LOTS of Great preorder prices at Liongames.com (New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm

Great deals on Mass Effect,Bioshock,GTA 4,Spiderman 3,Halo3 and more !!!

I'm sure 99% of us CAGers have either posted on the old thread or wondered about the legitamacy of the website.For those still curious about that I can vouch for Tony (the owner) that not only it is legit the prices are amazing and the customer serivce is the FASTEST I've personally every experienced.

For those who have dealt with Liongames.com feel free to share your experience so others who are considering giving them business can get an imperession of how good the site is.

As Shrike4242 said on the last post of the old thread,33 pages is alot to search thru for answers so I'll post the answers to the 2 most faqs...

YES this site is LEGIT

Shipping is $5

Anything else you can contact Tony thru the link above.If the word of MANY CAGers (From the crackdown and spider-amn 3 pre-orders) and answers from the owner of a site is not enough to get your business then you can miss out on Tony deals,because I'm one of the many CAGers wont hesitate to jump on the deals he has provided.

[quote name='expane']This particular board is for specific VG deals. Is it really being a hater to simply point out how this thread doesn't fit w/ the board is designed for?

We have already stated we have nothing against the website or those that buy from it. Its simply that this thread has become a useless blog/PM back and forth.[/QUOTE]
In your opinion, would it fit your requirements if the OP were to specifically spell out the preorders on the first post of a Liongames thread? I personally don't see a problem with this thread, but perhaps that would make it more palatable?

Just about every other deal thread eventually gets to a point where the posts are mostly "I ordered Super Duper Game" and "I received Super Duper Game" - it doesn't make the original deal less valid as a deal.

Pre-ordering big name games at a discount is still a deal, regardless of how many posts are from new users excited about their experience with the seller.

[quote name='expane']exactly. That and the fact that this thread has turned from the CAG MANDATED
"ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!"

Into "Lionsgames sent me the game I ordered, now I have a question I want to ask in a PM but decided to post it instead"

No other website on CAG has a 20 page thread of new users coming her specifically to confirm receipt.

We know LG is not a scam site, we dont need a 20 page thread about how its not a scam.

This particular board is for specific VG deals. Is it really being a hater to simply point out how this thread doesn't fit w/ the board is designed for?

We have already stated we have nothing against the website or those that buy from it. Its simply that this thread has become a useless blog/PM back and forth.[/QUOTE]
But it does exist and we want it to continue. The Mods have expressed their interest in the deals offered by LG to stay in this thread or a format just like it. We don't have the owners for other sites or e-tailers that post on a semi-regular basis answering questions or posting new deals in other threads, which to me, that is a plus.

As long as we ask for new deals and Tony delivers then this does belong here.

just preordered, thanks for the great prices. I'm hopin to see lion games stores pop up next to my ebs now.

[quote name='jaso']Just so it's known, this post will probably be mistaken for bashing or reported to a mod by a Lion Games fan for deletion:

Posts #329 & 330
Back-to-back posts once again from first-time users/posters. #329 at least makes an effort to establish his credibility, but then Mr. 330 takes the Lion Games praise to another level. Read for yourself.

I would also like to ad that this entire thread feels kind of like an eerie version of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," and
jhaymond, expane and myself are a few of the few who have yet to be assimilated/drink the Kool-Aid.

It also reminds me of the time Sony got caught creating fake movie critics to praise its movies on promo posters.

Just pointing it out, yet again.[/quote]

Jaso, Did you see the movie THEY LIVE? Maybe everyone in the forum needs to get glasses.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would hope that your post doesn't get deleted. I feel everyone has a right to speak their mind as long as they are respectful about it. I don't feel your post is bashing. I am going to address it though. First of all the guy in 329 did start a post on the IGN board as well, and his join date is March 2003 which is 3 1/2 years before my website opened. I will include the link underneath but you may have to be a member to see it. As far as Post 330 is concerned ,you can pm a moderator and ask him to compare ip addresses if you want. I could email the customer and ask permission to post the delivery confirmation number since no personal info is on it, except for the city and state, But do I really need to go that far? I feel one of the reasons people are taking the time to say nice things about my website, is because when my site was first posted
on CAG it was met with some harsh criticism for no reason. So when a website is knocked for being too good to be true, and then people realize it is true, that makes for some interesting praise. As far as the threads turning into I got halo 3 from liongames, and I traded in such and such, and only paid such and such, it think there are plenty of threads up here that do that. The FYE brown bag thread, and the Gamestop trade 2 and get one free thread, has plenty of people discussing their experiences with the two companys. I see Liongames threads as no different. On top of this I am going to start some new hot specials next week, and send out a newsletter, so I am sure there may be another brand new thread that the CAGS will see for weeks. I hope this sincerely addresses your concerns about me and hopefully one day you and Expane will try the koolaid. I think you will be happy you did!

Tony

Yes, I did start the thread at IGN (where I'm a VIP because I occassionaly write freelance news stories for the website -- any story by Wade Steel is one of mine) and my intent was merely to show my appreciation for the great customer service shown by Tony and his company and encourage others to take advantage of his discounted pre-order specials. There was nothing nefarious or underhanded in my intent and I'm certainly not being given a "cut of the action" by Tony.

It is part of my desire to support an independent retailer who faces long odds in his success against established businesses like GS/EB -- it's called helping capitalism which I'm all in favor of!

I've ordered from Tony 3 times and I doubt I would've found his store if not for the 2 threads on this site.

So to bag on positive word of mouth as a good reason to pull a thread, well, you might as well call up EB and get your EDGE card renewed.

And picking on other posters doesn't win you any brownie points on this site. This site is about helping people and giving people advice on deals. I you wanna rag on someone or discredit a retailer, you gotta come to the table with more than "I don't like seeing all this positive opinion" as a reason to pull a thread.

Also, if there's any question to the validity of all these other customers who had a positive experience with LG, I'm sure CheapyD would've noticed the large influx of IP ranges coming from CT by now. IP spamming isn't untraceable you know.

Well-stated words, Tony. Thanks for not taking offense.

[quote name='ajservo1']And picking on other posters doesn't win you any brownie points on this site. This site is about helping people and giving people advice on deals. I you wanna rag on someone or discredit a retailer, you gotta come to the table with more than "I don't like seeing all this positive opinion" as a reason to pull a thread.[/quote]

Please don't take a position from a high seat with me. I've been here long enough to know what's frowned upon, and what's not. A brief scan of some of my past posts should reveal that. I didn't rag on Tony or Lion Games; read my posts more carefully, not just through the responses of others.

[quote name='liongames'] . As far as the threads turning into I got halo 3 from liongames, and I traded in such and such, and only paid such and such, it think there are plenty of threads up here that do that.

The FYE brown bag thread, and the Gamestop trade 2 and get one free thread, has plenty of people discussing their experiences with the two companys. I see Liongames threads as no different.

Tony[/QUOTE]

and every one of those threads becomes useless and no longer meets the motto of this board, stated at the top of the page

ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!

But you have a point in that this thread is no different than the 100s of posts bashing EB/GS so its one of those things where you are right.

However that doesn't make the "I bought the game and it came in a box to my house" posts any less *annoying* , certainly NOT LIONSGAMES fault, its the fault of message board trends. The past couple of years I have noticed VG message boards have trended into mini blogs.

Since every jackhat on the planet has a blog no one reads, people post what should be in their blog on mssg boards now.

Personally I don't like doing that, I don't think anyone really cares that I received my new DVD of Fallout compilation sealed, in a box and on time from www.nws-online.net with super fast shipping!

See how boring and useless that is? Thats our only point. We are not bashing lionsgames in any way. No one is BLAMING lionsgame.

However it is fair IMO to point out that useless PM and thank you posts do not serve this thread or this board well. IMO this thread was very nice when it was specific gaming DEALs.

I believe there should probably be a board on CAG specifically for game seller feedback/rating. We could have a lionsgames thread, and EB thread and amazon thread etc... w/ CAGs telling their experiences.

Of course the EB thread would all be about the crappy no case no book jones games and tips and tricks on how to make your own book/insert/cover

[quote name='expane']and every one of those threads becomes useless and no longer meets the motto of this board, stated at the top of the page

But you have a point in that this thread is no different than the 100s of posts bashing EB/GS so its one of those things where you are right.

However that doesn't make the "I bought the game and it came in a box to my house" posts any less *annoying* , certainly NOT LIONSGAMES fault, its the fault of message board trends. The past couple of years I have noticed VG message boards have trended into mini blogs.

Since every jackhat on the planet has a blog no one reads, people post what should be in their blog on mssg boards now.

Personally I don't like doing that, I don't think anyone really cares that I received my new DVD of Fallout compilation sealed, in a box and on time from www.nws-online.net with super fast shipping!

See how boring and useless that is? Thats our only point. We are not bashing lionsgames in any way. No one is BLAMING lionsgame.

However it is fair IMO to point out that useless PM and thank you posts do not serve this thread or this board well. IMO this thread was very nice when it was specific gaming DEALs.

I believe there should probably be a board on CAG specifically for game seller feedback/rating. We could have a lionsgames thread, and EB thread and amazon thread etc... w/ CAGs telling their experiences.

Of course the EB thread would all be about the crappy no case no book jones games and tips and tricks on how to make your own book/insert/cover[/quote]

Or maybe we could all stop arguing the validity of this thread and its posts, you can not come into this thread, and we can all post what we want to. Mind your own business, for Christ's sake.

[quote name='expane']and every one of those threads becomes useless and no longer meets the motto of this board, stated at the top of the page

ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS![/QUOTE]
This thread meets that requirement. Are you saying that the 'only create threads' part also means 'only create posts in existing threads'?

Or are you denying there are specific deals being posted?

[quote name='expane']Personally I don't like doing that, I don't think anyone really cares that I received my new DVD of Fallout compilation sealed, in a box and on time from www.nws-online.net with super fast shipping!

See how boring and useless that is?[/QUOTE]
I disagree. If that was a product I was interested in, I'd like to know that someone had a good experience with ordering from a particular retailer. Message boards are usually created to be community sites, not data dumps. You're supposed to get to know each other and converse about the topics at hand. On this site, it has the additional element of personal endorsement/condemnation when someone post their experiences. These deals don't live in a vacuum.

As far as questions being more suited for PM, I'm sure there are some here. But there are also others that would seem to be relevant to more than one person, so why not ask them more publicly? It's a common practice in business and education to ask questions in front of others, and if the details are too specific or personal, they can be redirected.

To me, it seems like you just have issues with the way people post on the internet these days, and this is a convenient forum to air those greivances. It's one thing to point out suspicious behavior, it's another to demand a thread be closed when other users obviously find it useful.

[quote name='expane']I believe there should probably be a board on CAG specifically for game seller feedback/rating. We could have a lionsgames thread, and EB thread and amazon thread etc... w/ CAGs telling their experiences.[/QUOTE]
I get where you're coming from, but I suspect it wouldn't do much to curtail the posts praising/hating a particular retailer.

Of course the EB thread would all be about the crappy no case no book jones games and tips and tricks on how to make your own book/insert/cover[/QUOTE]

If every deal thread went by what you're suggesting, they would consist of exactly two posts - one posting the deal, and one more from someone saying "yup, it's verified". Then nothing - the thread would sink like a rock never to be heard from again.

I posted my "I received my games" post because people in this thread kept saying that the only ones giving Lion Games any positive feedback were newbies. Well, I've been here almost 4 years and have over an 80 feedback rating here on CAG. I felt that me saying that they followed through (and quickly) would count for something. It didn't, of course - my post was ignored in favor of jumping to the next "newbie" post to point out & say "AH-HA!" about. That's fine.

Finally, let me say that a post saying "I got my stuff" is a lot more useful & on-topic than 50 posts bickering about the content of the thread...of which this one, sadly, falls into that category.

For people that traded games, how long does it usually take before your trades are evaluated? I sent my games about a week ago thru fed ex but they haven't been evaluated yet. I'm starting to get a little worried. I just hope fed ex didn't screw up the shipping.

If you shipped FedEx ground it could take awhile. I wouild just shoot Tony an email and he'll let yuou know the status to calm your nerves. You always have the FedEx tracking # as well.

Wow got a reply from Tony within couple hours! He said my gears was scratched (the only game I didn't get new, bought it from gamestop) but he cut a deal with me so I could still get full credit. Count me in as another believer.

Sorry if people want to know if something is reputable. He has great deals and is kinda new. Tony I was just wondering if you were going to do anything for Ace Combat 6 and/or with the flight stick.?

[quote name='slickkill77']Sorry if people want to know if something is reputable. He has great deals and is kinda new. Tony I was just wondering if you were going to do anything for Ace Combat 6 and/or with the flight stick.?[/quote]

My original thought is yes probably in august sometime but i want to check the size of the box. if it is anything like guitar hero I may not do a special. guitar hero was a pain to ship plus it was very expensive to ship. So get back to me on this one.

Tony

Of course the EB thread would all be about the crappy no case no book jones games and tips and tricks on how to make your own book/insert/cover[/quote]

I just like how tight this has bunched in your panties.

[quote name='slickkill77']K cool. Well you should at least do something on just the game by its self if not the stick as well[/quote]

I will look into it for sure

Tony

i preordered GTA IV for $50.87. what a deal. cant wait till release because the place is an hour away from my house so it should be here in no time.

trying to order BioShock but page keeps giving error :(

@liongames , aka Tony? :)

are u gona put some Wii games up there anytime soon?

- Metriod 3
- Super Smash (release date announced at 12/3/07)
- Mario Galaxy (11/?/07)

thanks

tony, now that i have my summer job and plenty of cash for games im gonna go ahead and preorder all the big games for 360 now while you still have great deals on them, and the prices are amazing, but i was wondering if you planned on running some kind of promotion along the lines of buy 4 games get 1 free...obviously im not complaining and dont mean to insult you or anything because all the positive feedback is very encouraging thus far, but i was just wondering if there is any type of bonus to ordering 4 or 5 games at once

[quote name='mn9500']i preordered GTA IV for $50.87. what a deal. cant wait till release because the place is an hour away from my house so it should be here in no time.[/quote]

Nah, Tony needs to lower the price by $5 and I will bite.

[quote name='oasisboy']Nah, Tony needs to lower the price by $5 and I will bite.[/quote]

dont bite, go to EB games and buy it for 20 dollars more with tax.

[quote name='UberCAG']tony, now that i have my summer job and plenty of cash for games im gonna go ahead and preorder all the big games for 360 now while you still have great deals on them, and the prices are amazing, but i was wondering if you planned on running some kind of promotion along the lines of buy 4 games get 1 free...obviously im not complaining and dont mean to insult you or anything because all the positive feedback is very encouraging thus far, but i was just wondering if there is any type of bonus to ordering 4 or 5 games at once[/quote]

Maybe saving on shipping? I think it's usually $5. He might only charge you $5 to ship all 4 games. Never know.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I just like how tight this has bunched in your panties.[/QUOTE]

very creepy dude, very very creepy

How is the shipping on Pre-orders. Are they shipped before the release date so they can be received by the release date, or are they shipped on release date? Got Halo 3 CE

just preordered halo 3 and bioshock with the 2-3 day shipping for like 93 bucks, what a deal, cant wait to go back and preorder mass effect, gta, assasins creed and all the other awesome 360 titles coming out soon

Tony msged me about Metriod appearing soon (1st week of August?) and will only be on for VERY limited time (week or so)
so be ready for that!

[quote name='xtchuh']How is the shipping on Pre-orders. Are they shipped before the release date so they can be received by the release date, or are they shipped on release date? Got Halo 3 CE[/QUOTE]

I believe he said he ships the day before

I see many of you on the first post say this site is safe, but how may of you can confirm they got their orders??? sorry I just saw this site FIRST time and I love it but can I trust it?

[quote name='Sejad']I see many of you on the first post say this site is safe, but how may of you can confirm they got their orders??? sorry I just saw this site FIRST time and I love it but can I trust it?[/quote]

Read through all the postings people have already made within this topic, many people have ordered and received games, from previously owned games to new games that have just come out.:roll:

[quote name='Hellu']Read through all the postings people have already made within this topic, many people have ordered and received games, from previously owned games to new games that have just come out.:roll:[/quote]

With pictures no less.

Hey Tony, any idea if you're gonna do a BioShock Collector's Edition special?

I have 5 games ready to order but I really want the Bioshock col. ed.

I've avoided this topic for some reason but now that I peek in here....hmmm $20 off Bioshock and Mass effect so both for $80 plus shipping?? I may have to think about this one. I would also like to know about collector's editions if you will have them?

I doubt they can get BioShock Limited Edition because it is an EB Games/GS exclusive. Of course, if he can, count me in :)

But, can you get Assassin's Creed Limited Edition? Nobody is taking pre-orders and there's been a rumor that may be an EB Games/GS exclusive, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back