Louie: Season One [Blu-ray/DVD Combo] - $13.50 shipped at Fox Connect

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was browsing through the Fox Connect store and noticed they have the first season of Louie on Blu-ray/DVD for just $14.99 and if you apply the code FOXREG it brings it down to $13.50 and Free shipping.

That seems to be cheaper than anywhere else right now. If you haven't seen it, this show is hilarious. It stars Loue C.K. and it's sort of has a Curb Your Enthusiasm feel to it.

LINK (apply Code FOXREG)

And if you don't want to own the show, it's also available on Netflix

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it definitely a flipper? I saw that at fox but on amazon they mention it's 2 discs and the the cover says 2 discs too

51pbne13lFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[quote name='shrike4242']FoxConnect.com customer service is horrible. I highly recommend you avoid them at all costs.[/QUOTE]

Care to share a specific negative experience? I've had a few small issues with them (they mailed me a 10% off code that didn't work), but they were all resolved quickly and I usually receive my order quickly.

[quote name='unferth2']Use coupon code FOXREG for 10% off and free shipping.

$13.50 shipped. I bought one a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! added to the op

[quote name='tekalien88']Care to share a specific negative experience? I've had a few small issues with them (they mailed me a 10% off code that didn't work), but they were all resolved quickly and I usually receive my order quickly.[/QUOTE]I purchased three items from them on a single order, two of which were damaged in shipment, due to very poor packaging. The typical "DVD or BD-sized items don't go in a huge box without lots of padding/packaging materials" issue.

Initially, when I discussed the issue with them, they said that I would have to send the damaged items back to FoxConnect at my cost to get a refund or replacement. When I told them where they could stick it, they reluctantly agreed to sending out a pre-paid USPS Media Mail return label (my shipment came to me via UPS) to ship the items back to them for either refund or replacement.

If I wanted a refund, they'd process it when the package arrived. If I wanted a replacement, they wouldn't ship out the replacement until my items arrived, and before my replacement items were shipped out, they would unseal the items and open them up in advance of packing them, to verify that they were OK before being shipped out. Not kidding about that last bit. :bomb:

I then told them that I'd want a refund and would never deal with them again.

I've purchased from them a few times and the packaging was either a bubble mailer if it was a single item or cardboard if it was multiple items. In all cases the items were completely fine.

Your experience does sound iffy though, guess I will start paying more attention when ordering from them.

Thanks OP and thanks unferth for the code. Bought Louie along with Some Like it Hot for $22.48 total.

I enjoyed season 2 of Louie even more than season 1. I think that the show really improved. I've seen Louie's stand up live at the Improv. There's no other comedian like him.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I enjoyed season 2 of Louie even more than season 1. I think that the show really improved. I've seen Louie's stand up live at the Improv. There's no other comedian like him.[/QUOTE]

wait a sec..did we both see the same second season? I'm surprised the show didn't get canceled b/c of S2..with S1 you had something original, fresh and unique. With S2, its like they said, 'lets turn it up to 11 and do the same thing we did before, b/c that worked' Well S2, at least to me, ended up being a mess with no one central story line, guest comedians only showing up for the second half of the season..I would laugh my ass off multiple times on episodes the first season. Second season? barely even a chuckle..

I do want this set however, but after reading Shrike's story, I'll wait for a more reliable source to have it this low.

[quote name='token2k6']wait a sec..did we both see the same second season? I'm surprised the show didn't get canceled b/c of S2..with S1 you had something original, fresh and unique. With S2, its like they said, 'lets turn it up to 11 and do the same thing we did before, b/c that worked' Well S2, at least to me, ended up being a mess with no one central story line, guest comedians only showing up for the second half of the season..I would laugh my ass off multiple times on episodes the first season. Second season? barely even a chuckle..

I do want this set however, but after reading Shrike's story, I'll wait for a more reliable source to have it this low.[/QUOTE]

I like both seasons. What was the central storyline to season 1?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I like both seasons. What was the central storyline to season 1?[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing. It seems to me each episode in both season 1 and 2 are basically their own separate short stories.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I like both seasons. What was the central storyline to season 1?[/QUOTE]

LOL, IDK, maybe central story line wasn't the right phrase. I just remember liking the first season b/c it tried to tell the story of Louie..relationship with his daughters, trying to hook up with that one crazy chick, discussing his problems with comedy buddies..Then the second season only has his kids in there twice, the crazy chick twice, and a guest spot once or twice. It was basically the same stuff we've already seen. IDK, if there is a S3 I'll still be watching, but if not, then its probably safe to say S2 did the show in..

[quote name='token2k6']LOL, IDK, maybe central story line wasn't the right phrase. I just remember liking the first season b/c it tried to tell the story of Louie..relationship with his daughters, trying to hook up with that one crazy chick, discussing his problems with comedy buddies..Then the second season only has his kids in there twice, the crazy chick twice, and a guest spot once or twice. It was basically the same stuff we've already seen. IDK, if there is a S3 I'll still be watching, but if not, then its probably safe to say S2 did the show in..[/QUOTE]

None of that is true. His kids, and trying to hook up with Pamela are major focuses of season 2 and they don't appear in only two episodes.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']None of that is true. His kids, and trying to hook up with Pamela are major focuses of season 2 and they don't appear in only two episodes.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

For me, I thought the impact of the various stories was a little stronger in season 2. I especially liked the 1 hour episode where Louie goes to the middle east. I also laughed pretty hard during that one episode when he (spoiler alert) fucked Joan Rivers.

I loved the hell out of season 1 though (hence the $13.50 I spent to re-watch it). Thanks again OP.

Also if anyone here likes the show "Louie," they need to seek out and watch the show "Lucky Louie." Both shows have their merits, but Lucky Louie is very funny also. It's a sitcom and Jim Norton is freakin' hilarious in it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Correct.

For me, I thought the impact of the various stories was a little stronger in season 2. I especially liked the 1 hour episode where Louie goes to the middle east. I also laughed pretty hard during that one episode when he (spoiler alert) fucked Joan Rivers.

I loved the hell out of season 1 though (hence the $13.50 I spent to re-watch it). Thanks again OP.

Also if anyone here likes the show "Louie," they need to seek out and watch the show "Lucky Louie." Both shows have their merits, but Lucky Louie is very funny also. It's a sitcom and Jim Norton is freakin' hilarious in it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Lucky Louie is fantastic also. I picked it up from amazon a month or so ago and it's only $10 for the complete series.

[quote name='PohTayToez']I love this show so much... it's hard believing fox hasn't cancelled it yet.[/QUOTE]

Probably helps that it's on FX :)

Ordered a copy. I haven't seen any of the first season episodes and only watched a couple episodes from the second season. What I saw I liked though.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Mine came USPS today. It was in a small box and was in great condition.[/QUOTE]

Random question: is the case for the discs a DVD-style case or Blu-Ray style (as it appears online)??

I can only seem to find the series in a DVD-style case at stores in my area (yet it still includes both Blu-Ray & DVD versions of the show) and I'm curious if there actually is a Blu-Ray case version available.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Random question: is the case for the discs a DVD-style case or Blu-Ray style (as it appears online)??

I can only seem to find the series in a DVD-style case at stores in my area (yet it still includes both Blu-Ray & DVD versions of the show) and I'm curious if there actually is a Blu-Ray case version available.[/QUOTE]

Mine came in a blu-ray size case. Most stores around me sell it only in the blu-ray style case but I see amazon sells it in both versions.

bread's done
Back