story. Comic book, regular book, I don't care.[/QUOTE]

Lost is a gigantic media franchise. For better or worse (and I hope better) it is likely to continue in some form or another. Whether that's cool content which is actually nice for the fans and created by those who crafted the series, or lame cash-ins from ABC, I highly doubt we've seen the last of Lost.

[quote name='Dasflikko']

I did find it interesting how a lot of the flashback memory sequences that characters went through were almost exclusively from the first 3 seasons.
[/QUOTE]

i think that was on purpose. i think the writers wanted to leave it open and make you think it was some sort of alternative reality. it wasnt until the final awakening, jacks, that he remembered right up to the "present" of what we saw on the island.

[quote name='Habbler']Hugo/Ben's Island(kind of sounds like Gilligan's) this fall on ABC?

I wanted to find out what happens to Hurley the most, and now he has the most open ending out of anyone. I know we won't get a sequel, but I hope they give some sort of after the Plug was put back in island story. Comic book, regular book, I don't care.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']Lost is a gigantic media franchise. For better or worse (and I hope better) it is likely to continue in some form or another. Whether that's cool content which is actually nice for the fans and created by those who crafted the series, or lame cash-ins from ABC, I highly doubt we've seen the last of Lost.[/QUOTE]

the creators say its over, but theyve certainly left plenty of open scenarios to continue the story whether its through TV, books, comics or video games.

[quote name='javeryh']OK, I haven't had time to read much about it yet but my interpretation is that
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I got from it too, Jimmy Kimmel had a great theory which pretty much matches yours. I enjoyed the ending, I thought they did an excellent job. We already knew that they weren't going to reveal all the answers, as Disney wants LOST to continue in another form, whether it be books, games, or something else.

I say we get a Hurley and Ben spin-off, it can be a comedy, and Vincent the dog can talk but only talks when Hurley is alone...wouldn't that be awesome? :lol:

I love going to other forums and seeing people saying "OMG NO ANSWERS" or whatever kind of stupid bullshit opinions they have. It was actually a pretty easy to understand ending, really.

I am satisfied with the ending...wish it was better and at least answered some of the more interesting questions. Like what is the actual island, why does it contain so many elements that are out of this world and did we ever find out why Whitmore wanted to get back to the island so badly?

All he said was Jacob convinced him to not do whatever he was going to do, I thought it was a cop out to be honest.

My biggest thing is that they didnt really explain the motivations of many of the players here.

I guess Kate said it best "Seriously? Christian Sheppard?"

Worst last ten minutes ever. How much arrogance the writers have to practically eulogize their own show, as part of the show. I mean c'mon, at least Sam Malone turned off the lights...

I have read everything here and have thought about it, but here is my question.

My brain believes that one ending is 'correct' in that everything on the island was real and people died at one point or another and met in the church, especially evidenced by Hurley + Ben's "You were a good #2 and a great #1".

But what I don't really understand, and see anyone arguing about here, is why is it so obvious that that island was real and the real world was purgatory? Why is it so obvious to believe in a time traveling island with magic numbers and special rules between the light and dark and a secret cave with a plug to hold the island and a donkey wheel to move it through time? Why are we so sure that was all "real" and that that normal world was fake?

I'm not really even sure what I'm asking, which is why I waited on posting this. But basically, I understand what most of you have come to conclude and even pretty much agree with it. But why is it that we are sure to say that the island and all its wackiness was real, while the normal life was fake? With the touching of the characters leading to flash backs/memories, I can see how it has to make sense, just curious.

I guess I'm just saying how is it that we now believe in something so far fetched (a time traveling island with a purpose/mysteries) is obviously "true"? I want to say that that is part of Lost, making you believe in something you previously thought insane (Jack's revelation over the course of the series mirrors our own).

So did Jack mostly die from FLocke's stabbing and bleeding to death or was he dead in the cave. That whole sequence of him waking up near the water, stumbling to the bamboo fields, laying next to the dog, watching the plane above fly away seemed physically impossible

bread's done
Back