Luigi's Mansion 2 - Who is in?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So anyone else picking this up at the end of the month? I'm kind of starved for 3DS games even though I'm only about 1/3 done with Paper Mario (which I love so far).

I hope we can get a deal on this at some point - I passed on the Newegg $30 preorder and I kind of regret it.

Yeah buddy. Part of what got me to pull the trigger on my 3DS XL. Register those two at the same time, get mah free game. The fiancee was a big fan of the first one on GC, so we both win.

balls deep here. even rode the cheap route and picked it up from newegg. unfortunately it won't get here but a week later.

Same for me. I missed the GC version and have heard nothing but great things about it. Between this and the other 3 games Ill pick up at Target next week, I should be set for a while.

Picking it up for my son for Easter..definitely plan on playing it myself at some point. I still haven't touched anything on the 3DS XL though, he has been hogging it.

Just a reminder, at Target on Sunday all 3DS XL's will be $159.99 (including the Pikachu XL) and regular 3DS's will be $129.99.

But yup, I'm picking up my copy of LM2 on Sunday. Hooray!

A Google search turned up nothing, but I'm a glutton for punishment. There are no preorder bonuses or retailer exclusives for this game, right?

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']A Google search turned up nothing, but I'm a glutton for punishment. There are no preorder bonuses or retailer exclusives for this game, right?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I've heard of is the Newegg $29.99 preorder, which is long gone.

I picked up a copy, but I don't own a 3ds (yet)

I'll be using the club nintendo code, but if anyone wants the game for $30 shipped lmk

[quote name='maigoyume']I picked up a copy, but I don't own a 3ds (yet)

I'll be using the club nintendo code, but if anyone wants the game for $30 shipped lmk[/QUOTE]

why did you just use the code?

[quote name='62t']why did you just use the code?[/QUOTE]Friend of mine registered their 3ds XL and I can't take advantage of the CN promo, so I'm giving the code to her.

I played Luigi's Mansion at a store! WOWSERSSSSSSS!!!!! has me feenin' for a 3DS XL!!!!!! Gonna get 1 and this game!!!!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='SteveGo']I'm definitely in on this game. Looking forward to playing the single cartridge multiplayer mode with my wife.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't know this was a thing. Sounds cool!

Oh hell YES I'm in. Luigi's Mansion is terribly underrated in my opinion, and this one looks like a gigantic expansion of the original in numerous ways.

[quote name='SteveGo']I'm definitely in on this game. Looking forward to playing the single cartridge multiplayer mode with my wife.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about this either. I was going to wait for a later deal since I've got a backlog of stuff to play on the 3DS right now. But that might push me over since I might be able to get my son to play his 3DS again. (Etrian Odyssey IV is eating up all my gaming time now though...)

Single cart multiplayer mode? Tell me more! My son just got his 3DS and I think it would be cool for the 2 of us to play together.

I was just at Target and they didn't have any copies of this game. I was in a hurry so I didn't ask but I didn't see any on display.

[quote name='Javery']I was just at Target and they didn't have any copies of this game. I was in a hurry so I didn't ask but I didn't see any on display.[/QUOTE]

lol.... They are horrible for this, it worked out in my favor once, they still had the pre-order card up so I paid a dollar for that, price matched Paper Mario to Frys for $29.99 and got $5 giftcard!

I picked up Luigi's Mansion and Cave Story at TRU, they have a b1g140% off this week for those of you who don't know. I'm super excited but I wont get some decent playing time till later, damn B-Day parites, good thing the first one is next door.

[quote name='skiizim']I picked up Luigi's Mansion and Cave Story at TRU, they have a b1g140% off this week for those of you who don't know. I'm super excited but I wont get some decent playing time till later, damn B-Day parites, good thing the first one is next door.[/QUOTE]

Is it buy b1g140%off all 3DS games or only a select few?

[quote name='Javery']Is it buy b1g140%off all 3DS games or only a select few?[/QUOTE]

$19.99 and up I guess it's all games, I cant remember but I swore somebody said it was $19.99 and up.

Here is the thread on CAG

I think I'm getting it at Gamestop I have about 30$ in store credit from flipping Fifa games to there a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the original and looking forward to this, I can't wait for Animal Crossing next!

[quote name='batman1939']If it's the year of Luigi why not a green 3DS XL?[/QUOTE]

I have never bought in to the limited edition consoles or cared much for color differences, but man, I would be all over a Luigi 3DS XL.

Picked it up because I was bored on Sunday and kind of like it. Got killed by the first ghost and have to restart the level over. :(

I was also in Target for the xl sale. The worker told me they got 7 copies of Luigi's Mansion, but all were reserved. May go to GS tonight. I need a screen protector for my new xl anyway.

OK, I finished the second mission - it's really great. The environments are highly detailed and interactive. Luigi is well animated (although the controls take a little getting used to just like the original) and has tons of personality. I'm not sure how the scoring system works yet but I think I'll be coming back to the "levels" to try and get gold or 3 stars or whatever I'm supposed to be going for. So far so good...

So the "Skyscraper Mode" which is the name for the multiplayer mode does not unlock until after the 4th mission. It is pretty fun however.

I did get to play the download mode with my wife and we had a blast. Not sure what the limitations are between it and full multiplayer mode are (although I noticed there were no item bonuses after clearing each level, that might be one).

Single player is really fun too. So a gold three star medal is what I should be aiming for? So for I got a couple bronze one-star medals and the rest are silver two-star medals. Also, is there supposed to be a Boo in each mission, because there spots for Boo medals for each one.

[quote name='SteveGo']So a gold three star medal is what I should be aiming for? So for I got a couple bronze one-star medals and the rest are silver two-star medals. Also, is there supposed to be a Boo in each mission, because there spots for Boo medals for each one.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. A silver 2 star medal is my best so far although I'm still in the first mansion. I did replay a level and tried to solve it quickly and get as much treasure as possible since I knew where everything was and I still only got the silver medal. I'm probably missing 1/2 the secrets or something...

I have a few 3 stars, you basically need to get a lot of cash, sweep up all the ghost, don't get hurt much and finish quickly.

Read below for the boos.

once you get the dark light you can play through the levels again and find the boo, I'll give you the first one.......Highlight >>>>Its in the Garage[

[quote name='Javery']I don't know. A silver 2 star medal is my best so far although I'm still in the first mansion. I did replay a level and tried to solve it quickly and get as much treasure as possible since I knew where everything was and I still only got the silver medal. I'm probably missing 1/2 the secrets or something...[/QUOTE]

Once you progress more you can play through the levels even more than what you previously could. You need to check everywhere, that's something I remember form the Gamecube game. If your one of those people like myself that likes checking every possible corner this is your game!

I'm really digging this. I didn't play the first game, so this is a wicked treat. I have only one complaint though! The tilt controls clash with the 3D. Anyone have any tips on dealing with that? It's just too neat to not play in 3D!

[quote name='Ahadi']I'm really digging this. I didn't play the first game, so this is a wicked treat. I have only one complaint though! The tilt controls clash with the 3D. Anyone have any tips on dealing with that? It's just too neat to not play in 3D![/QUOTE]

You don't have to use the tilt controls

[quote name='Ahadi']That's comforting to know.[/QUOTE]

It takes a little getting used too but you can press x to look up and b to look down.

Question:

I'm only like 4 or 5 levels in but is there a free roam mode? I like to explore and their is always an unannounced part at the end of the level where you are called back by the scientist regardless if you want to leave or not. I know you can repeat levels but that brings back all the coins/items/enemies. I just want to be able to look around and not feel like if I go in the wrong door it's going to end the level

bread's done
Back