LttP: Zelda: Four Swords Adventure (GC)

game-boi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was able to pick this up pretty cheap at CC today and just played through the first "stage". I wasn't expecting the best single player mode given how multiplayer heavy the game is, but I think I'm totally smitten with how how this game is. It's like a video game mashup, I love the pixel art with gamecube effects. And it looks fantastic on my Wii.

For those of you who have played the game, does the quality hold through out? How long of a game is it? Is there anything else out there that's like this?

I greatly enjoyed this game - in fact, I think it's one of the GameCube's almost forgotten Gems. Everyone rags on it for the multi-player/connectivity "requirements", but I played the entire game through single player (although I did use a GBA) and felt it was a solid game on it's own.

I only played a brief bit of it in single player, but I really enjoyed it. Sold it (getting decent money for its age right now), but I plan on getting it again once I've finished Wind Waker and a few other items.

Just wrapped up the first level last night, so far I'm enjoying this a lot more than Wind Waker (loved it's story, fetch quest...not so much), the added bonus of have good break points and more linear gameplay lets my boyfriend get into it as well.

I loved the game. Its tons of fun, and the graphical/art style is simply awesome. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are pretty, but I could never pass up a 2D Zelda game in all it's glory. Add some 3D effects to the game, and you've got one beautiful masterpiece.

[quote name='hack']I loved the game. Its tons of fun, and the graphical/art style is simply awesome. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are pretty, but I could never pass up a 2D Zelda game in all it's glory. Add some 3D effects to the game, and you've got one beautiful masterpiece.[/QUOTE]
To answer your questions, the game is totally awesome from beginning to end. The connectivity factor just epitomizes Nintendo's innovativeness. I recently beat the game (about a month ago) and enjoyed every minute of it. It's one of those games that is perfect to play in this day and time, in which one's library is flooded with great titles that require some time. It is not too short and not too long.

$10.XX @ CC (YMMV?) It was a last copy of the original edition. Only sad part is that it came in a beat up box not suitable to sit on a shelf, at least there's no Player's Choice banner.

[quote name='ricoraney']The connectivity factor just epitomizes Nintendo's innovativeness.[/QUOTE]
It's the epitomy/only example of connectivity by Nintendo. So I guess technically it is the epitome, by default. You're kind of stretching it.

I remember I got stuck when playing with 3 of my other friends. It was where theres a gate around the chickens i think. I threw one friend in the pen. Then we cant get him outta there.

The single player adventure mode is pretty good. If you play through the adventure mode though with more people, you can unlock a bunch of mini games.

[quote name='pete5883']It's the epitomy/only example of connectivity by Nintendo. So I guess technically it is the epitome, by default. You're kind of stretching it.[/QUOTE]
ffcc comes to mind.

[quote name='paz9x']ffcc comes to mind.[/quote]

There's also Pacman Vs, another awesome game along with Four Swords (probably the top two multiplayer games from last gen).

It's a shame that FFCC had to suck so bad and give a bad name to Nintendo's connectivity.

[quote name='chunk']There's also Pacman Vs, another awesome game along with Four Swords (probably the top two multiplayer games from last gen).

It's a shame that FFCC had to suck so bad and give a bad name to Nintendo's connectivity.[/quote]i'll have to second that, FFCC was a big let down

Sears and possibly Kmart had this game awhile back for only $3... obviously a steal at that price.

I enjoyed the game. Definitely brought back some good memories of the SNES Zelda. The only thing I didn't care for was the limited inventory you have, as well as, starting over from scratch at the beginning of each level. I definitely would have liked to try it with 4 players, but really who has 4 GBAs and cables? I could possibly round-up 2...

FFCC was awesome. I could go on for pages about why your oppinions on it are wrong, but that'd be a colossal waste of time.
Four Swords is also an excellent game, I played through the whole thing with 2 other people and it is just a great time. If only we had more GBA to GC connectivity games. Here's hoping we get a sequal with DS to Wii connectivity! /wishful thinking

Interesting, I might have to finally pick this up. I figured the single player would be awful since it was made for multiplayer.

[quote name='yukine']Interesting, I might have to finally pick this up. I figured the single player would be awful since it was made for multiplayer.[/quote]

It's not going to blow you away by any means, but it's definitely worth the $10 I paid for it. An absolute steal if you can find a copy for $3.

[quote name='paz9x']ffcc comes to mind.[/QUOTE]
I don't really remember what I was getting at when I first posted, but FFCC was Square-Enix and Pacman Vs. was Namco.

bread's done
Back