LOTS of WB/HBO Box Sets - $5.99 @ TARGET (YMMV)

Cth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
SOURCE: DVD Talk Forum (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433459)

Found these at the Target in Belton, MO. I bought a ton of Dvd's and when I went back to get more, the signs were down for clearance. I'm posting a receipt scan just in case you all can get the same deal at your store. I'll have to get my mom's receipt but she also got Friends seasons 1-9 and Sex in the City sets 1-6 all for 5.99 too.

Yet again..... YMMV, or ability to persuade.

Oh, you might want to get a permanent host for the image too... all I could find.

OC: 5.99
Band Of Brothers: 5.99
Looney Tunes Season 1 & 2: 5.99
Macgyver Seasons 1 & 2: 5.99
Jaws 30th Anniversary: 5.99

scan2aw1.jpg

This happened yesterday and the glitch was fixed within 2 hours, this deal is dead. It was mentioned in another thread.

[quote name='Scorch']This happened yesterday and the glitch was fixed within 2 hours, this deal is dead. It was mentioned in another thread.[/QUOTE]
Some people on DVDTalk have reported buying them this morning so it's not completely dead.

[quote name='flowery']I will pay cost plus shipping for Macgyver 2 and one of the Band of Brothers.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's his receipt... he just cut and pasted the OP from the DVD Talk forums.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']fuck me in the ass and call me pissed...why can i never find these kinds of deals?[/QUOTE]

How about I just call u pissed and we draw the line there? :D

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't think that's his receipt... he just cut and pasted the OP from the DVD Talk forums.[/QUOTE]

That blows. Well anyone who can find this deal I would be grateful if anyone could pick me up one.

[quote name='lordopus99']I always miss out on the crazy deals... :([/QUOTE]

I know the feeling, I did not even see the OP yesterday, but congrats to anyone who was able to get in on this deal.

if anyone has any extra sets pm me i will pay 15-18 per set if i still need them. I would check but i can barely walk on my freaking ankle.. i doubt there was any in fort wayne, i was over there yesterday looking for cheap pc softwere and didnt see any signs or people grabbing

I found out about this yesterday, but was only able to get out today. I went to the target in perrysburg oh. scanned band of bros, macguyver, friends etc.. regular price.

But I was able to get jaws for 5.99 reg.16.99 not too bad although I REALLY wanted Band of bros.

I scanned Looney Tunes S2 at the Target in Madison, WI (west side) and it came up $49.99. (Donkey Konga 2 was also not on clearance for $15 ... sigh.)

[quote name='Msut77']I picked up 2 of the band of brothers.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in a set [trade, cash]. What, if anything, are you looking for in trade?

HOLY COW!!! If anyone is in San Diego, CA. GOTO THE TARGET IN MISSION VALLEY RIGHT NOW!!!

First i went to the one in College Grove and looked for BoB. The WAS price tag of 5.99, but some guy took it out to find if they had any copies of, which they didn't!

Then i went to Mission valley and even though the tag says 89.99, ask for a price check and it'll ring up 5.99!!!!

Although you might want to get there asap. I think i stirred up a bit of a commotion there. The cashier couldn't believe it. Some guy decided to get BoB as well just because it was so cheap. I went at around 1 pm today.

[quote name='strdr4']HOLY COW!!! If anyone is in San Diego, CA. GOTO THE TARGET IN MISSION VALLEY RIGHT NOW!!!

First i went to the one in College Grove and looked for BoB. The WAS price tag of 5.99, but some guy took it out to find if they had any copies of, which they didn't!

Then i went to Mission valley and even though the tag says 89.99, ask for a price check and it'll ring up 5.99!!!!

Although you might want to get there asap. I think i stirred up a bit of a commotion there. The cashier couldn't believe it. Some guy decided to get BoB as well just because it was so cheap. I went at around 1 pm today.[/QUOTE]

If you can pick some stuff up let me know. I will send money.

holy shit , i have wanted BOB for a long time but 100 bucks is just too much for a dvd set for me, 5.99? i wish i would have got this deal

I'll take a BOB or Gilmore Girls season 2 or 3 if anyone wants to work a trade or sell one to me send me a pm.

This is a little off topic, But this had me head over to DVD talk to see what it was all about. being I have never heard about DVD talk, I looked around there forums. All i can say I was certainly suprised to how poorly they all treat each other there. It really raised my respect for the professional attitude CAG carries itself in. Yes this site is about getting good deals, but you guys n gals help each other out and its not a cut throat feeding frenzy.

Keep it up and im glad to be aboard here....

If you are hesitating to check your local Target thinking its over, do so now, there were tons of box sets still coming up at $5.99 still at the Target in Lawrence, KS. I wasn't greedy I just made out with one of each that I, or my family wanted:

Friends S1-4,6-9 (missing #5 arg, for my sis)
Marry Poppin (2 disc set)
Spongebob Square Pants S1 and S2
Jaws 30th Anniverary Edition
Batman Animated Series V3
Joan of Arcadia S1
Newsradio Season 1+2
Mash Season 1+8
Pocahontas (2 disc ed.)
Monk S3
Sex in the City S1-4
Johnny Carson The ultimate collection v1-3

This was at about 1:30 PM CST

edit: Oh, and I don't think this was mentioned already, 3rd Rock from the Sun S1 rings up at $5.99 too, its too bad I already have it

YMMV on this deal. No dice in Savannah, GA as of 6:30. Scanned BOB, Spongebob, Sex in the City, OC, and several others. All scanned at the price checker for full price. Do they ring up differently at the register?

I'll pay $40 shipped for BOB if anyone is willing.

If anyone got extras of Jaws, Pocahontas, or Mary Poppins they wouldn't mind doing at cost plus shipping I'd be interested in those too. Doubt it though, :)

I want to go check target but I don't feel like driving ...

[quote name='6669']I got the Simple Life Season 1 at Target for $5.50 the other day. That's the best I can do.[/QUOTE]

You got gypped. I've seen both seasons and neither one is worth more than $5.49. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I want to go check target but I don't feel like driving ...

You got gypped. I've seen both seasons and neither one is worth more than $5.49. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well, I never got to see it when it aired, and this was about the same price to rent it. Now if they were underage......

[quote name='lordopus99']I always miss out on the crazy deals... :([/QUOTE]
Do you still live in Tallahassee? If so, the Target on Thomasville Rd did have quite a few good deals. I picked up:

Band of Brothers
Batman TAS Vol. 3
Fantastic Four TAS
Joan of Arcadia S1
Looney Tunes Vol. 1 & 2

They also had Little House on the Prairie S2-8 but I didn't bother with those. Everything else I checked was fulled price (and I checked everything). I'm specifically looking for The O.C. and maybe Monk and Newsradio. So, if anyone found those and is interested in any of mine, shoot me a PM.

Best of luck to all.

P.S. Jaws was $5.99 a few days ago but was still out of stock.

Well after reading this post and the one about the battlefield 2 demo, I decided to head out...Figuring if i don't score at target I can at least get a demo for me and my buddy. I proceeded to get a big haul and go the nearest scanner. I basically scanned most of all those titles that were mentioned in this thread. Another note was a damn clerk was "spying" on me so this made me mad. After I scanned a couple and saw Jaws ring up to $5.99 I asked the clerk if he could get me another copy b/c the one I found was kind of messed up so he could get off my a$$...he says if I scan it it tells me if there's anymore...of course no luck...I scanned 3rd rock and viola $5.99, clerk asks "did that ring up $5.99 and I said no"....so clerk seems to go nutso and goes to the section to find that dvd meanwhile I quickly scan the others and the only other one that came up was Joan of Arcadia....then I proceeded to haul A$$ to the FRONT of the store so I wouldn't have to bother with that other clerk....Lady rings me up and first question is...Is this to be put on gift registry? I gave her a look and say "What?" I'm paying with a Credit Card let's go...Then of course she comments on the prices and I calmly say "oh yea it's a clearance" and get outta there....I then remember I forgot to ring up BOB and Looney Tunes...so I go in undercover and find no luck there....I then decide to go to another Target and I see a "shifty" gentlemen perusing the aisles and I note he has Friends S1 in his hands....I do my thing again and pick up Friends as well...I then here him whisper w/someone else and he comes up to me and says "the scanner is over there" or something to that effect...and I ask "are you from Cheap ass or DVD Talk?"...he replies "Fat Wallet" and my feeling is immediately one of disgust...he does tell me that BOB rang up regular price as well as Friends S1...so he actually helped me out..of course I ring it up myself anyway..no luck...I passingly mention to him did you try 3rd rock? and he says well I don't like the show so I probably just sell it...and that right there is EXACTLY WHY I DESPISE fat walleters....I would like to see that picture that someone has mentioning don't mention any deals to them....so after that I went off on my own and what was really weird there was NewsRadio rang up for $5.99 while at the previous Target it didn't...?!?..go figure...I coped a NewsRadio...I got my buddy a copy of NewsRadio and 3rd Rock....and still saw the Fat Wallet guy leering around after he asked me "any luck?" and I said no..and checked out to a guy who DIDN'T even LOOK as he scanned my dvds...MY KINDA CLERK.....SO HURRY...Target might not be closing until 10pm or 10:30pm...I've gotta say this should be nominated for Deal/Goof-Up of the year...To those that capitalized and got the Band of Brothers, The O.C., Looney Tunes S1 and S2.... I say YOU LUCKY BASTARDS...

bread's done
Back