Ltd. White GBA SP + Metroid Zero Mission $79.95 @ CC B&M (Poss. $66.99 YMMV)

chwang0129

CAGiversary!
I know it's not a great deal since everybody is all over the DS and this deal showed up during black friday
The bundle at circuitcity.com says it's actually $99.99, but if you go to B&M it will ring up as $79.95
I picked one up after class today and thought it was a pretty good deal!
but for those who are looking for the liminted pearl white color, here's a great opputunity!
It comes with a free copy of the metroid zero mission game and a wireless headset w/ fm radio for the GBA SP ($12.99 value, weekly ad special)

(proof that it is still $99.99 on circuitcity.com)
http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/cat...0013223+600/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

**Updated 12/13/2004 1:27pm EST**

Hi, for those who bought the Pearl White GBA SP + Metroid Zero Mission + Free Wireless Headset bundle last week from CC, check your reciept!
If it shows that the wireless headset is rang up seperately from your GBA SP, go return it and get money back now!

I realized this during the weekend that on my reciept, it says $66.99 for the GBA SP bundle and $12.99 for the Wireless headset (My reciept does not mention anythinga about the headset being bonus or free).
So I went back to CC this morning to see if I can return the headset just for the heck of it, luckily, the sales person took it back w/o any questions ask and refunded me $12.99 + tax! = $13.77

Therefore, my Ltd. Ed. Pearl White GBA SP + Metroid Zero Mission ended up to be only $66.99 + tax!

p.s. This morning the bundle is still priced at $79.95, it's just that there are no free wireless headset promotion anymore

Picture of the price tag i took w/ my camera phone:
DSC00091.jpg

Seems like a hot deal. I was meaning to visit Circuit City for the Killzone demo and eternal darkness for 10 bucks. Now I really have to hit them up.

Even though I heard that game was poop, I might as well pick it up. I'll trade that thing in for a few bucks and break even with taxes.

I thought Metroid Zero was... pretty awesome. Either way, $80 for a white SP and the game is a great deal, and if I didn't already have them I'd be on my way to CC.

^^^
that's what I'm thinking too ^_^ hehe .. damn this is a pretty sweet deal, cool thing of you OP to take a picture too. Thanks .. might just pick one up if I see it at mine. Sucha nice deal I think or I just want a white SP =X.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']^^^
that's what I'm thinking too ^_^ hehe .. damn this is a pretty sweet deal, cool thing of you OP to take a picture too. Thanks .. might just pick one up if I see it at mine. Sucha nice deal I think or I just want a white SP =X.[/quote]

you're welcome!
The pearl white GBA SP is really nice! :)

Thanks OP. Picked up two of these packages tonight. My local store still had a bunch of the Pearl packages with the free Metroid left.

At first, the manager wouldn't let me get the headphones AND the Pearl package with the free Metroid. However, after I showed him the shelf tag that read free headphones with ANY GBA system purchase, he relented and told the cashier to ring it up. Despite the hassle, everyone was courteous and professional and I ultimately got my way, so no complaints.

-DM

[quote name='Scorch']Um.. why was my post in this thread deleted? Some MOD got an issue that they can't talk about via PM's?[/quote]What did you say? If it was flaming like you normally do, I am shocked that they would do such a thing. :wink:

Are you sure you even posted in this thread before? :wink:

Got the set for $79.99 at my Circuit City, but it was a no go on the headset.

I'm sure I could've argued and gotten it, but I was in too good of a mood to go evil on them.

Strangly enough, I had two different employees ask me if I was sure I wanted the SP & not the DS, even though they didn't have a DS in stock. :)

That's an amazing deal. If you don't have Metroid, you need it, and if you're planning on getting a DS, I'm sure you'll get at least $60 for the Pearl White SP, thus saving you $10 in the long run.

[quote name='Scorch']Um.. why was my post in this thread deleted? Some MOD got an issue that they can't talk about via PM's?[/quote]

i think what happened is that the Original Poster made two threads, one in portable gaming forum and one here, your reply is in the other thread as is mine

that's an awesome deal. i've been meaning to get a GBA for a while. i hope they have it at my store.

metroid fusion is a great game, i played pretty far into it on my cousin's gba.

Hi, for those who bought the Pearl White GBA SP + Metroid Zero Mission + Free Wireless Headset bundle last week from CC, check your reciept!
If it shows that the wireless headset is rang up seperately from your GBA SP, go return it and get money back now!

I realized this during the weekend that on my reciept, it says $66.99 for the GBA SP bundle and $12.99 for the Wireless headset (My reciept does not mention anythinga about the headset being bonus or free).
So I went back to CC this morning to see if I can return the headset just for the heck of it, luckily, the sales person took it back w/o any questions ask and refunded me $12.99 + tax! = $13.77

Therefore, my Ltd. Ed. Pearl White GBA SP + Metroid Zero Mission ended up to be only $66.99 + tax!

p.s. This morning the bundle is still priced at $79.95, it's just that there are no free wireless headset promotion anymore

[quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='Scorch']Um.. why was my post in this thread deleted? Some MOD got an issue that they can't talk about via PM's?[/quote]

i think what happened is that the Original Poster made two threads, one in portable gaming forum and one here, your reply is in the other thread as is mine[/quote]

[quote name='Scorch']Nice work, and nice picture. I need to get a phone with that ability.[/quote]

[quote name='Milkyman']whats the quality of the headphones like? i know for 12.99 you cant expect much.[/quote]

i would really like to answer your question, but i didn't even open the wireless headset package and returned it for money

it seems pretty cheesy, but hey it's wireless!

I just went and got one. The first CircuitCity tried to sell me the DS, and had no idea there was a white one and 'we must not have gotten it yet. "

Went to the second one, again no display but asked someone and he said he didn't know but at least went to the computer to check but then asked another guy said yeah we had them, but might be sold out so the guy said he would check the back. He was also to find one but no free headset, I think that ended on Sat. Oh well, thanks OP. Metroid!

i bought the pearl SP and Zero Mission today, but it was $100 because they rung them up separately. i asked if there were any promotions currently, and they said get an SP for $70 with purchase of a GBA game. that's the deal i got. i didn't see the promotion for $80 anywhere, or the free headphones promotion.

is there any way i can get my $20 back? otherwise, i'm just going to return the shit. my fucking CC pisses me off.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i bought the pearl SP and Zero Mission today, but it was $100 because they rung them up separately. i asked if there were any promotions currently, and they said get an SP for $70 with purchase of a GBA game. that's the deal i got. i didn't see the promotion for $80 anywhere, or the free headphones promotion.

is there any way i can get my $20 back? otherwise, i'm just going to return the shit. my shaq-fuing CC pisses me off.[/quote]

The Metroid Zero Mission game should be bundled inside the box fo the White GBA SP, not as a seperate product.
It's a regular Pearl white GBA SP box with a Metroid Zero Mission Sticker on it. All together for $79.95.
I just checked out my CC today and see that they're still selling the bundle

20_1_b.JPG

Hmmm... and if i hadn't just bought that Xbox i'd be all over this.... GBA SP would be so nice on my 6 hour plane ride i have coming up, plus 3 hour drive....

damn entertaining myself is expensive. Why didn't i take up knitting? :D

I bought the GBA SP and not all the pearl white gba sp are bundled with the GBA. I bought one with the metroid game and I returned it cause there was some pixels burnt out and the clerk got me a metroid-less one so she gave me the game inside the one I returned. Sucks for the person who bought that one. But it was defective.

The headphones are quite good in my opinion. They sound like any other head phones I have had. My only complain is the wireless adapter is bulky.

I have burnt out pixel too. Right in the middle of the screen. :( Didn't notice it during VirtuaTennis but in Metroid is it right in your face. I don't know if I was just playing too long or what, but my hands are cramping up. I might just end up returning it and not exchanging it.

[quote name='chwang0129']The Metroid Zero Mission game should be bundled inside the box fo the White GBA SP, not as a seperate product.
It's a regular Pearl white GBA SP box with a Metroid Zero Mission Sticker on it. All together for $79.95.
I just checked out my CC today and see that they're still selling the bundle

20_1_b.JPG
[/quote]

Awesome. I won't be able to get it for a little while. Hopefully it's still there in a week. I'm just glad it's a bundle and not a "Buy an SP get a game for free."

[quote name='lurknomore']Does the Metroid ZM come with its own box, or is it just a cart and book?[/quote]

just a cart and a book

bread's done
Back