LOTS of Great preorder prices at Liongames.com (New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm

Great deals on Mass Effect,Bioshock,GTA 4,Spiderman 3,Halo3 and more !!!

I'm sure 99% of us CAGers have either posted on the old thread or wondered about the legitamacy of the website.For those still curious about that I can vouch for Tony (the owner) that not only it is legit the prices are amazing and the customer serivce is the FASTEST I've personally every experienced.

For those who have dealt with Liongames.com feel free to share your experience so others who are considering giving them business can get an imperession of how good the site is.

As Shrike4242 said on the last post of the old thread,33 pages is alot to search thru for answers so I'll post the answers to the 2 most faqs...

YES this site is LEGIT

Shipping is $5

Anything else you can contact Tony thru the link above.If the word of MANY CAGers (From the crackdown and spider-amn 3 pre-orders) and answers from the owner of a site is not enough to get your business then you can miss out on Tony deals,because I'm one of the many CAGers wont hesitate to jump on the deals he has provided.

I'm gonna contact Tony and see if he will have the following games available and if they'll be on his specials/on sale.I'll relay the info back to you guys once I hear from him.

Two Worlds (Collector's Edition) MSRP $69.99
Grand Theft Auto (Special Edition) MSRP $89.99

Hey Tony any update on when Mass Effect is shipping yet? I see you are still showing June, was wondering if have gotten any info yet, cause I need to pay off my pre-order if it really is June 19th.

I got a relpy 2hrs after emailing Tony and he said he plans to have the CE's/LE's of Two Worlds,Assassin's Creed and GTA 4 available on his site.Pricing for Two Worlds will be up soon and once he gets a price from his distributor for GTA4 and AC will put the prices for those on his site also.

I know Tony and he's an awesome guy. I don't think he'd try to pull a fast one on us. I myself am going to pre-order Halo 3 in the next couple days. I can't believe I found a deal like this.

Hey Tony, when can I preorder ncaa 2008(football) and madden? I always end up buying these games year after year even though they are inevitabley the same game. Thanks Jason

Preordering Mass Effect. That game looks too great.

Hey Tony any update on when Mass Effect is shipping yet? I see you are still showing June, was wondering if have gotten any info yet, cause I need to pay off my pre-order if it really is June 19th.

As far as I can tell, nobody has even announced a release date for Mass Effect :/ Most likely won't be til Fall.

[quote name='jayxmoneyx101']I know Tony and he's an awesome guy. I don't think he'd try to pull a fast one on us. I myself am going to pre-order Halo 3 in the next couple days. I can't believe I found a deal like this.[/QUOTE]

Wow, ANOTHER first-time poster. I don't have any problem being a dick here, so I'm just going to say it: If Tony's so great at responding to e-mails, e-mail him your questions and quit using the boards to rep one man's business and bump a thread. I even feel guilty bumping the thread by writing this reply.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Ok so the obvious question is has any tenured cag received a preordered game such as forza. That would confirm theyre legit[/quote]

Forza just came out Wednesday, so I am not expecting to receive it until sometime next week at the latest. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

jaso you are an absolute tool. so many of us have bought from him it doesnt matter about newly registered people giving feedback. the guy is legit.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']jaso you are an absolute tool. so many of us have bought from him it doesnt matter about newly registered people giving feedback. the guy is legit.[/quote]

pardon him for being concerned about the safety of his credit card information...

[quote name='velvet396']pardon him for being concerned about the safety of his credit card information...[/QUOTE]

I can't vouch for it's accuracy, but anyway ... from the site.

"Lion Games uses Paypal Pro to handle all their credit card transactions. We never see any of your credit card information. Paypal handles millions of transactions every day and is very secure. We let them do what they do best, which is process transactions, and we concentrate on what we do best which is selling video games and making customers very happy."

I want to jump on Halo 3 and BioShock but I'm concerned about how long after release I will receive them.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']jaso you are an absolute tool. so many of us have bought from him it doesnt matter about newly registered people giving feedback. the guy is legit.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to give you the response you're probably expecting, and I'm not going to resort to name-calling or pot shots because that's not why I've been posting in this thread. I'm not hurt/upset/offended you feel that way. I wasn't trying to piss you or any other CAGer off.

I also wasn't really questioning the legitimacy of Liongames as a store, but maybe the possibility of self-serving business tactics and the use of the boards as a tool (tool - get it?) to promote oneself. I mean, seriously, how many people are going to register just to post in this particular thread, on top of which, how many of these posters are going to register just to make their first posts in praise of Tony/Lionsgames - what exactly does it take to elicit suspicion?

Maybe Tony really is a great guy. And clearly he sells games that people have purchased and received. But please, don't be upset with me for assuming the role of devil's advocate. I was merely drawing attention to suspicious activity in this thread.

Well I decided to test the waters. I put a preorder on GTAIV for the ps3 its 10 dollars and a great price. So worst case I am not out too much but enough people vouged and my conversation with them went well.

Only time will tell.

I know there are plenty of you Liongames slappies out there but..

Tony is on record saying that he is losing money. Who is to say he doesn't lose enough to call his business venture a failure in the next year? All I'm saying is this...while you all are getting your games now, I am very reluctant to pre-order something coming out this Winter.

[quote name='z38gm']Well I decided to test the waters. I put a preorder on GTAIV for the ps3 its 10 dollars and a great price. So worst case I am not out too much but enough people vouged and my conversation with them went well.

Only time will tell.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm talking about - check his total number of posts.

We are on the same level here jaso. Message boards are meant to share experiences and opinions, and unfortunately people do not understand that concept. One shouldn't be considered a tool because of skepticism.

[quote name='jhaymond1']We are on the same level here jaso. Message boards are meant to share experiences and opinions, and unfortunately people do not understand that concept. One shouldn't be considered a tool because of skepticism.[/quote]

I agree completely that no one should be calling anyone names, and jaso has every right to voice his opinion. Just like at an anti-war rally pro-war people have the right to voice their opinions(respectfully). But for you to tell us what message boards are meant for is kinda . .well overstepping. I am just wondering since this website was set up, this board in particular, to share deals, who you are to tell us that we shouldn't be talking up a business after we have had great experiences. Message boards are meant for and capable of alot more than just sharing experiences and opinions, but to share information. just had to voice my opinion. (I expect to be flamed now by both of you).

No flaming will be done. I am a mature adult who respects others opinions on matters. With that said, maybe I should have added.."share experiences, opinions, and in general, information." Hopefully that covers all ends of the spectrum. I apologize for overstepping my line. You may now have the conch shell.

[quote name='jpbumich']I agree completely that no one should be calling anyone names, and jaso has every right to voice his opinion. Just like at an anti-war rally pro-war people have the right to voice their opinions(respectfully). But for you to tell us what message boards are meant for is kinda . .well overstepping. I am just wondering since this website was set up, this board in particular, to share deals, who you are to tell us that we shouldn't be talking up a business after we have had great experiences. Message boards are meant for and capable of alot more than just sharing experiences and opinions, but to share information. just had to voice my opinion. (I expect to be flamed now by both of you).[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm not here to flame you. That was actually a relatively intelligent and well-written post, and I can respect that. I only speak on the side of caution and point out things that seem suspicious. Like, for instance, why all your posts have been exclusively in Lionsgames threads. All 15 of them since you registered in 2005. Again, I'm not name-calling or being mean, I'm just pointing out suspicion.

[quote name='jaso']Like, for instance, why all your posts have been exclusively in Lionsgames threads. All 15 of them since you registered in 2005. Again, I'm not name-calling or being mean, I'm just pointing out suspicion.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='z38gm']Well I decided to test the waters. I put a preorder on GTAIV for the ps3 its 10 dollars and a great price. So worst case I am not out too much but enough people vouged and my conversation with them went well.

Only time will tell.[/quote]

:lol: As soon as Jaso made that post about being skeptic this guy with one post (ONLY in this thread) comes in out of nowhere. Wow.

[quote name='jaso']Dude, I'm not here to flame you. That was actually a relatively intelligent and well-written post, and I can respect that. I only speak on the side of caution and point out things that seem suspicious. Like, for instance, why all your posts have been exclusively in Lionsgames threads. All 15 of them since you registered in 2005. Again, I'm not name-calling or being mean, I'm just pointing out suspicion.[/quote]

I respect your restraint in not flaming, but also, I would like to point out/clarify the research you did on me. I did register in 2005, and Tony wasn't even in business (as an online retailer) then, and I was actually a lurker for about a year before I actually registered. When I did register it was to post in another thread that has since been deleted (I should have another few posts.) (I responded to someone who wanted live trial codes, and the thread was moved and then deleted, but that’s irrelevant). I am sorry I haven't been more vocal on the boards, I only responded to this one to retell an abnormal experience. Most of the time you only hear bad experiences by people, and for once I wanted to spread the word on a great experience. Since then I have posted several times trying to tell people. I am not just trying to help someone else scam them. It’s actually making me regret ever having tried to say a nice thing about a small businessman. You’ve been respectful and not resorted to the name calling prevalent on boards of this nature, so I'd like to say thanks for that, but maybe you should just call/write Tony yourself to ease your fears. Well that’s all I had to say.

On a side note this thread really doesn't belong on the deals boards, it has gone into way too many other topics.

"lots of great deals on a website" is not a specific CAG deal. if LG has great prices and general deals, great. I just don't think this particular thread fits what this board is really for, specific deals for CAGs

Honestly I don't know which board this thread should be moved to, but this ongoing discussion really doesnt apply here.

[quote name='expane']On a side note this thread really doesn't belong on the deals boards, it has gone into way too many other topics.

"lots of great deals on a website" is not a specific CAG deal. if LG has great prices and general deals, great. I just don't think this particular thread fits what this board is really for, specific deals for CAGs

Honestly I don't know which board this thread should be moved to, but this ongoing discussion really doesnt apply here.[/quote]

Being that liongames has monthly DEALS,I figured that it did belong in the DEALS section although I didnt post the specifc deals in the thread.I link I provided takes you right to main page that has banner showing all the current specials (on games like halo3,mass effect,bioshock,GTA4,Assassin's Creed,Two Worlds just to name a few).I do agree with you though the last 10-20 posts have been more or less jus flame wars so if mods feel it neccessary please move the thread somewhere else if it doesnt belong here.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Being that liongames has monthly DEALS,I figured that it did belong in the DEALS section although I didnt post the specifc deals in the thread.I link I provided takes you right to main page that has banner showing all the current specials (on games like halo3,mass effect,bioshock,GTA4,Assassin's Creed,Two Worlds just to name a few).I do agree with you though the last 10-20 posts have been more or less jus flame wars so if mods feel it neccessary please move the thread somewhere else if it doesnt belong here.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen anything "flameworthy" in the past 10 posts - nobody has bashed Liongames or these deals, only questioned the validity of some posts/posters. I do agree with you on something, though - I think we should have a mod look into this thread.

Well, from reading this thread:
It seems there are some established users that have ordered and had no problems, but I too am wondering about these first time posters with the praises? Weird, since I don't think there were any bad reports.

And a question for Tony (if he is still reading this?):
Why no RE 4 for Wii? Would love to see THAT as a pre-order below retail :D
Perhaps it was there and is sold out now. Doesn't seem to be anything at the cheap prices besides 360 stuff anyway, which I don't have :p

Oh, and I suggest you somehow combine the pre-order ($10 down), pre-order ($full) into one page.

[quote name='jaso']I haven't seen anything "flameworthy" in the past 10 posts - nobody has bashed Liongames or these deals, only questioned the validity of some posts/posters. I do agree with you on something, though - I think we should have a mod look into this thread.[/quote]

No I meant people have been flaming each other,not the topic or liongames.The thread was made to raise awareness of there deals.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I dont see why people have resort to name-calling if someone else's opinion varies from theres.

lol, i love how he talked abuot first time poster, and right after him a first time poster postd orering something, haha. irony

[quote name='slickkill77']Why wouldnt this belong in the deals thread? Because it doesnt say GTA4 for 42.99 or halo 3 for 39.99? Your logic is flawed there[/QUOTE]

halo and GTA have nothing to do w/ this thread.

This board is for "specific game deals"

"lots of deals at websiteABC.com" not = specific game deal

Why not just have a thread for every website on the net w/ some preorder deal?

"Lots of great deals at gamestop.com"
"lots of great deals at monoprice.com"
"lots of great deals at newegg.com"

see how absurd that would get?

If there is a specific good deal at liongame, this board would be the place to post it.

but a 7 page discussion about the pros and cons of this business is absolutely 100% not a "specific game deal" and becomes not very useful for the purposes of CAGs

even this side discussion itself further proves that this thread is absolutely off topic

The first thread was about GTA, Bioshock and Mass Effect for $40. It grew to 500 posts and shrike said make a new thread about his site.

[quote name='expane']halo and GTA have nothing to do w/ this thread.

If there is a specific good deal at liongame, this board would be the place to post it.

but a 7 page discussion about the pros and cons of this business is absolutely 100% not a "specific game deal" and becomes not very useful for the purposes of CAGs

even this side discussion itself further proves that this thread is absolutely off topic[/quote]

even this side discussion itself further proves that this thread is absolutely off topic[/quote]

I do agree the thread has gone off topic abit as of late but I just made it to make users aware of the deals on liongames and as long as people are posting here then awareness will grow.I dont agree that there would be lots of vague threads with pre-order deals because your comparing a site selling Halo3 for $40 to sites like newegg,monoprice and GAMESTOP?? You gotta be kidding me on that...There isnt any pre-order deals on those sites even CLOSE to the MULTIPLE pre-order deals (and used game prices) on liongames.Bottom line is its takes two seconds to click on the link and see all the different deals that are available.If you dont wanna take two seconds to see if there is deal to your liking because I didnt write out each individual deal and names of games in the thread title then thats your problem/business.

even this side discussion itself further proves that this thread is absolutely off topic[/QUOTE]

You are so far off base it's not even funny ... first off there is no "specific game deals" there is just "Video Game Deals" hence that is where this is posted. Secondly, how many post are about multi game sales and/or clearances? If things were done the way that you are implying they should be there'd be 50+ threads for the "Circuit City June clearance UPDATED 6/1" thread alone ... instead of only one, just like this one.

I would simply propose a NEW TOPIC for every month Liongames puts up there Month specials..

Beginning of May...new topic
Beginning of June..new topic

See?? It would work, I promise.

[quote name='jhaymond1']I would simply propose a NEW TOPIC for every month Liongames puts up there Month specials..

See?? It would work, I promise.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY what I was talking about

see how BB/CC/TRUS all have specific timed deal threads that are useful?

This thread has become nothing but arguing

[quote name='jhaymond1']I would simply propose a NEW TOPIC for every month Liongames puts up there Month specials..

See?? It would work, I promise.[/quote]

I agree,that would alot better than just one massive thread.

[quote name='expane']EXACTLY what I was talking about

see how BB/CC/TRUS all have specific timed deal threads that are useful?

This thread has become nothing but arguing[/quote]

Only when people like yourself hijack it to argue your pointless agenda.

Tony's site is awesome, Tony is awesome, and he's worth sticking up for.

If you'd bought from him before, you'd realize you're spinning in circles for no reason other than because you had to scroll past ONE EXTRA POST on the deals page.

:roll:

[quote name='ajservo1']Only when people like yourself hijack it to argue your pointless agenda.

Tony's site is awesome, Tony is awesome, and he's worth sticking up for.

If you'd bought from him before, you'd realize you're spinning in circles for no reason other than because you had to scroll past ONE EXTRA POST on the deals page.

:roll:[/QUOTE]
You two fvckin?

[quote name='ajservo1']Only when people like yourself hijack it to argue your pointless agenda.

Tony's site is awesome, Tony is awesome,

:roll:[/QUOTE]

post that garbage on his myspace page

do not poison CAG w/ that nonsense leg humping

fuel for the fire, i'm sure, as i'm relatively new here...

i preordered forza 2 back when he had the "trade 3 games in, get forza 2 for $37.99" deal going. i sold him four games, and he credited my account after inspection. fast forward to today, i check my mailbox and lo and behold, my copy of forza 2 neatly packaged in a padded envelope, with a nice thank you written on the invoice.

i'm in nyc, so the shipping was pretty quick (postmarked may 31) even if it is standard usps.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Ok so the obvious question is has any tenured cag received a preordered game such as forza. That would confirm theyre legit[/QUOTE]

its been confirmed as legit dozens of posts ago, that isnt the problem w/ this thread.

the problem w/ this thread is it is a useless dumping ground for n00b CAG praise on a website + arguments + "I traded in 3 games and got a new game for only $40!" posts

[quote name='expane']its been confirmed as legit dozens of posts ago, that isnt the problem w/ this thread.

the problem w/ this thread is it is a useless dumping ground for n00b CAG praise on a website + arguments + "I traded in 3 games and got a new game for only $40!" posts[/quote]

and a useless dumping ground for self-involved "veterans" to contribute nothing and bump up their post count, apparently. thanks for visiting the internets today.

I just grabbed Sonic and the Secret Rings on Wii, $31.49 shipped for a pre-owned copy.

Not a bad price, plus I get to show an independant retailer some love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back