Luke Smith leaving 1up [Ziff /Davis] ?

:puke:

ugh, I couldn't get through the first 2 minutes of that show. it was like Mad TV but...worse and with unnecessary swearing.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']A joke where you replace a F for the C I think he means.[/QUOTE]

No I think he really meant a CAG. She's a self-proclaimed member of these forums. For the deals, of course.

In that case, if kathleen did see this thread, I meant no offense, because she does do a great job on the podcasts and 1up show. Just not a woman I'd be attracted to.. why am I defending myself?

[quote name='jer7583']In that case, if kathleen did see this thread, I meant no offense, because she does do a great job on the podcasts and 1up show. Just not a woman I'd be attracted to.. why am I defending myself?[/QUOTE]

Shes a attractive woman IMO. the dog thing is kinda weird though. That said most of the 1up people look kinda hippy/emmoish, like you would see them in the background of a fallout boy video.

[quote name='jrutz']No I think he really meant a CAG. She's a self-proclaimed member of these forums. For the deals, of course.[/quote]
Yeah, she talked about being a member of CAG, for the deals, in one of the earliest 1up Yours podcasts.

That said most of the 1up people look kinda hippy/emmoish, like you would see them in the background of a fallout boy video.

I tend to agree with this, although most would never own up to it, and many probably hate that band, but can't not look the part, as it's the 'cool nerd' aesthetic they must need. I get the impression that they're a very 'image-conscious' site. (Which might be the reason they look so lucrative to MTV.) It's one of the few criticisms I have of the whole "Ziff-Davis empire". I don't want to single anyone out, but I couldn't see them ever hiring the majority of the staffers over at...well, a very respected and prominent competitor site that's got years and years on them, let's just say that.

I liked Luke because he often asked/said what I was thinking or wanted to say. All these people pussyfoot around the game makers/publishers and everyone else in order that they will give them information/news/inside scoops/ect. There is no show or person reporting on the gaming industry that works like some other news programs to ask those tough questions that everyone wants answered but noone is asking. Like saying to Nintendo WTF is up with you adding wifi and then spending the time from launch till now not doing online gaming. Shenanigans!

I hope he stays in the biz. My fave at the 1up Show for sure.

I dont think that anyone could do what I want in the gaming industry. Simply because noone from the game industry would give them interviews or information. They would be shut out and would have to rely on word of mouth and second hand info to really get into the issues. But maybe if it was really supported by people and with the right team behind it there could be a way for some kind of hard core show/site/program to be created. People who would ask the tough questions and complain a little.

Luke is great in the podcast and all, he will be missed for sure. But I think John and Garnett also delivery a nice job. Even Shane is quite OK, besides the usual Sony fanboy carp.

I hope the they carry on the show.

I'm sure there are a lot of high profile people here at CAG whether you recognize them (if they even want you to) or not. CAG is a well rounded community and it's worthy of every mention it recives

bread's done
Back