LotR: The Battle for Middle Earth (DVD) $9.99 at Amazon-Dead

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
$9.99
And I thought when they had it mispriced for $20 I was getting a good deal.
Edit: I would like to thank Mewcurano over at Gamefaqs for posting this deal at The Battle for Middle Earth board.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kaijufan']$9.99
And I thought when they had it mispriced for $20 I was getting a good deal.[/quote]

I wonder if they will honor it?[/quote]
I think they will. I ordered TBfME back when they had it mispriced at $20 and its still that price in my orders page.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Kaijufan']$9.99
And I thought when they had it mispriced for $20 I was getting a good deal.[/quote]

I wonder if they will honor it?[/quote]
I think they will. I ordered TBfME back when they had it mispriced at $20 and its still that price in my orders page.[/quote]

Well then, I just ordered it, lets see what happens. Thanks for the deal.

According to the Amazon Pricing Policy:
If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
I now have the CD and DVD version of BfME order from Amazon for a combined total of $40 including S&H. :)

Yeah, biut rememeber. This is being bought through Target, NOT Amazon. It says target when your order. It'll probably be under target's policy, and I think they're less aimiable.

It'll be $15 shipped. I know because I just bought it anyway! :)

[quote name='Kaijufan']According to the Amazon Pricing Policy:
If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
I now have the CD and DVD version of BfME order from Amazon for a combined total of $40 including S&H. :)[/quote]

Your quote of amazon is saying that if they are overcharging you, you'll receive the lower price if they made a mistake in charging too much. The next line says

"If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. "

Which means they reserve the right to cancel your order. But I still hope everyone gets it.

[quote name='"joystickz"']actually....
hmmm....

is this for like a companion DVD or something?

be careful....

check this link from Target as they list 2 different items...

I think this is the DVD version of the game, this is done occasionally with some of the larger games: Riven, Unreal Tournament 2004.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, the item numbers match (B0002VXW2K)
Nice work, Detective joystickz.[/quote]

post first.... sleuth later.

just double checking.

[quote name='Kaijufan']
Its being released on DVD and CD like how the Sims 2 was.[/quote]

ahhh....

yet they DO yield the same item number....

interesting.....

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='Kaijufan']According to the Amazon Pricing Policy:
I now have the CD and DVD version of BfME order from Amazon for a combined total of $40 including S&H. :)[/quote]

Your quote of amazon is saying that if they are overcharging you, you'll receive the lower price if they made a mistake in charging too much. The next line says

"If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. "

Which means they reserve the right to cancel your order. But I still hope everyone gets it.[/quote]
Woops. Well, it looks like Target's policy is about the same as Amazon's. I hope the order does not get cancelled.

Sweet. I think I'll order this, and pray they don't cancel it. I just need to get a DVD drive by then. Also, Amazon has it shipping Dec. 6, but target has it nov 15. Whats the right date?

Edit: It comes out Dec 6th. Amazon has the right date.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Does anyone know the specs for this game yet? I'm curious as to whether or not it'll run on my PC...[/quote]

Well if it won't at that price ebay becomes a nice lucradive option. (I'm not condoning buying 100 copies and trying to make a big profi)

Wow what a deal! I missed it last time when it was priced at $20, I just ordered mine and with shipping and tax came to $16.26!!! Awesome!

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Does anyone know the specs for this game yet? I'm curious as to whether or not it'll run on my PC...[/quote]
Its made by the same team that made Command and Conquer: Generals, using a modified version of the engine. The team has said they hope the specs will be pretty close to Generals.
Anyone think I should Email the target customer service and see if there is a chance our orders will be cancelled?

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I'm not sure. Yeah, it would be nice to have a positive answer, but maybe they won't notice it and we'll get the games for that cheap. Who knows.[/quote]
Well, I could email them and not say what the product was.

$16.06 for me. I've been wanting this game for a long time, I hope they do it better then Sony and Burnout 3...

*longs for Burnout 3*

I win the prize for cheapest order. $15.61. Not too bad. Also, its kinda weird that cheapest prices always come up on this game. First the regular version for $20, then this for $10. Kinda strange/weird, isn't it? The only thing is I still need a dvd rom drive. Oh well, those are cheap.

[quote name='guessed']Shipping kind of hurts, but it isn't nearly bad enough to kill the deal.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
$15 for a game that normally costs $50? Yeah, shipping DEFINITELY Doesn't kill it...

I jumped on this as soon as I saw the post, just in case it went poof.

And this one will sure test Amazon's price policy of fsck-ups.

Edit: Tossed the order from Amazon.com and did an order from Target. $14.57 with shipping.

Edit (x2): Shipping date is shown at Nov 22nd.

Awesome. I pre-ordered a while ago at the $20, and I just pre-ordered again at this price. I'll probably cancel the $20 and hope they honor this one.

I must be NUTS!!! I just preordered this even though I don't even like RTS games. I figure in case its not some genre bending amazing game, then I can sell it to EB and make 30-35 bucks...win/win situation, huh...

This is the biggest price messup I've EVER seen...and they better respect it. I didn't get it from target because they're slightly more legitimacy to amazon.com, even though they are somewhat tied together (their websites anyways).

AWESOME deal, and thanks for sharing it.

Placed and order here with a few other items I needed. Maybe they'll take it easy on me since i'm buying $40 worth of other stuff as well.

I'm almost positive they won't honor this however being on account that its a) through Target and b) a huge price mistake. If it was $20 or$ 30 off I could see them letting it slip maybe, but this prob no chance.

But how can they not honor it...they'll figure the mistake out soon enough, but I really don't think they can go against their own state policy. And it doesn't matter if its Target thru Amazon...its still Amazon.com, and they can't say, "we made a mistake and we're sorry, but we have to change/cancel your order."

amazon cancels orders with impunity. All you naysayers obviously have never tried to get in on a big price mistake by them like this before. Now it has hit a few boards and they will NOT honor it.

I am still ordering on the off chance that some random act of god makes this slip through their radar! :)

[quote name='dmanko']amazon cancels orders with impunity. All you naysayers obviously have never tried to get in on a big price mistake by them like this before. Now it has hit a few boards and they will NOT honor it.

I am still ordering on the off chance that some random act of god makes this slip through their radar! :)[/quote]
Yeah join the bandwagon, it'll be fun for the few days it lasts. Then we can all bitch and compare cancellation dates and emails.
:p

Nice, hope it gets honored, was seriously thinking of picking this game up and now I have a reason :)

bread's done
Back