Louisiana CAGs

Has anyone been to CompUSA and had any luck with their clearance on games? More Specifically, the store located on Veterans. I haven't had a chance to go check it out for myself, but figured I would check here to see if it is even worth my time.

I live in Baton Rouge. I don't know any gamers where I live. I used to know some gamers at my old high school, but I graduated and never seen them again. I usually go to Gameware. I just love the atmosphere in that store. I usually go there to watch people play DDR and Guitar Freaks. I don't buy a lot of games from there. I usually buy wallscrolls from there.

One day I plan to open my own gaming store. I'm not sure if it's going to be in Baton Rouge. It might be since people are trying to build this city up.

Hey my fellow Louisiana CAGS.

I guess ill be the first to post from the Western side of the state, im in Jennings.

Between Lafayette and Lake Charles so I have easy access to both, with Lafayette being the preferred. Im about 40 minutes from each, so if anyone finds good deals in those areas, let me know please.

BTW, I went to Target in lafayette about a week before Christmas, where one of the girls told me they had gotten a couple of xbox 360's that morning and encouraged me to check the Sunday morning. I didnt want to drive for 40 mins to get there and wake up at 7 in the morning, but I did, and guess what I was able to walk in the store (first in the door) and went right to the same girl and asked her if they had any, of course she said no we didnt get any, then she said im joking we have some, want one, I said of course, so I got one of the two premium systems there. So I suggest checking Target in the mornings. Ive been enjoying it ever since.

[quote name='blueaurora']We have two in the Shreveport-Bossier area. Make that 3!

Foh Shizzle! :) And no to your XBOX 360 thing![/QUOTE]

i never get deals in store around here although the bossier TRU has been fruitful on occassion. The shreveport CC may be the most disorganized store I have ever seen

[quote name='jlarlee']i never get deals in store around here although the bossier TRU has been fruitful on occassion. The shreveport CC may be the most disorganized store I have ever seen[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for that as well. Circuit City was worse when it was by the Walmart but they still are terribly disorganized. Their media department manager must just twiddle his thumbs or stick them you know where during his shift!

The last time I went to the Shreveport CC, I waited 10 minutes to check out with no help at the register just to get a few 10 Xbox games then went to put the game back. I went to the pet store and came back just to see if anyone showed up at the register and I swear there were 8 people waiting in line still with no one helping them. Plenty of red shirts saying hi to each other and even people in line and simply walking away. (I was only in the pet store for a couple minutes to look for food for my cat!) That store has the worst help and their customer service makes BB across the street seem like the nicest bunch of well-trained monkeys ever.

yea i'd even say BB has better customer service than CC which is rare in areas with both. Although I was grilled hard to upgrade the $450 laptop I got from BB a few weeks back

Yeah I went to the one in BR.
Pretty poor selection.
They hardly had anything I wanted.
I ended up with Test Drive 360, Val. Profile 2, and N.
The cool thing is that test drive was the free game.
Will be switching one of them out for Marvel on Wed

I was gonna try there Wed or later in the week. I wanted 360 games:
Splinter Cell DA
Tiger 07
Dead Rising, Oblivion or Scarface

A waste of gas you think?

[quote name='jer0009']Yeah I went to the one in BR.
Pretty poor selection.
They hardly had anything I wanted.
I ended up with Test Drive 360, Val. Profile 2, and N.
The cool thing is that test drive was the free game.
Will be switching one of them out for Marvel on Wed[/quote]

Any luck today?

Anyone in BR found guitar hero 2 at their local wal-mart.
I tried the one on Oneal no go.
SOmeone else posted that they found one in Livingston.
Be on the lookout guys

Ok will do. Did you happen to see Tiger 07, Dead Rising, or anything interesting for 360 at TRU on Wed? Why not just call the walmarts and check?

Just another Louisiana CAG here...

Has anyone seen Final Fantasy XII for sale early anywhere around here? I read on the GameFAQs message board that quite a few stores (target, circuit city, etc.) were breaking the street date. I've look at a few places, but I haven't had any luck yet. Has anyone else around here got thier hands on it yet?

Ex-southeast lousiana here
Baton Rouge, Metairie, La Place, and Slidell

you might remember me from various baton rouge eb games, and laplace gamestop....

Hammond here.
The EB/GS in Slidell are still giving trade in credit of 5 less than what they are selling the used game for. Very nice when they have B2G1 and then turn around and trade them back in and repeat.

Another New Orleanian here, every place of been too has been out of GH II bundle(still had the individual game), including the Best Buy I work at, guess it's more popular than Sony projected.

I was way out in Thibodaux yesterday, swung by the WM and saw plenty 360 mem cards w/Geometry Wars on them for $30.

Metairie here.

I used to work at Gametrader a LONG time ago, back when their pricing policy was, "Whatever it goes for on eBay." and they sold import games with pride. It really was great when it first opened. I have tried to go since I stopped working there but that store has gone to absolute crap since then. The price markup is 80-100% of market value! I recently went inside to kill time but watched in horror as the girl sold a woman and her daughter a copy of the Zelda Gamecube collection for $80! I wanted so bad to tell her that they had about 4 copies at a gamestop down Clearview for $40 a piece. I have been collecting for years and I still collect and I honestly cannot reason the markup or the insane business practices of Gametrader today. I could go on and on...

Anyway, when I lived in Baton Rouge for Katrina, Gameware was my saviour. It really is probably the last good videogame store in Louisiana that I know of. I still try to make pilgrimages every now and then.

[quote name='downsouth420']Metairie here.

I used to work at Gametrader a LONG time ago, back when their pricing policy was, "Whatever it goes for on eBay." and they sold import games with pride. It really was great when it first opened. I have tried to go since I stopped working there but that store has gone to absolute crap since then. .[/QUOTE]

which store did you work at? when?

Im all around currently living in new iberia, always in houma since i used to live there and im in covington alot because im moving there

Does that place along the Causeway approach (22) any good. I think its called Funland or something. I'm asking because whenever I stay in Madisonville with my brother there is never anything to do. On that note, are there any good arcades or fun places. i went to the Bounce House but the arcade there no longer had any good games. The website showed SVC Chaos and a bunch of other cool games, but when I went for my niece's BDay, all they had was an original Pacman.

By the way, I am looking to sell my Sega Genesis collection. I need the money to pay for repairs for my car. I am asking for $350. Upon research, the value is $500! Here is what you get:

Sega Genesis 1601 (Genesis 1) Missing Sega CD connector cover.
Sega Genesis 1 A/V
Sega AC adapter
1 Sega 6-Button controller
1 Sega 3-Button Controller
Thunder Force III
Lightening Force
Wonderboy in Monster World
Shinobi III
Dynamite Headdy
Shadowrun (missing Instr Manual)
Revenge of Shinobi
Phantasy Star III
Mercs
Growl
Whip Rush
Rocket Knight Adventures
Super Monaco GP
Zero Tolerance
Phelios
Target Earth
Truxton
Sword of Vermillion
Burning Force
Task Force Harrier Ex
Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition
Grind Stormer
Buck Rodgers Countdown to Doomsday
Fire Shark
Twin Cobra
Dark Castle
Thunderforce II
Phantasy Star II w/ Strategy Guide
Sonic the Hedgehog
Super Monaco GP II
Dune
Gunstar Heroes
Streets of Rage
Contra Hard Corps
Biohazard Battle

All games are complete with box and instructions except Shadowrun which is missing the instructions. If interested, drop me a line at 504-430-6054

Slidell here. Looking to find a Wii. any help is appreciated. missed bb, cc, tru, sams, fye today. any tips would help.

Plaquemine here (the town, not the parish), though I practically live in Baton Rouge, anyway. : p
Gameware is definitely one of my fav hotspots, though I admit it's mostly to go play DDR.

Oh, and it might be a good idea to check out the Cortana Mall location of Sears. I'm not sure if they're just clearing out certain games, or trying to phase out the games section, but there's QUITE a few nice bargains to be found. I picked up Rogue Galaxy for around $10, and I know I saw Phantasy Star Universe (Xbox 360 version) for about $12.

Not quite clear on what else was there, but it's a pretty nice selection of PS2, PSP, GBA, DS, Xbox, and Xbox 360 titles that's on clearance.

Houma, LA :)

if any1 got madden or ncaa 08 for the 360 price matched due to the circuit city error.

send me a pm and i'll buy it off you

[quote name='reaxn']Houma, LA :)[/quote]

Baton Rouge here, but a houma native born and raised. The gamestop in the mall down there is still one of my favorite gamestores, but gameware on college up here in BR is awesome. if anyone is looking to sell a copy of Bioshock im looking to buy. At least until Best Buy puts it on sale for $40 again. Oh and if anyone wants to buy a WoW account for cheap send me a PM for details.

The Fye on college by the interstate is liquidating all of thier games. 50% of reg price. They have some decent titles. check it out if you get a chance. I managed to pick up a copy of The Punisher, Batman Begins and XIII for 5 dollars each!:D

Downtown in NOLA.

I also used to work at GameTrader 5-7 years ago, when I was in high school. I started in the office posting on eBay and then moved to the Esplanade Mall location. I even worked there when they were filming "Runaway Jury" and put the "New Games" sign over the NES section.

Did anyone hear about a Palmetto woman being charged with running over and killing her husband who has also been charged with knocking down a car wash vacuum cleaner?

http://www.dailyworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008805130304

A 46-year-old Palmetto woman has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder after allegedly running over her 90-year-old husband with their pickup truck.

Being held without bond in the St. Landry Parish Jail is Diana Bihm, 139 Charles St., Palmetto.

She was arrested Sunday evening by St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office deputies, who were called to Stelly's Grocery in the 8600 block of U.S. Route 71 in Lebeau at 6:43 p.m.

Her husband of three years, Claude M. Bihm, was taken to Opelousas General Health System, where he died from his injuries later that evening.

According to witnesses, the couple had arrived at the store in a small, red pickup a few minutes earlier.

"The couple argued and the male subject exited the vehicle and entered the grocery store with his wife," said Jimmy Darbonne, the sheriff's office's public information officer.

He said the couple continued to argue while in the store and then both left the store, with the female heading back to the truck.

"Witnesses stated they witnessed physical contact between the subjects in the parking lot at one point during the argument," Darbonne said. "Witnesses also stated the female got behind the wheel of the truck while the male subject walked away toward the car wash located in the same parking lot."

He said the female then drove the vehicle to the edge of the concrete parking lot and stopped there briefly.

"The witnesses stated at that point the female subject proceeded at a high rate of speed, hitting the male subject with the vehicle, knocking down a car wash concrete-based vacuum cleaner and partially running over the subject with the front of the vehicle," Darbonne said.

bread's done
Back