LOTS of Great preorder prices at Liongames.com (New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm

Great deals on Mass Effect,Bioshock,GTA 4,Spiderman 3,Halo3 and more !!!

I'm sure 99% of us CAGers have either posted on the old thread or wondered about the legitamacy of the website.For those still curious about that I can vouch for Tony (the owner) that not only it is legit the prices are amazing and the customer serivce is the FASTEST I've personally every experienced.

For those who have dealt with Liongames.com feel free to share your experience so others who are considering giving them business can get an imperession of how good the site is.

As Shrike4242 said on the last post of the old thread,33 pages is alot to search thru for answers so I'll post the answers to the 2 most faqs...

YES this site is LEGIT

Shipping is $5

Anything else you can contact Tony thru the link above.If the word of MANY CAGers (From the crackdown and spider-amn 3 pre-orders) and answers from the owner of a site is not enough to get your business then you can miss out on Tony deals,because I'm one of the many CAGers wont hesitate to jump on the deals he has provided.

Alright, I just pre-ordered BioShock, Mass Effect, and GTAIV. Most of those I know are going to be big sellers, and while the prices are great I would hate to be stuck waiting for a second shipment. How likely is it that this will happen?

[quote name='dmaul1114']liongames,

Minor nitpick here. The front page of the site says "Preorder either of these games for as low as $xx.ss."

Either is only grammatically correct when there are only 2 options. There are three games pictured, so it should say "Any" rather than "Either."[/quote]
Actually you are incorrect.He was refering to GAMES,not "OPTIONS".All-Pro Football 2k8 for ps3 and xbox 360 are different OPTIONS yes,but as you quoted the site says GAMES and they are the exact same GAME just for different systems.If the site would have stated "Pre-order either of these OPTIONS" you would be correct,but since it says "Pre-order either of these GAMES" and only 2 Games are pictured EITHER is the correct term.I usually dont care about these things but it does get annoying when someone tries to dissect every little thing instead of taking them at face value......

[quote name='Cable387']Alright, I just pre-ordered BioShock, Mass Effect, and GTAIV. Most of those I know are going to be big sellers, and while the prices are great I would hate to be stuck waiting for a second shipment. How likely is it that this will happen?[/quote]That is the same worry and concern that I have.

[quote name='Cable387']Alright, I just pre-ordered BioShock, Mass Effect, and GTAIV. Most of those I know are going to be big sellers, and while the prices are great I would hate to be stuck waiting for a second shipment. How likely is it that this will happen?[/QUOTE]
As far as I have read, these PO's should all be in the first shipment as he is using these numbers to know exactly how many to order. Now if his dist. doesn't come through may be a different question. But I just put down for GTA and Bioshock.

Anyone know if you preorder, but don't pay for the complete price just the 10 bucks if when you do have to pay for it you will have to pay the full 59.99 or will you pay the 39.99 for h3/bioshock?

Honestly, if you can't find it the numerous times its been listed in this thread, you need to kill yourself.

[quote name='ighosty']Anyone know if you preorder, but don't pay for the complete price just the 10 bucks if when you do have to pay for it you will have to pay the full 59.99 or will you pay the 39.99 for h3/bioshock?[/quote]

Hey Tony, I'm relatively local in CT, about 50 minutes away from your winstead store. If I preorder, do I have the option of picking up the game instead of getting it shipped?

[quote name='Maddgief']We need a Stranglehold on 360 Pre-Order deal!

Make it so, numba wun![/QUOTE]

Definite ditto! :)

Just POed Madden too...so that makes my PO total at Madden, Halo, and GTA. Will probably be doing Mass Effect and maybe Bioshock too :whistle2:S

Just in case there are still any skeptics...I just got in my Rainbow 6 & Darkness! Yay! :)

liongames.jpg

[quote name='argyle']Just in case there are still any skeptics...I just got in my Rainbow 6 & Darkness! Yay! :)

liongames.jpg
[/quote]

how long did it take for you to get it?

[quote name='United_Korea']how long did it take for you to get it?[/QUOTE]

Ummm...R6 & Darkness released this week...I got them today....

Yeah I got my The Darkness for the 360 early this morning. To bad he doesn't sell digital cameras because I could one of those right now.

[quote name='LxLegend']Yeah I got my The Darkness for the 360 early this morning. To bad he doesn't sell digital cameras because I could one of those right now.[/quote]

Too bad he doesn't sell 50 inch plasma or lcd tvs because I could use one of those ;) All these great games and I'm enjoying them on an old 32" piece of junk.

[quote name='kobeisgod']Too bad he doesn't sell 50 inch plasma or lcd tvs because I could use one of those ;) All these great games and I'm enjoying them on an old 32" piece of junk.[/quote]

My biggest tv is 27 inches.:roll:

hey im using a 32 inch standard def tv.....and before this goes OT....
damn liongames pre order prices..im also tempted to pre order assasins creed lol

I'd like to add my $0.02 and say that it was a pleasure doing business with Tony and his company for my copy of "The Darkness". It shipped on Thursday and arrived at my apartment on Saturday.

I decided to make a CAG account after I was told by Cable387 on the IGN boards (I'm SFLUFAN there too) about this thread and wanted to contribute by putting in my testimonial too!

I've gone ahead and pre-ordered the Halo 3 LE and made deposits on GTA IV and Mass Effect. Now if only you carried PC games (my main gaming platform), Tony, I'd never have to darken the doors of GS/EB again!

Thank you again and I look forward to doing more business with you in the future!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to come and post that I too have ordered from liongames and I have nothing but great things to say about it. I ordered WWE 2007 for 360 USED for 20 bucks and I got it in a few days. He has newegg type of shipping or something. I ordered it on friday, it SHIPPED same day and got it today at my office. I even got a lil note from Tony saying thanks for shopping and I will be doing ALL of my business from him for now on. There is no excuse not to buy from this site, the man is amazing and the game looks brand new like he just pulled the shrinkwrap off and labaled it used. I will post pics of the condition of the disk when I get home but I wanted to say thank you to Tony at Liongames and come next week im going to be ordering a buttload of games.

Oh and I live in NY if that has anything to do with the shipping.

Well, I went ahead and preordered the big 3: Mass Effect, Bioshock, and GTA4. I know I will be buying them when they release, so this way that is one less thing I have to worry about. Plus, the price is unbeatable, and the company has been proven to be legitimate and reputable (in my estimation, at least).

One more for the ranks, Tony. Same as the others; if you do me right on this deal, you'll have my business for life. Well, at those prices you will. ;)

[quote name='the ender']if you do me right on this deal ...[/QUOTE]

lol ... noooo not again! Is it getting all Kingdom Hospital on us in here again?

"Do me a solid and I'll do you a solid" - Antibus

[quote name='the ender']Same as the others; if you do me right on this deal, you'll have my business for life. Well, at those prices you will. ;)[/quote]

Why won't people stop saying this...he's not a prostitute.

[quote name='sflufan'] .

I decided to make a CAG account after I was told by Cable387 on the IGN boards (I'm SFLUFAN there too) about this thread and wanted to contribute by putting in my testimonial too!

[/QUOTE]

I really wish you didn't . this is the VIDEO GAME DEALS board, not the testimonial/ ass kissing board.

You bought a game and the company didnt scam you, HOOOOOO RAAAAYYYY ALLEN

lets make another 500 posts about it people, its the best!

[quote name='expane']I really wish you didn't . this is the VIDEO GAME DEALS board, not the testimonial/ ass kissing board.

You bought a game and the company didnt scam you, HOOOOOO RAAAAYYYY ALLEN

lets make another 500 posts about it people, its the best![/quote]

^^^ - Alright...

Tony got my copy of Harry Potter to me in record time. Now I've got something to do tomorrow when it's hot outside.

Thanks Tony!

I don't know how he has time to keep track of all these emails he surely gets and responds to, but more power to him. I'm glad no local retailer can match him on prices. I'd check Lion Games before coming here looking for a deal.

[quote name='ajservo1']^^^ - Alright...

Tony got my copy of Harry Potter to me in record time. Now I've got something to do tomorrow when it's hot outside.

Thanks Tony!

I don't know how he has time to keep track of all these emails he surely gets and responds to, but more power to him. I'm glad no local retailer can match him on prices. I'd check Lion Games before coming here looking for a deal.[/QUOTE]

I see something brown on you guy's lips, and it smells nuttin nice!

[quote name='expane']I see something brown on you guy's lips, and it smells nuttin nice![/quote]

Don't troll the thread, asshole. If you don't like what is being said, help yourself to two scoops of get the fuck out.

[quote name='the ender']Don't troll the thread, asshole. If you don't like what is being said, help yourself to two scoops of get the fuck out.[/quote]

Now you're trolling it.

*waits for somebody to tell him that he's trolling it*

[quote name='solsovly']Hey Tony, I'm relatively local in CT, about 50 minutes away from your winstead store. If I preorder, do I have the option of picking up the game instead of getting it shipped?[/quote]

Yes you could email me and we can make arrangements. My torrington ct store is opened till midnight so if you want to pick up halo 3 at 12:01 we could arrange that also!

Just so it's known, this post will probably be mistaken for bashing or reported to a mod by a Lion Games fan for deletion:

Posts #329 & 330
Back-to-back posts once again from first-time users/posters. #329 at least makes an effort to establish his credibility, but then Mr. 330 takes the Lion Games praise to another level. Read for yourself.

I would also like to ad that this entire thread feels kind of like an eerie version of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," and
jhaymond, expane and myself are a few of the few who have yet to be assimilated/drink the Kool-Aid.

It also reminds me of the time Sony got caught creating fake movie critics to praise its movies on promo posters.

Just pointing it out, yet again.

I was already in for Bioshock and Mass Effect but I've added Assassin's Creed, GTA IV, and Halo 3 to my pre-orders. Thanks for the deals!

[quote name='jaso']Just pointing it out, yet again.[/QUOTE]
Duly noted, but I'm curious why. Is your ultimate goal to have this thread removed and future ones prohibited?

[quote name='jaso']I would also like to ad that this entire thread feels kind of like an eerie version of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," and
jhaymond, expane and myself are a few of the few who have yet to be assimilated/drink the Kool-Aid.[/QUOTE]
From my screen, it seems like you are implying that anyone who chooses to do business with Liongames is incapable of thinking for themselves or making successful judgement calls. So, obviously, they need to be constantly reminded of the conspiracy theory that this company is up to no good.

The way these messages are written appear as if you and others have an axe to grind, not that you are serving as a public defender. That might not be true, but it is the impression I get.

Are the first-post evangelists suspicious? Sure, to an extent. But they seem to have hit some kind of nerve that I don't understand. Why are the similar posts by regular users not balancing this out?

Why are people who post their satisfaction here any different than the numerous other posts in numerous other threads about any given sale saying they successfully partook in the sale?

[quote name='kojubat']Duly noted, but I'm curious why. Is your ultimate goal to have this thread removed and future ones prohibited?[/quote]

Negative. Only to point out the suspicious activity within the thread to anyone who may have actually stumbled in here for the first time. Not stumbled in, then returned for a first time.

[quote name='kojubat']From my screen, it seems like you are implying that anyone who chooses to do business with Liongames is incapable of thinking for themselves or making successful judgement calls. So, obviously, they need to be constantly reminded of the conspiracy theory that this company is up to no good.[/quote]

You assume I think too little of any CAGer. I would, however, suggest any new customers to thoroughly research the company before taking the word of all the posts in this thread.

[quote name='kojubat']The way these messages are written appear as if you and others have an axe to grind, not that you are serving as a public defender. That might not be true, but it is the impression I get.[/quote]

Fair enough, but I can only assure you I have no bone to pick, nor an axe to grind.

[quote name='kojubat']Are the first-post evangelists suspicious? Sure, to an extent. But they seem to have hit some kind of nerve that I don't understand. Why are the similar posts by regular users not balancing this out?[/quote]

Because it's happened regularly enough within the same thread to arouse more than a little suspicion. I've pointed it out before, but the posts in which I did were deleted because it incited a brouhaha that resulted in moderator peace-keeping. This is an open target for rebuttal, I'm aware.

[quote name='kojubat']Why are people who post their satisfaction here any different than the numerous other posts in numerous other threads about any given sale saying they successfully partook in the sale?[/quote]

Those threads don't usually repeat the same praises for 17+ pages. Now, a good debater would turn that around on me and point to Lion Games' excellent customer service as the cause for 17 pages of praise, but it seems like it helps that the thread gets bumps from those suspicious first-timers in question. And on another note, it's gotten to the point where PMs would be just as effective, only it seems that Lion Games' regulars feel the need to publicly laude Tony and his business practices in some kind of hope that it will expedite their shipments, work to cut them a better deal, or a combination of both. Either way, it's gotten out of hand.

Again, that's just how it seems.

[quote name='jaso']Negative. Only to point out the suspicious activity within the thread to anyone who may have actually stumbled in here for the first time. Not stumbled in, then returned for a first time.

You assume I think too little of any CAGer. I would, however, suggest any new customers to thoroughly research the company before taking the word of all the posts in this thread.

Fair enough, but I can only assure you I have no bone to pick, nor an axe to grind.

Because it's happened regularly enough within the same thread to arouse more than a little suspicion. I've pointed it out before, but the posts in which I did were deleted because it incited a brouhaha that resulted in moderator peace-keeping. This is an open target for rebuttal, I'm aware.

Those threads don't usually repeat the same praises for 17+ pages. Now, a good debater would turn that around on me and point to Lion Games' excellent customer service as the cause for 17 pages of praise, but it seems like it helps that the thread gets bumps from those suspicious first-timers in question. And on another note, it's gotten to the point where PMs would be just as effective, only it seems that Lion Games' regulars feel the need to publicly laude Tony and his business practices in some kind of hope that it will expedite their shipments, work to cut them a better deal, or a combination of both. Either way, it's gotten out of hand.

Again, that's just how it seems.[/quote]

I have a hard time understanding why you care so much. If you don't want to give LG your business, then don't, but don't drop in from time to time to cast suspicion on the company just because you happen to have a problem with it. I think we are all big boys here, and can make informed decisions about where and when we spend our money. Furthermore, the company has been supported and vouched for by long-term trusted CAGers, so your beef with suspicious posts/users is a moot point.

Secondly, I think you misconstrue the intentions of the posters in this thread. "Lauding" Tony and LG is not the motivation, I believe; rather, I think it is an excitement about finding a reliable dealer with good prices, and letting other CAGers know that their personal experiences were positive. That is what this site is about, to a degree.

In other words, just back off. All of our minds have been made up, one way or the other, so please stop belaboring the issue.

[quote name='the ender']I have a hard time understanding why you care so much. If you don't want to give LG your business, then don't, but don't drop in from time to time to cast suspicion on the company just because you happen to have a problem with it. I think we are all big boys here, and can make informed decisions about where and when we spend our money. Furthermore, the company has been supported and vouched for by long-term trusted CAGers, so your beef with suspicious posts/users is a moot point.

Secondly, I think you misconstrue the intentions of the posters in this thread. "Lauding" Tony and LG is not the motivation, I believe; rather, I think it is an excitement about finding a reliable dealer with good prices, and letting other CAGers know that their personal experiences were positive. That is what this site is about, to a degree.

In other words, just back off. All of our minds have been made up, one way or the other, so please stop belaboring the issue.[/quote]

Respectfully, my posts aren't for your minds, they're for anyone coming into the thread late who doesn't want to scan 18 pages of posts. I'm not telling them not to order from Lion Games; on the contrary, please do. I would just ask them to make an informed decision, to do their own research beyond what they read here. If a hundred posters have the right to post, "Hey Tony, I just preordered Bioshock and Halo3," I think I have the right to post something as well.

[quote name='jaso']Negative. Only to point out the suspicious activity within the thread to anyone who may have actually stumbled in here for the first time. Not stumbled in, then returned for a first time.[/QUOTE]
As you say, fair enough. I don't really have an issue with being suspicious, but I've been following this thread long enough to notice that a few folks have been posting in this vein, with an additional statement that this thread shouldn't exist. My apologies for lumping you in with that, if it is not your intent.

[quote name='jaso']You assume I think too little of any CAGer.[/QUOTE]
Well, "yet to be assimilated/drink the Kool-Aid" does have a bit of a negative connotation. ;)

[quote name='jaso']I would, however, suggest any new customers to thoroughly research the company before taking the word of all the posts in this thread.[/QUOTE]
Generally a good idea for any online dealings with any company, regardless of their size or age.

[quote name='jaso']Fair enough, but I can only assure you I have no bone to pick, nor an axe to grind.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear.

[quote name='jaso']And on another note, it's gotten to the point where PMs would be just as effective, only it seems that Lion Games' regulars feel the need to publicly laude Tony and his business practices in some kind of hope that it will expedite their shipments, work to cut them a better deal, or a combination of both.[/QUOTE]
I think part of it is a general desire for the 'little guy' to succeed, especially in the video game realm. Additionally, I've noticed a few posts indicate they are posting to refute the point you and others have made - that is, they received their orders for discounted mechandise in a timely fashion without their bank account drained. Maybe there is some element of self-interest, but I guess I don't think that way.

[quote name='kojubat']As you say, fair enough. I don't really have an issue with being suspicious, but I've been following this thread long enough to notice that a few folks have been posting in this vein, with an additional statement that this thread shouldn't exist. My apologies for lumping you in with that, if it is not your intent.

Well, "yet to be assimilated/drink the Kool-Aid" does have a bit of a negative connotation. ;)

Generally a good idea for any online dealings with any company, regardless of their size or age.

Good to hear.

I think part of it is a general desire for the 'little guy' to succeed, especially in the video game realm. Additionally, I've noticed a few posts indicate they are posting to refute the point you and others have made - that is, they received their orders for discounted mechandise in a timely fashion without their bank account drained. Maybe there is some element of self-interest, but I guess I don't think that way.[/quote]

Words I can respect. Touche on the Kool-Aid thing - maybe that was a bit much.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Looks like some pretty good deals. Think I will preorder Mass Effect.

[quote name='jaso'] If a hundred posters have the right to post, "Hey Tony, I just preordered Bioshock and Halo3," I think I have the right to post something as well.[/QUOTE]

exactly. That and the fact that this thread has turned from the CAG MANDATED
"ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!"

Into "Lionsgames sent me the game I ordered, now I have a question I want to ask in a PM but decided to post it instead"

No other website on CAG has a 20 page thread of new users coming her specifically to confirm receipt.

We know LG is not a scam site, we dont need a 20 page thread about how its not a scam.

This particular board is for specific VG deals. Is it really being a hater to simply point out how this thread doesn't fit w/ the board is designed for?

We have already stated we have nothing against the website or those that buy from it. Its simply that this thread has become a useless blog/PM back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back