LOTR: War In The North LE $39.99 @ Amazon 360/PS3.

Picked up a PS3 LE and going to give my regular copy to a friend... 40$ i really liked the game and the CE looks like its neat as far as swag goes.... (PS3 is almost sold out 1 copy left)

CE lovers be warned.....I bought this as I am a sucker for CE's and I love LotR. But is game sucks, it's generic fantasy 101, and the collectors items are ... Odd. The map is really nice, but the quiver is just awkward and served no purpose once the map,is taken out. The cd and art book are standard fare. just my opinion, granted. I say that unless you really want this game, wait until its cheaper.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']CE lovers be warned.....I bought this as I am a sucker for CE's and I love LotR. But is game sucks, it's generic fantasy 101, and the collectors items are ... Odd. The map is really nice, but the quiver is just awkward and served no purpose once the map,is taken out. The cd and art book are standard fare. just my opinion, granted. I say that unless you really want this game, wait until its cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It's 40 though, who cares. Plus if you don't like it you can always trade it in and recoup some money back.

Thanks OP.
tgvbhjkl

I would have to disagree on the comments about the gameplay, combat is solid, coop works great, loot was varied, lots of diff sets to mix and match.

Bestbuy has these for 39.99 in store as well if you can find one. Picked one up for PS3 this evening (last one in store) and asked about those mountain troll statues they were giving out at launch with them. Apparently they had a bunch in the back so they gave me one with it. Score!

Got mine in today and I'd say it's easily the best LE I've purchased. The cloth map, leather case. Everything is great. Much cooler than the plastic toys I got from Skyrim and Reach.

This is one of the best co-op games I've ever played. Extremely underrated. I feel like all the reviewers played it single player, which is absolutely not what this game was made for. That being said, obv I can't recommend it if you plan on playing alone. But splitscreen co-op or online co-op is a blast for this game.

Playing through this now on local co-op with the wife. Fun game but VERY buggy. Already had to start over due to saving issues and multiple times we have encountered game breaking bugs. Like i said, fun game but be ready for some frustration with this one concerning saves and what not.

[quote name='carldisc']Playing through this now on local co-op with the wife. Fun game but VERY buggy. Already had to start over due to saving issues and multiple times we have encountered game breaking bugs. Like i said, fun game but be ready for some frustration with this one concerning saves and what not.[/QUOTE]
That's what's keeping me from getting this... I love co-op games and LOTR so I'd be willing to forgive unspectacular gameplay if that was the only issue. But I've read that there's a lot of game-breaking and save-corrupting bugs.

Yeah, BB had these awhile ago for $39.99, no one seemed to bite or they just had too many in-stock. Also saw a few of these on AWD for $29.99 a few weeks back. Was tempted but don't know.. that pimpin' quiver is too much for me.

bread's done
Back