lowball closed.

I didn't accuse you I just pointed out some inconsistencies. I guess we'll just see what happens.
I already learned my lesson.
But lets see how it goes now.

BioShock 2 Collector's Edition (Actual shipping) $10.50
Castlevania: lords of shadow Limited Edition, comes with unused SotN XBLA code $14.50
Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition (Actual shipping) $16.50
Silent Hill: Homecoming $5.50

Entourage: The Complete 1st Season $2.50
Entourage: Season Three, Part 2 $1.50

Books
Sin City: Bullets, Booze, and Broads $3 rockalittle00
Tekken 6 art book (from Special Edition) $3 rockalittle00
Dante's Inferno $3 rockalittle00

Ok guys.

I'm sorry about this fiasco. It wasn't fair, I didn't realize it was that big of a deal to change the dates. I didn't get near as much time to put into this lowball as I wanted. Hopefully this won't get me banned from CAG, the only way I know how to do this is just withdraw this whole lowball for now and re-do it after this disaster settles if I'm still around.

My deepest apologies to everyone bidding. I am so sorry. I'm not going to end those after 12am, but I'm not going to stop anyone who wanted a chance tonight.

:cry:
...lowball over.

I agree that it is probably best to end it when it should have been ended according to your rules.
Regardless of the fact that it was a date mix-up, the lowball has run for quite a long time and realizing that the date was mixed up after it should have ended isn't going to garner any good will.

Of course, choosing when to end it is your call, I would just like to remind you of the rules.
Information for sellers:
Please plan your auction ahead. Your end time is a verbal contract with your bidders and is not flexible. Please ensure that you will be ready and able to end your auction within the window specified in your lowball rules.
Items up for auction should be visually verified before being added to your listing (pictures of the actual product are highly recommended!) as sellers will be held responsible for ensuring that their list is accurate and all items are delivered as promised upon completion of the lowball. This means listed items may not be removed from the lowball once it is underway.
Appropriate feedback may be left by your buyers for actions outside the rules.

Once said and done, everyone is able to leave appropriate feedback and, judging only by the comments so far, I have a feeling they are not too thrilled with the choice to extend.

EDIT: Currently trying to resolve this issue...

Last edited by a moderator:
Which means no option for feedback.......

It was supposed to end last night. That was the original end time. Now everybody is screwed and he doesn't even get feedback....

[quote name='dv8mad']
EDIT AGAIN: Not sure if you are saying that you just ended it or that you are retroactively ending it at the proper time. If the former, I am still certain you may have some unhappy bidders.[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying he's cancelling the whole thing. Nothing sells.

I was the winning bidder for dead rising 2 zombrex edition as of last night. Then I get sniped today last minute and you post right after saying lowball over? What the hell is that?

Canceling the whole thing? After everyone wasted their time monitoring this thing as it went on? That's not right either. It should just be over now, and only the bids that came in before the original end time will be honored.

That makes the most sense.

i'm sorry, you would have in fact won it. My mistake. This whole thing is a sh%$^&storm.

Yes I agree thats what he should do but then he doesn't get to scoot out scott free.............

I thought so, but I was on my phone so I'm not really able to navigate the site easily. Doesn't matter tho because I feel the same way regardless.

I apologize to everyone again. This was my second lowball, I didn't have time to spend like I wanted. So yeah, I'm cancelling everything. Just like the guy who wanted Portal 2 and couldn't bid or the guy who was waiting around to get DR2. It's not fair to either of you. I take full responsibility for this and am sorry for the bad inconvenience. I'd be pissed at me too right now. Mods, do as you wish to me. If my account needs to be banned, then I understand and won't complain. As for everyone else, I am sincerely sorry.

This thing was a disaster, had I had more time to plan it, I assure you I would have done a better job. Looks like my days at CAG with the good reputation are through, I've been a member here for going on 3 years now, but this was just awful

I understand mistakes are made and everything but I don't understand why you just can't honor the original end time and sell to the highest bidders at that point...?

Why cancel the whole thing? I feel like if you just honor the original end time no damage will be done to your reputation or whatever because you're making things right.

So updating with a double post. LOWBALL IS OVER. Those that placed bids before 12AM last night will be hearing from me. I'll be working on totals tonight and tomorrow I will PM the winners.

[quote name='fsecreast']I understand mistakes are made and everything but I don't understand why you just can't honor the original end time and sell to the highest bidders at that point...?

Why cancel the whole thing? I feel like if you just honor the original end time no damage will be done to your reputation or whatever because you're making things right.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't be fair to those who started looking at the lowball after he had already changed the end time listing though. I don't care either way really, but I know I didn't look at this lowball much until Sunday after Creech and Batman's were done so I just thought the end time was tonight.

Honestly, I think cancelling it entirely is the right move. No matter what he does some people will be ticked.

Am I going crazy?

I thought I saw bungle post that he was going to honor it as of 12AM... did that post get deleted or something?

I don't see how people who followed it from the beginning should lose out because some people don't look until the end. That's why bidding early can occasionally benefit you. The way I see it now, that guy superkards should be thrilled

[quote name='fmz65']Am I going crazy?

I thought I saw bungle post that he was going to honor it as of 12AM... did that post get deleted or something?[/QUOTE]

WTH!!!! he did post that....now it's gone....OMFG this is just unreal.

Hmmmm, I appear to have missed a lot. Been following this lowball and was looking forward to bidding. Thought, I missed the end time, and apparently I did...along with some other stuff.

In my opinion, it's up to the lowballer to decide what to do. I've seen plenty of lowballs pushed back. And I've seen plenty that ended in a fluster cluck and no money/items exchanged. Obviously not the norm, but hardly unprecedented. In the end, it's up to him. He's got a solid fb rating, so I think he's earned that. If he wants to cancel it and reboot, that's up to him.

[quote name='Ace!']Just bid in my lowball now :p

Seems like a lot of fun in here!!![/QUOTE]

There ya go, always fun to be had on CAG! :lol: :bouncy:

[quote name='Tom Jane']There ya go, always fun to be had on CAG! :lol: :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

when lowballs turn out bad, they are always really bad...

Seen it happen several times.

Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition (Actual shipping) $17
Guitar Hero Metallica $5
Portal 2 $17.50
Sin City: Bullets, Booze, and Broads $3.50
Tekken 6 art book (from Special Edition) $3.50
Dante's Inferno $3.50

there will be more lowballs, the guy obviously had some issues, be it personal, monetary, or otherwise. if you wanted more money or if you just had an issue where you failed to realize what day it was for the entire week that you had this running, shit happens. If he chooses to restart the lowball later with better info, i guarantee that if it was to get more money, you will get far less the second time around as this will cost you bidders.

1 - honor bids to the original end time and deal with bids gotten and remain in good standing.

2 - restart it and get less money and a tarnished rep.

3 - end it and do not have another one and get a worse rep hit.

thats about all you got right now, everyone raggin on him will not help fix it, let him make his choice and deal with the consequences.

[quote name='Freemason']there will be more lowballs, the guy obviously had some issues, be it personal, monetary, or otherwise. if you wanted more money or if you just had an issue where you failed to realize what day it was for the entire week that you had this running, shit happens. If he chooses to restart the lowball later with better info, i guarantee that if it was to get more money, you will get far less the second time around as this will cost you bidders.

1 - honor bids to the original end time and deal with bids gotten and remain in good standing.

2 - restart it and get less money and a tarnished rep.

3 - end it and do not have another one and get a worse rep hit.

thats about all you got right now, everyone raggin on him will not help fix it, let him make his choice and deal with the consequences.[/QUOTE]

I wonder when he'll make the "choice" to update the title?

I think the OP is going to end up getting a lot of neg feedbacks over this situation, and from what I'm seeing in here, they're most likely justified.

The OP should honor the lowball as it was originally designed to work, sell the items to the bidders at their bid prices, and then learn from their mistake.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think the OP is going to end up getting a lot of neg feedbacks over this situation, and from what I'm seeing in here, they're most likely justified.

The OP should honor the lowball as it was originally designed to work, sell the items to the bidders at their bid prices, and then learn from their mistake.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! OP, just own up, and end the auction when it was supposed to. I'm still willing to hold up my end if you'll hold up yours.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Thank you! OP, just own up, and end the auction when it was supposed to. I'm still willing to hold up my end if you'll hold up yours.[/QUOTE]

As am I.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think the OP is going to end up getting a lot of neg feedbacks over this situation, and from what I'm seeing in here, they're most likely justified.

The OP should honor the lowball as it was originally designed to work, sell the items to the bidders at their bid prices, and then learn from their mistake.[/QUOTE]

We can leave feedback on this?

Feedback is able to be exchanged for a lowball even if goods have not changed hands as has been established by Shrike in the past.
However, it would be best if everyone reserve feedback until we see exactly what the OP decides to do. No reason to jump the gun and start something the mods have to clean up.

[quote name='dv8mad']Feedback is able to be exchanged for a lowball even if goods have not changed hands as has been established by Shrike in the past.
However, it would be best if everyone reserve feedback until we see exactly what the OP decides to do. No reason to jump the gun and start something the mods have to clean up.[/QUOTE]

I think the OP may have jumped ship. He's been on, but totally ignored this thread.

And, if he didn't change the date to increase bids, why is it such a big deal to end it when it was supposed to? Just sayin'.

[quote name='dv8mad']Feedback is able to be exchanged for a lowball even if goods have not changed hands as has been established by Shrike in the past.
However, it would be best if everyone reserve feedback until we see exactly what the OP decides to do. No reason to jump the gun and start something the mods have to clean up.[/QUOTE]

2 days later and he hasn't even bothered to fix the title. How long should we wait if he hasn't made any posts or sent any PM's (as far as we know)
All you have to do is check his profile to see he is visiting the site and browsing other threads.
Why would neg feedback have to be cleaned up by the mods?

Ending the lowball, sorry I only logged in through my phone. I'm back on the laptop now.

No one wins anything. Due to the overwhelming negative (deserved) responses, I'm just cancelling everything. There was no good way to do this, had I ended it at 12AM those who wanted to get in on the bidding would've been shafted, but to keep it going would've hurt those who won.

So, leave some feedback if you must. I prefer it not so, as I have had reputable feedback here for nearly 3 years, but I understand this one hurt me, and I'm willing to take whatever need be on here.

Later guys.

Makes me sad to see these things happen. Lowballs are such a great and friendly way to trade and sell games without any hassles like eBay fees and the like.

I personally feel like I'm opening a christmas present every time I see a new lowball thread. It's such a shame to see such strong community builders and frankly, very fun events, hit such a low :(.

It'll be interesting to see how community reacts at this point, however.

I REALLLY wanted to leave some very negative feedback but, I'm going to let your previous feedback be my guide here.
I'm letting it drop and I wish you good luck in your next attempt.
Thanks for "manning up" so to speak.

EDIT***
I think it would be awesome if mods were a bit more active in this particular forum.
Please don't beat me over the head, I know they are busy with their actual lives.....it would just be helpful

personally, albeit it sucks it happened the way it did, there is nobody to blame but him, he agrees and has stated he is willing to take his licks, but as stated, he has dealt favorably for several years with high and low profile members here like platinumsoldier, 5of9, mike.m, and others with no issues. I think once the pot stirred on the times he found himself in a pickle pleasing both sides of his mistake and realizes it. I actually came in later to bid after my initial one just due to work.. but let's be grown ups here... nobody paid for anything and nothing was sent and this could have been a drastically larger pooch screw than it is.

Everyone makes mistakes and although i do not condone the actions taken at all, he has shown CAG values in the past, is willing to take whatever is felt just, and that alone would make me give him the benefit of the doubt... and know that in the future i am sure his lowball will be METICULOUS in the way it is handled. Fool us once...

compassion is the justice of future mistakes friends, but there should be at least some recourse if the original end date and bids are not honored as it was originally intended, despite HOW it would need worked out on the sellers end. My 2 dollars worth.

[quote name='rockalittle00']
EDIT***
I think it would be awesome if mods were a bit more active in this particular forum.
Please don't beat me over the head, I know they are busy with their actual lives.....it would just be helpful[/QUOTE]

They do come by, and I am here just about every day and often forward things to Shrike if it's not something I can handle myself. He typically looks into it almost immediately.
It may not be apparent, but this part of the forums does get fairly good coverage when compared to most other areas.

bread's done
Back